Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

How long should the duration of a flash last(Screen Blackout)?

12 Seconds - 2.8.5 Value
1762 (64.6%)
15 Seconds
352 (12.9%)
20 Seconds - Current value in 25Assist
614 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 227

Voting closed: Tuesday, January 15, 2013, 00:56:27 AM

Author Topic: Flash time Poll  (Read 18224 times)

Offline ELiZ

Flash time Poll
« on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 00:56:27 AM »
Cast your vote.
Get your friends to come and vote.
Please free to post your opinion, it’s possible to change your vote after its cast.

Result will be made public in 7 days.

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
Re: Flash time Poll
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 01:47:50 AM »
Whatever the value will be, I can say I'm happy with it.
- Getting old, cold and slow -

Offline dapand

• View Profile
  • AA: Panda
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 02:12:08 AM »
I have a friend of mine who tried AA for the first time... first thing he said was crying over flashes ^^
@_@

Offline Ganja

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 03:25:04 AM »
Was there only a time difference between 2.5 and 2.8.5? I mean they were stronger also in 2.5 right?
And can't u put a poll on assist itself? like u said "there will be update soon" "happy newyear" so everybody can vote? just an idea, cauz anyway I appreciate the effort you guys put in this fking game! :)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 04:55:13 AM »
Maybe this poll could be announced on Assist with a link so everyone who plays the game (and doesn't visit the forums much) can at least know there's a poll even if they don't care to come and vote.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 05:24:16 AM »
Actually, i adapted to the new (old) flashbangs, but i will base my vote on the fact how long real flashbangs have an effect. Sadly, i don't know the effect (blinding effect) lasts in real life. Another thing is that 2.8.5 flashbangs were pretty much useless in open field combats, that's what i don't want to be changed. So will the change only affect the time duration or also the efficiency of flashbangs?

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 05:24:42 AM »
Was there only a time difference between 2.5 and 2.8.5? I mean they were stronger also in 2.5 right?

I believe the only difference is duration.

Offline MothaGoosE

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 05:26:22 AM »
Actually, i adapted to the new (old) flashbangs, but i will base my vote on the fact how long real flashbangs have an effect. Sadly, i don't know the effect (blinding effect) lasts in real life. Another thing is that 2.8.5 flashbangs were pretty much useless in open field combats, that's what i don't want to be changed. So will the change only affect the time duration or also the efficiency of flashbangs?

Let's just say that you don't want to experience the effects of a flashbang in real life. It would really wreck your day. :P

Offline Ganja

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 05:52:58 AM »
I believe the only difference is duration.

They hah no effect outside on 2.8.5. So I like their effect now, just 15 seconds is more than enough for me

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 07:07:15 AM »
And can't u put a poll on assist itself? like u said "there will be update soon" "happy newyear" so everybody can vote? just an idea

Good idea, I'll do that later today and let it stay up for 48 Hours

Offline iCaz

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 07:28:26 AM »
Shorten time! yay! 2.8.5 was a great version!

Offline zoxee

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 08:10:03 AM »
All i know is that current flashbangs wreck my headphones and give me a headache for like 10 min...

Either shorten their duration pls or just darken the screen but change the frequency of that awfull sound.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 08:12:24 AM by zoxee »
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline butters

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »
flash time varied on your position , they weren't always 12 sec on 2.8.5 (wtf 12 sec??)

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 10:12:14 AM »
It varies on all versions, at least one factor is distance from the flash.
We are voting on the maximum duration.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 11:40:23 AM by ELiZ »

Offline Mixk

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 08, 2013, 11:02:57 AM »
I would be happy with any of them as long as something was done about what I am going to call here a couple of bugs with them. One is a few different times I have been hit with a flash near the end of a round which in itself isn't much, but when the black screen and the noise lasts until the start of the next round, that's a bit overkill. One day I sat through weapon choice because I thought game was still going on until I come out of the black screen and everyone has picked for next set of seven but me and getting told, "F2 pick F2 ." LOL I am like what is going on? And the other thing is not even being in the room when a flash goes off and getting collateral damage bad enough that over two and a half minutes pass in the round since the nade was popped and the ringing is just  starting to go away.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager