Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: ESL Test Cup  (Read 33862 times)

Offline deniiz

Re: ESL Test Cup
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »
dude u have to no clue what u talking about. wont even bother to awser you. im not the one talking with esl admin, nt there tho

it's me who's talking to esl admin ;)

and believe me, we were talking about everything, and he said not too much maps otherwhise its going too long ;)

and thats why WE picked the most played maps in it, it's about this test cup, not about how ESL will be afterwards you should get this 1m50ry, you think nobody will play ESL then, okay okay.. will you make everything with ESL? spend time like me yday arround 5 hours to set everything up with ESL?

you can play your BC and stuff when the GAME is back, but to bring the game back, we should play like it is most attractive, and sry, if they see 4 ppls proning on a hill, behind the wood watching a bridge, isn't really attraktive ;)

you can do my job if you want i don't care i just want to bring this game back to esl to play compative, so i can't listen to every wish i'm sry,

before ESL shut aao down ( btw AAO wasn't deleted of inactivity, it was deleted because U.S. Army shut it down ;) )

there were only UA MMK CT IC ESLDUSK PIPE and SF SS and nobody had a problem with it, and now a player like you which i doesn't even know is flaming the whole time about the mappool, dude, ITS JUST FOR BRINGING IT BACK, NOT FOR THE LADDER SYSTEM AFTERWARDS!!! get this

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »
ITS JUST FOR BRINGING IT BACK, NOT FOR THE LADDER SYSTEM AFTERWARDS!!! get this

thats what im trying to tell u put to this cup all maps so all teams join.......

Offline Bart!

« Reply #77 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 10:27:47 AM »
thats what im trying to tell u put to this cup all maps so all teams join.......
you didn't even read did you?

The esl admin already gave the reasoning for this. I already gave a reasoning for this, you will never win this argument because it is evidently proven by other games and in the AA past that a big mappool for 1 cup does not work as well as a cup with a few maps, you can make different cups with different maplists but the other format just is NOT the most attractive one and will NOT be it for ESL because that is not the way they do their leagues.

Offline deniiz

« Reply #78 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 10:30:38 AM »

The esl admin already gave the reasoning for this. I already gave a reasoning for this, you will never win this argument because it is evidently proven by other games and in the AA past that a big mappool for 1 cup does not work as well as a cup with a few maps, you can make different cups with different maplists but the other format just is NOT the most attractive one and will NOT be it for ESL because that is not the way they do their leagues.

exactly, but he don't get it for sure..

Offline amthje

« Reply #79 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 10:31:09 AM »
pubbers will never get this, tired of reading this topic. it's getting too bitchy

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 10:52:18 AM »

tidi already proved for me that his maplist is good he has 28 teams in his league

u cant compare aao with 28 teams and 15$ donators to cs with 300teams and 100000$ sponsors.

if u tell to esl admins that more maps means more teams im sure they ll not have problem with it

but w/e guys do what u think is best i hope u ll succed.

and cmone give some respect to pubbers.....u shud be encouraging em to join competitions even teaching em not shit on their heads anytime u own em...

Offline Bart!

« Reply #81 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 10:59:42 AM »
tidi already proved for me that his maplist is good he has 28 teams in his league

u cant compare aao with 28 teams and 15$ donators to cs with 300teams and 100000$ sponsors.

if u tell to esl admins that more maps means more teams im sure they ll not have problem with it

but w/e guys do what u think is best i hope u ll succed.

and cmone give some respect to pubbers.....u shud be encouraging em to join competitions even teaching em not shit on their heads anytime u own em...
See, you didnt read what I said, read back why it has 28 teams (exactly, no other leagues to join, people wanted a  league, this is their only option, so they have to play there even if they do not like the full maplist).

And I won't compare the numbers, but how big are the odds that they have never tried the format with more maps which gave them the conclusion less maps in a league is better.
Do you really think they came up with this format and never even thought about changing it or trying other things in all those years their community developped?

And this is not only the case in that game, but in many other games as well.

I do beleive you like the big maplist though ;)

Offline Goncalo

• View Profile
  • AA: Goncalo
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 11:02:33 AM »
btw in those 28 teams, only 8 are active

Offline Shibby

« Reply #83 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 12:24:34 PM »
he said not too much maps otherwhise its going too long
Really? When I was AA admin in ESL PL none of Master ESL admins cared about maplist. The most important was number of active teams, because probably some of them want to play in ESL Amateur Series and ESL Pro Series and will buy Premium Accounts.

if they see 4 ppls proning on a hill, behind the wood watching a bridge, isn't really attraktive ;)
Who is "they"? Who will be watching matches in this Test Cup? ESL admins? Will there be videocasts?

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 15:12:51 PM »
See, you didnt read what I said, read back why it has 28 teams (exactly, no other leagues to join, people wanted a  league, this is their only option, so they have to play there even if they do not like the full maplist).
its not true many of teams would not join if there were not their maps...........best way how to find out is make a poll

And I won't compare the numbers, but how big are the odds that they have never tried the format with more maps which gave them the conclusion less maps in a league is better.
Do you really think they came up with this format and never even thought about changing it or trying other things in all those years their community developped?
i was talking for THIS opening cup....it was idea HOW to get most teams.....and NO things which works in cs wont work in aao
if u play game for money u just learn any map admins say
if u play for fun u wont
.....well u ll see

I do beleive you like the big maplist though ;)
i dont like it...im talking for teams which r picking sf pcr and sf oasis agaisnt us and losing on mmk 12-0 than

if this what u going to do ll be succesfull ill be only  happy ....no need to argue with me just think about what i say and do what ever u think is best

its just my 2 cents so let me be noobs  :makemyday:

Offline sandzix

« Reply #85 on: Sunday, January 27, 2013, 19:56:54 PM »
Thats the point. There must be a small number of maps, which all players know. you cant say whos better if there are 30 maps, cuz its just to much! if you have 5 maps, all playing, you will see which team is the best and thats it! and wow! u seriously talk about WL? 28 Teams, around 15-20 teams inactive. dont make me laugh xD

just join this shit cup, if we have AAO back on ESL we can make different cups and ladders with all maps in the mappool. just give it a chance, join up and let us be succesfull. Mappool and other stuff can be added any day when the game is back and we have some admins.

Offline Shibby

« Reply #86 on: Monday, January 28, 2013, 11:24:27 AM »
if you have 5 maps, all playing, you will see which team is the best and thats it!
Ok, but if it will be only 5 CQB maps (probably UA, McK, IC, Dusk and Pipeline/SS/CT) we will see which team is the best on this 5 CQB maps.

Maybe 2 CQB, 2 LR and 1 SF map? It's also only five maps and everybody can easily learn them all. However I think that the best clans know all maps, not only 5 CQB maps.

It is easy to be an decision-maker and choose maps according to your own preferences.
« Last Edit: Monday, January 28, 2013, 11:27:15 AM by Shibby »

Offline Pegesus

« Reply #87 on: Monday, January 28, 2013, 12:45:41 PM »
so much arguing, if this is what its like now, whats it going to be like if AA does actually get back in ESL.
ESL probably are not really interested in this game anyway, it will just be added to there free games list,
Current prize fund budget for Dota 2 and CSGO is $156,000 per game, gl
CPU: Intel i7 o/c to 4.40ghz
RAM: 32GB Patriot Red
GFX: MSI GTX650Ti Boost
Sound: Creative X-Fi
Headset: Steelseries 4H
Mouse: Steelseries Kinzu v2
Keys: Cyborg v5

Offline deniiz

« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:00:11 PM »
hey guys, the testcup will start on 16th of February, you will be ready to sign up soon.

Don't forget to change your PB_GUID to BATTLETRACKER ID on your gameaccounts centre.

Offline waNted

« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 12:52:02 PM »
Don't need to change the pb guid, when u do add, there's the battletracker id option now
they see me ROLLIN' they HATIN'

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager