Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: ERROR: UNATHORISED LOG-IN  (Read 11242 times)

Offline Clair3B3ar

• View Profile
Re: ERROR: UNATHORISED LOG-IN
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 02:21:54 AM »
OK it's just a bit weird is all.  None of the admins I have spoken to banned me it was a PB thing.  Checked the PB logs and Unauthorised login Kick.  Yet it let me play for a few hours yesterday morning, but come the afternoon.....boom....kicked again. 

Frustrated:(

Clair3B3ar

Jonnym

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 02:27:22 AM »
possibly your IP address keeps changing?
log out from assist then log back in again before you play, is a workaround.
or see if you need to fix your internet connection.

Jonnym

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 02:33:20 AM »
I will update the master server to log you out if your IP changes, at least then you will know and won't get a ban. you will just need to login again.

Offline Clair3B3ar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 02:41:50 AM »
Yeah, I have 2 connections, so 2 diff IP, but I have tried to log out log in etc but still no dice.....oh well thanks for the help anyway.

Clair3B3ar

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 02:47:01 AM »
I will update the master server to log you out if your IP changes, at least then you will know and won't get a ban. you will just need to login again.

Most Australian's have dynamic IP's but your IP address only changes if you reset your modem or after the lease expires which is usually many days.  99% sure this isn't the problem.  Between logigng into Assist and joining the server your IP isnt going to change.

I was there when clair got banned.  Seam's like an assist log in dropping out the sever then see's you as unauthorised and ban's.  Not sure if that makes sense as a scenario.  I got the admin to restart pb only and Clair got back in after that, not sure if that cleared the problem or something else did.

Could be a port or firewall?? 

I have experienced a few game crashes lately when on this server never had them before, but also havent played other servers lately so not sure if its related or not.  When you try to get back in you get the message you are already logged into the server.

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 02:48:25 AM »
Yeah, I have 2 connections, so 2 diff IP, but I have tried to log out log in etc but still no dice.....oh well thanks for the help anyway.

Clair3B3ar

Are you logged in on both at once or within a period of time of each other when this happened?

Jonnym

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 03:20:41 AM »
When you try to get back in you get the message you are already logged into the server.

Sounds like you crashed, when that happens your player does not get removed from the server and is left orphaned, you have to wait until the server realises this and kicks your player for something like no packet flow or ignoring querys.

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 03:31:02 AM »
Sounds like you crashed, when that happens your player does not get removed from the server and is left orphaned, you have to wait until the server realises this and kicks your player for something like no packet flow or ignoring querys.
I think I said that - it must be late over there..   That was describing what I have noticed. 

Clair did not crash.

Offline Clair3B3ar

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 03:43:08 AM »
Hey Cats,

I was on one connection and it wasn't playable so I left server, changed connection, restarted assist andcame on in....banned as you saw.  I tried 2 different playernames today on FDG server but I'm banned by IP as well it seems.

I can get in on my crappy wireless connection under another name but not on my main cable connection now..sux

Jonnym

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 03:48:30 AM »
Ok in the next version if Assist i will add more protection against this sort of thing happening.
BTW, those bans only last 24hours.

Offline Clair3B3ar

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 03:50:05 AM »
okie dokies...thanks for the input guys

Clair3B3ar

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 08:57:27 AM »
Hey Cats,

I was on one connection and it wasn't playable so I left server, changed connection, restarted assist andcame on in....banned as you saw.  I tried 2 different playernames today on FDG server but I'm banned by IP as well it seems.

I can get in on my crappy wireless connection under another name but not on my main cable connection now..sux

Can you change your IP by reseting your modem?

not sure if you can get an admin to restart pb if that fixes it. console command "admin pb_sv_restart"

Im not sure if the bans only ban by IP, I would have to look.. Johnny would know..

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 14:11:50 PM »
Can you change your IP by reseting your modem?

not sure if you can get an admin to restart pb if that fixes it. console command "admin pb_sv_restart"

Im not sure if the bans only ban by IP, I would have to look.. Johnny would know..

Do it the old style:

- open a prompt window;
- type "ipconfig /release" and press enter;
- switch off the modem, wait some time, then switch it back on;
- type "ipconfig /renew and press enter.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 18:12:30 PM »
Do it the old style:

- open a prompt window;
- type "ipconfig /release" and press enter;
- switch off the modem, wait some time, then switch it back on;
- type "ipconfig /renew and press enter.

I remember back in the day when we were noobs we thought this was such a 1337 way around a server ban but had no idea how it worked or what it did :D
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 18:18:31 PM »
I remember back in the day when we were noobs we thought this was such a 1337 way around a server ban but had no idea how it worked or what it did :D

Posted it in the only way it can meant to be - a prompt way to get a new IP. To answer Cat, this won't unban a player (which is banned by his AAO tracker ID by the very least).

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager