Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: eny ideas?  (Read 7527 times)

Offline voras

• View Profile
  • AA: voras
Re: eny ideas?
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 10:25:09 AM »
Always 30 normal. And 15 when smoke. Well when server free maybe it go up to 50:)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 16:54:00 PM »
No. Depending on which game we're talking about, you can play on laptops...I play aapg on a 2011 Samsung rf511 laptop (it had a beefy CPU, but everything else is average to scrappy, including the screen which is sort of poor). The real issue on laptops as always is how heat is dissipated, and whether or not the psu will properly cope to the load.

There are also some 3rd party tools that disable part of the rendering "features"(I think some used them in the past to deal with the early netbooks lack of power), so to speak, such as lighting or textures, but aside of the game looking crappy, tools such as that won't be allowed by Punkbuster.

But actually, even my old Asus netbook I had several years ago was nearly able to run AA2 somehow, so I bet you guys must be running on truly ancient hardware or either have a lot of bloatware running in the background aswell...
Most of this is true (I've personally run AA on a laptop with onboard graphics back in ~2008), however the crappy screen is most likely a benefit to the performance before anything else.

In any case, first thing to try (as has been stated) is to lower all your graphics settings to the lowest possible ones. It helps A LOT.

I didn't really look at the post mentioned, but I know some of the old performance tweaks could also be used to gain an advantage over other people so they might not be allowed with Assist. Most of them will probably just be CVARed (meaning you get kicked and are not able to play with the settings), but some of them might warrant further action (some settings have consequences not intended at first, but something that can be exploited). But again, I didn't look at the specific post.

Also, (and I mean no offense) if you're getting 15 fps on Bridge (on of the easiest maps on fps), your system must seriously be weak.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 01:44:18 AM »
No, that's not a solution. If he has got a fairly recent laptop (does he?), then AA should run without any problems, no matter what.

I struggled with low FPS, but that was a laptop from 10 years ago. Now, I have Lenovo Z50, Intel + Nvidia, I can't even get to run AA on Nvidia, but yet, I stopped to even think about aby FPS issues.

One can have a recent laptop that's still pretty awful. You can't just assume he has a decent (or even recent) laptop.

Although if the laptop is recent, the issue could also be graphics drivers. You could try updating them.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 02:02:14 AM »
I have 5 years old loptop. Yesterday from youtube i do some changes  and now i have 50 fps on hospi.. i will put link when come home if eny1 want

Offline Pipez0r

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 03:53:58 AM »
I played with laptop before with nice fps. Like 50 or 60. Cpu i3 ram 4gb and of course integrated gfx.

Many times fps can be made higher through lower graphics settings and even VACUUMing the laptops ventilation holes. With vacuumer holding and moving the vacuumer especially on the hole where the cpu fan is located at. I keep saying that most of laptop issues are due to high temperatures especially with aged laptops.

I kept my laptops in good condition with vacuuming and pressured air from bottle and they were nearly like new in gaming. Monthly vacuuming needed to keep it so good.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 06:59:31 AM »
Teddy, when I wrote a scrappy screen I didn't just meant the native resolution :p but the thing as a whole, most screen used in budget laptops have poor contrast, often poor or unbalanced brightness (too low or too high) and poor color quality (washed out colours or color balance that is way off).
I have 5 years old loptop. Yesterday from youtube i do some changes  and now i have 50 fps on hospi.. i will put link when come home if eny1 want
Would be great to have at least a hint of the laptop model, so we can lookup the specs?

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 09:40:29 AM »
Asus x53s. Win 7(64). 4 gb ram. And intel 3 (2.3hz)

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 09:49:31 AM »

2 of the videos who make me pc work better
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 09:52:06 AM by voras »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 11:26:25 AM »
Asus x53s. Win 7(64). 4 gb ram. And intel 3 (2.3hz)
By no means a power monster...but even the lowest spec'ed model from that series is surely way enough to run AA2 without issues, and if you were able to get some performance by using tips such as the ones from the videos you were probably running on a good load of bloatware, too.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 15:52:46 PM »
By no means a power monster...but even the lowest spec'ed model from that series is surely way enough to run AA2 without issues, and if you were able to get some performance by using tips such as the ones from the videos you were probably running on a good load of bloatware, too.
Not necessarily. He could just have been running on "power saver" mode...

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 16:02:13 PM »
Nah i run in full power settings:)

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2016, 16:04:51 PM »
Nah i run in full power settings:)
Well, then I guess Koden is correct...

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 11:37:57 AM »
Well, then I guess Koden is correct...
Between 2006 and 2010 I used to play aa2 and many other games on a laptop with the 2nd gen. Intel centrino t2400 @1.83 ghz + an ati x1800 mobile, it was powerful back in the day, but by today's standard even a proper basic notebook easily has more power. Of course budget laptops lack in 2 areas, screen quality and chassis build quality.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 11:41:16 AM by Koden »

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 14:05:42 PM »
Between 2006 and 2010 I used to play aa2 and many other games on a laptop with the 2nd gen. Intel centrino t2400 @1.83 ghz + an ati x1800 mobile, it was powerful back in the day, but by today's standard even a proper basic notebook easily has more power. Of course budget laptops lack in 2 areas, screen quality and chassis build quality.
From 2013 till some time this year I played on a laptop bought in 2008, with Intel Core2Duo P8700 and Nvdia 9650M GT (1GB dedicated)+4GB ram+5200rpm HDD and I still managed to whoop some asses :)
Plus, I've never had too much money so I've always only used budget laptops, the current one being this (and btw this one was never meant for gaming).

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 14:59:21 PM »
From 2013 till some time this year I played on a laptop bought in 2008, with Intel Core2Duo P8700 and Nvdia 9650M GT (1GB dedicated)+4GB ram+5200rpm HDD and I still managed to whoop some asses :)
Plus, I've never had too much money so I've always only used budget laptops, the current one being this (and btw this one was never meant for gaming).
The Nvidia 9x00 series was really good back then, I still have a desktop fanless version of a 9600gt.
The laptop from that link seems very decent for the price, you might even play a couple modern games on it (on the lowest settings), Intel has done several steps ahead in comparison to the past.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager