Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: eny ideas?  (Read 7523 times)

Offline voras

• View Profile
  • AA: voras
eny ideas?
« on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 03:24:48 AM »
Hey guys ! I am playing AA with loptop(win7) trying to get better fps. My fps sucks 35 in hospital.. when all smoked he down to 15.. Dowload razer game boot it maybe help a liitle better fps.. but maybe if I do in .ini files some changes my pc fps go a little up. Eny ideas what I can change there.? Ty for responding

Offline ronski

Re: eny ideas?
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 03:46:33 AM »
Not sure about ini tweaks, with quick google search I found these, shared in Battletracker forum in 2008, hopefully they helps:

http://battletracker.com/forum/america-s-army-2-x-forums/america-s-army-discussions/192598-the-best-fps-tweaks-for-aa/

How about background programs? Do you have other applications such as web browser, skype etc running while you play? Closing applications that are not in use might help as well

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 03:54:28 AM »
Oh man ty for th3 link. I will try to do that changes..
Yes I shut down all programs..  all who have loptops i heard have same problems. When i am 1 in server or we are 3,4 players i saw my fps better . But in full server it go down

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 04:09:15 AM »
Oh man ty for th3 link. I will try to do that changes..
Yes I shut down all programs..  all who have loptops i heard have same problems. When i am 1 in server or we are 3,4 players i saw my fps better . But in full server it go down
If you try those remember to take backup copy of your .ini file

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 04:16:48 AM »
yeah I do it just now  :cool:

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 04:26:01 AM »
Changing RenderDevice gave me CE, but other settings allowed me to have green fps ( with highest graphic settings and shitload of applications open in background ) in District as well, normally I have there about 30-40, now 50-60 :)

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 05:36:11 AM »
Well i copy seetting from that link and my fps go down lol. Fuking loptop

Offline ronski

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 05:44:04 AM »
Well i copy seetting from that link and my fps go down lol. Fuking loptop
I hope you didn't just replace all, some settings has changed. Also you need to pay attention to your videocard details & screen refresh rate in order to find best settings for you

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 06:01:18 AM »
Nah i just replace what he wriite . Now back to original setting. 

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 06:03:35 AM »
Laptop specs? Also a list of the processes you ran in the background could be useful (take a screen of the task manager). Typically most laptop from known brands (Acer, Asus, Hp, Samsung, you name it) come with loads and loads of bloatware installed that runs in the background and will slow down any system.

Changing RenderDevice gave me CE, but other settings allowed me to have green fps ( with highest graphic settings and shitload of applications open in background ) in District as well, normally I have there about 30-40, now 50-60 :)
I don't get it, people spend thousand of dollars on bitten apples? Id expect my apple to be pristine for that kind of money :D
« Last Edit: Monday, March 28, 2016, 06:05:45 AM by Koden »

Offline ronski

« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 06:09:09 AM »
I don't get it, people spend thousand of dollars on bitten apples? Id expect my apple to be pristine for that kind of money :D
you're just jealous :suck:  :cool:

Offline Ganja

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 07:17:30 AM »
You're always going to get low FPS on a laptop unless you're buying an expensive ass gaming laptop

Offline Kleiner Pisser

« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 07:50:33 AM »
Maybe changing the quality and resolution helps...

-greets,K.P.-

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 08:18:11 AM »
I dont want 90 fps but 50 would be cool. And when all smoked 50 would be cool hehe.. well yesterday i try very dark settings on bridge:D a little better but when i rush to the tover i need to stop and back my setting to normals for can see enyshit inside

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 28, 2016, 09:50:00 AM »
You're always going to get low FPS on a laptop unless you're buying an expensive ass gaming laptop
No. Depending on which game we're talking about, you can play on laptops...I play aapg on a 2011 Samsung rf511 laptop (it had a beefy CPU, but everything else is average to scrappy, including the screen which is sort of poor). The real issue on laptops as always is how heat is dissipated, and whether or not the psu will properly cope to the load.

There are also some 3rd party tools that disable part of the rendering "features"(I think some used them in the past to deal with the early netbooks lack of power), so to speak, such as lighting or textures, but aside of the game looking crappy, tools such as that won't be allowed by Punkbuster.

But actually, even my old Asus netbook I had several years ago was nearly able to run AA2 somehow, so I bet you guys must be running on truly ancient hardware or either have a lot of bloatware running in the background aswell...
« Last Edit: Monday, March 28, 2016, 10:02:29 AM by Koden »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager