Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Eliminate Honor Claims  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Eliminate Honor Claims
« on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 01:10:38 AM »
It seems pretty backwards to me that users have to post here to get their honor edited when the total points on their tracker (in most cases) shows proper honor. I think there's 2 ways to permanently eliminate honor claims:

1. PHP coding on Battletracker to update users' accounts by checking total points in their tracker account.
2. Assist could check, upon login, whether total points matches honor and raise it if need be. Or, there can be an option to "set honor to match total BT points" so people can update honor themselves.

Either method could use this scale:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7352483/Americas%20Army/Honor.png
To gain a rough idea of what the users account should be.

A chat I had with Skrewy about this:
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: points only work
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: if they had that tracker
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: through there entire AA time
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: if they reset it etc
Spanky: the majority of users would have their points reclaimed though
Spanky: honor i mean
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: then its-a no-a good-a
Spanky: since most users have the total poitns, it's just that their honor got reset
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: like I started my tracker @ honor 15
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: so my total points
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: might be lower then required for my honor
Spanky: but
Spanky: what's the difference
Spanky: 70 vs 72
Spanky: both are better than 15
Spanky: some users do lose honor points
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: yeah but people WILL winge
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: u know they will
Spanky: yea
Spanky: but my point is
Spanky: MOST accounts have a rough idea of honor through the total points
Spanky: right?
Major-Skrewupâ„¢: yuh

Just an idea to help reduce making users register on another forum and have someone key it in manually. Anything to make getting started via Assist easier.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Eliminate Honor Claims
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 01:21:54 AM »
Thats cool. And it people come in complaining about missing their 4 points of honor or w/e depending on when they made their tracker, they can do that too. In most cases, people seem to have made their BT accounts shortly after making their AA account (I did at least).

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 01:25:22 AM »
Thats cool. And it people come in complaining about missing their 4 points of honor or w/e depending on when they made their tracker, they can do that too. In most cases, people seem to have made their BT accounts shortly after making their AA account (I did at least).

Yea, people can still come in and dispute. Come with DRAAT screenshots or whatever. I'm just trying to think of a more automated way of dealing with the majority of claims.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 02:26:14 AM »
The idea is definatly a go, the way it's going now it's really time wasting as people rarely offer evidence.

Offline elementx+

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 04:33:29 AM »
i would loose 6-7 honors by doing so. i am 98 now but on tracker i have 1,1 m only(played untracker for a year or 2) and pretty sure there will be guys with 100 and only 100k points on tracker. i dont mind loosin my honor but yo could make the code to not decrease your honor but increase it.

Offline urban-ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 21, 2012, 04:50:00 AM »
good idea only drawback i can see is,  the players who have been on servers with a ridiculous points scale,  they would end up 110?

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 02:55:12 AM »
good idea only drawback i can see is,  the players who have been on servers with a ridiculous points scale,  they would end up 110?

Points based on Honor should only be for mp maps so this should not happen if done right.

Is there anyway to get your original account points or only trackers?  Would AA release it ?

It would have been easily to manipulate tracker honor with a high honor account say with 100H.  By then making a new account getting it tracked and then making another one ect.  You could then have multiple 100H tracker accounts with very little points..

Not sure if you could use your Tracker name and changes to then Manipulate multiple Assist accounts to get 100H.

Isnt it only 15 Honor accounts that have problems all the rest should show the current Honors or close to in there tracker or if not then they would have had this issue all along.

I think base it on there current Honor or if they have more points on there tracker then automatically increase the honor to match.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 23, 2012, 03:11:55 AM »
Yep. Battletracker shows people with 15 honor because they logged in with auth down. Default honor with no auth is 15. The tracker doesn't know better and recorded 15 honor.

AA probably deleted the account data for AA2 by now, or will not release it.

You can obtain honor from how many points the tracker account has, but it's only accurate if the account was tracked early. Thats why some people can have 100+ honor but have a small score.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager