Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Double Points in unplayed maps..  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Ronny123

Double Points in unplayed maps..
« on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 03:44:19 AM »
Hello everyone
Everyday,the same maps are being played,SF PIPELINE,BRIDGE,SF HOSPITAL AND sometimes urban..
thats boring
so i would like to suggest to do Double Points or X3 points for 1-2 weeks , everyday on a different unplayed map.
Day 1 : Collapsed Tunnel
Day 2 : HeadQuarters Raid
Day 3 : Insurgent Camp
Day 4 :River Basin
Day 5 : Sf Blizzard
Day 6 : SF DockSide
Day 7 : SF water Treatment
i think it will be a way to let people play thoose nice maps that are unplayed now..
and it can be as a birthday for xmas..
merry xmas everyone..

Offline phuNkiii.ops

Re: Double Points in unplayed maps..
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 04:09:50 AM »
The double points is nice but please get rid off the horrible season mod.. I just played UA yesterday and the map looks awfull in night, its hard to see anything cause of black uniforms even on close range.. Same with insurgent camp, the snow textures combined with the old terrain ones make it so hard to see enemy heads on hills.. And those maps having double points and still not being played kinda speaks for itself IMO... UA should have stayed a daylight map, idc about the christmas lights and snow but the night just ruins the map for me..

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 04:28:01 AM »
The double points is nice but please get rid off the horrible season mod.. I just played UA yesterday and the map looks awfull in night, its hard to see anything cause of black uniforms even on close range.. Same with insurgent camp, the snow textures combined with the old terrain ones make it so hard to see enemy heads on hills.. And those maps having double points and still not being played kinda speaks for itself IMO... UA should have stayed a daylight map, idc about the christmas lights and snow but the night just ruins the map for me..
If the night time bothers you so much, do you just not play any night maps? Or are you just complaining because it's different than what you're used to?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 05:16:10 AM »
Hello everyone
Everyday,the same maps are being played,SF PIPELINE,BRIDGE,SF HOSPITAL AND sometimes urban..
thats boring
so i would like to suggest to do Double Points or X3 points for 1-2 weeks , everyday on a different unplayed map.
Day 1 : Collapsed Tunnel
Day 2 : HeadQuarters Raid
Day 3 : Insurgent Camp
Day 4 :River Basin
Day 5 : Sf Blizzard
Day 6 : SF DockSide
Day 7 : SF water Treatment
i think it will be a way to let people play thoose nice maps that are unplayed now..
and it can be as a birthday for xmas..
merry xmas everyone..

HQ Raid had double points a couple of weeks ago.

You get double points on Insurgent Camp RIGHT NOW.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ronny123

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 07:45:45 AM »
the normal in insurgent camp is +10-20 points
so if u double it will be 40 or something like that and its still not much and will not bring people
thats why i asked for x3 , or x4 so points can be about 60-80 more than hospital and other played maps , i think its the way to make unplayed maps played..

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 08:35:21 AM »
imo Insurgent Camp and Urban Assault are being played enough - they are frequently used maps and there is nothing special about them except the holiday map alterations being a funny perk at the moment

Lord-of-War  :style:
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 21, 2014, 13:33:11 PM »
imo Insurgent Camp and Urban Assault are being played enough - they are frequently used maps and there is nothing special about them except the holiday map alterations being a funny perk at the moment

Lord-of-War  :style:
The only reason IC and UA have double points right now is to promote the winter theme. Otherwise the work that was put into the maps would have been for nothing.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 22, 2014, 05:59:58 AM »
The only reason IC and UA have double points right now is to promote the winter theme. Otherwise the work that was put into the maps would have been for nothing.
Pity that visibility on both maps is just screwed, especially on urban. I can't make my mind to use nv or not  :cool:
IC is way better, but it's very hard to spot an enemy on the hills when you're in the building. I don't know who did the maps but he should have checked whether the changes make gameplay worse or not. Some basics... ;)

But on the other hand I appreciate the christmas idea... the chrismas tree instead of guard tower and music on IC are just great, I like them a lot :D

By the way establishing double points on rarely played maps won't help much. There are just too many people that care for their stats, too many people that know just few maps, too many people leaving after got shot... That's the problem.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 24, 2014, 08:22:34 AM »
I would like to thanks all who made it possible. great maps with nice hats on the players :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager