Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Disappointment  (Read 7181 times)

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
Disappointment
« on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 16:53:07 PM »
Disappointment

So i started playing in September 2004 with a group of real life friends that invited me so i could make their site, a project called Portuguese Rangers, few months later was Admin of the Portuguese Community called AAOPortugal, ingress on Portuguese Warriors aka PTwars where i still have some good friends, even if they went to other games or stopped playing because how life goes... Was HTGN Admin, admin on a Anti Cheating entity that belonged to August (sorry but can't remember the name), private member at PsB, ACI, AON, PBbans and joined TWL AC by end when i was playing everyday the game at CAL, TWL, ClanBase, ESL. I had haters because of what i was doing at TWL, i remember we banned like 100 players in 2 weeks maybe (Jackmeup and Cipher <3), had people following me on servers, calling names, making youtube videos of me with my hi5 pictures, was kinda LoL but i was always thinking, "well they are just kids..." So i was never a hardcore player or nothing even remotely related with that, most of you shouldn't even remember me, but i tried to always respect everyone.
I stopped playing around middle 2008, when Windows 7 got out, the sound wasn't the same for me, i had several hours on every map, knew almost every map sound and all the sudden was like a new game, i had to relearn every sound map but honestly didn't had the patience, so i stopped playing. Yes i played with sound, no tweaks needed, but a different OS changed the game as i knew it before.

Now getting to the point.
A few guys that were working on 2.5 for a long time finally had the chance to step up when authentication went down, and so it was. I heard about the project but was really busy at work and only had the chance to try the game again around March. Got addicted again, will always be my favorite game, the one...
What we have today should be like 85% old players and really enjoyed this game, being the remaining new players. So if 85% are old players, that were the kids on servers a few years ago, some of them should be grow up now right?
WRONG!!!
I never seen the game like this... And that's why i'm truly disappointed...
Everyone calling names, and i'm not talking noob names, offensive ones.
People don't understand the team meaning, they only wanna frag, even if they need to kill the teammate next to him.
People using cheats because it's so cool to own people on a free outdated game...
Players that no one ever heard about playing for one week already calling them selfs top players.
People don't understand what a mistake is or line of fire. Sometimes we can misplace a flash, why everyone now had to just teamkill you because of that?
And so on, really, i'm tired of this crap, it's a game, ffs, wanna offend people? Dial a random number on your mobile and talk with that person, don't come to a server insulting people that are there to relax.
This was during a war:

Are this our best players? Always bragging, no modesty, no respect for others...

Ok, i had to say this, most of you won't even read this or will be like WTH is wrong with him or even who is that guy...
*sigh* AA won't ever be the same, not because of the game, but people of the players, of those kids now are grew up but are even worst, at least while they are connected to a server... Just remember, you could complain before, there was a whole team working for you guys, to conquer you into the game, but not anymore, there are only people doing this for free, still waiting to please you guys but everything you do is come here and still complain like you are the boss of anyone in here.

Change yourselfs if you don't want this game to die all over again...
 :verymad:
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

Re: Disappointment
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 16:56:50 PM »
Now you know 100% about that feeling.

Offline -[unR]BENDAWICH

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 17:09:07 PM »
I miss v1.2.1 =( Now those where the days. Was just fun with a tight knit community and no bs.

Offline -NicK.!

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 17:20:20 PM »
Sergio, i wouldn't worry about shakira, he is just a little baby.

With projects like this is it always easy to get lost in the negative side of things. There are always going to be players who try and ruin other peoples fun. What you need to do is stay focused on the positive side of things. Many members of this community are counting on you guys to keep the game we love running. Dont let some asshole like shakira ruin that, because if you do, you are letting him succeed in what is is trying to do.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 17:22:17 PM by -NicK.! »

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 17:24:31 PM »
Dont let some asshole like shakira ruin that,

Kick him. Stone him. Fuck... ekhm, sorry.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 17:33:20 PM »
sergio, you should be shot :P

no idea how to spell that... shakira is a****************************************************** anyway
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 17:38:00 PM »
I don't give a fuck about all the idiots. I'm just happy I can play my hospital, whenever i wish to ;-D.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 17:44:42 PM »
So i started playing in September 2004 with a group of real life friends that invited me so i could make their site, a project called Portuguese Rangers, few months later was Admin of the Portuguese Community called AAOPortugal, ingress on Portuguese Warriors aka PTwars where i still have some good friends, even if they went to other games or stopped playing because how life goes... Was HTGN Admin, admin on a Anti Cheating entity that belonged to August (sorry but can't remember the name), private member at PsB, ACI, AON, PBbans and joined TWL AC by end when i was playing everyday the game at CAL, TWL, ClanBase, ESL.

btw be praised for your service and engagement bro  ;)
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline JunK

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 17:47:14 PM »
Don't give a shit about other ppl...

You know that you doing a great job for the community and fans of AA2  :up:

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 17:56:32 PM »
Disappointment

Yes i played with sound, no tweaks needed, but a different OS changed the game as i knew it before.

Now getting to the point.
A few guys that were working on 2.5 for a long time finally had the chance to step up when authentication went down, and so it was. I heard about the project but was really busy at work and only had the chance to try the game again around March. Got addicted again, will always be my favorite game, the one...
What we have today should be like 85% old players and really enjoyed this game, being the remaining new players. So if 85% are old players, that were the kids on servers a few years ago, some of them should be grow up now right?
WRONG!!!
I never seen the game like this... And that's why i'm truly disappointed...
Everyone calling names, and i'm not talking noob names, offensive ones.
People don't understand the team meaning, they only wanna frag, even if they need to kill the teammate next to him.
People using cheats because it's so cool to own people on a free outdated game...
Players that no one ever heard about playing for one week already calling them selfs top players.
People don't understand what a mistake is or line of fire. Sometimes we can misplace a flash, why everyone now had to just teamkill you because of that?
And so on, really, i'm tired of this crap, it's a game, ffs, wanna offend people? Dial a random number on your mobile and talk with that person, don't come to a server insulting people that are there to relax.
This was during a war:

Are this our best players? Always bragging, no modesty, no respect for others...

Ok, i had to say this, most of you won't even read this or will be like WTH is wrong with him or even who is that guy...
*sigh* AA won't ever be the same, not because of the game, but people of the players, of those kids now are grew up but are even worst, at least while they are connected to a server... Just remember, you could complain before, there was a whole team working for you guys, to conquer you into the game, but not anymore, there are only people doing this for free, still waiting to please you guys but everything you do is come here and still complain like you are the boss of anyone in here.

Change yourselfs if you don't want this game to die all over again...
 :verymad:

I used to play AA2 on windows XP and later i switched to win7, sound wasn't a huge issue for me. I still play the game, but it gets harder to have fun when people show really no respect to each other. Honor level and higher fragrate seems to be the everyday goal, almost everyone plays on his own. Sometimes I still take certain slots only to be a medic and do my job, helping teammates.

What kills the game also happens to be the amount of glitch and exploits being used. The well known "C" slot for B, crouching to standing position "tweaks", maps glitches (or particular areas you're not supposed to reach), sound tweaking and even brightness/contrast tweaking...

summing up the overall behavior of the average player of this "community" and since there's no decent feedback nor a wide enough supporting in every kind of form (even partecipating to the forums that now honestly look awful, i don't want to come back every evening just to read another "possible cheater thread", "ban appeal",  "sound tweaks" thread and so on) i don't really think the game will live on its own for many months ahead, unless a lot of things improves (including players behavior and partecipating, which i hardly believe).

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 18:17:39 PM »
Sergio, you're too cool to worry about things like this :D

I've been on hidden on this scene since 2006, I know a few things about ignorant players. It's the ones with the loudest mouths that seem to cause the problems, but they are few and all they have are loud mouths :)

In addition, it's actually very nice to have met people like Sergio and company because they take their work seriously and are fun to work with. I would not have met them otherwise if the circumstances of AA had not fallen to the way it is today.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 18:19:46 PM by BlueBlaster »

Offline Gnar

• Nigga I'm Gangsta
    • View Profile
  • AA: -[Gnar]-
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 18:25:03 PM »
SERGIO I STILL LOVE YOU!!!!! <3

;D
-Scrubz

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 19:01:12 PM »
Spanky is spreading his viruses, watch out! rofl
like Pit said, I'm happy that I can play the game.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 19:03:36 PM »
elmanate people from makn new accounts and these kiddie cheats will go away and the real honest players can play

there are plenty of players out there with old accounts if they are really interested in playn this game

btw didn't know u where in charge of this pit23, thx for making my fun possiable again : )    i got tired of playn bf3 4 now

Jared

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, July 11, 2012, 19:05:47 PM »
i don't even pay attention to chat anymore  :D and only on comms with people i like and mute the rest.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager