Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Computer Virus Protection  (Read 3164 times)

Offline C0RRUPTER

• View Profile
Computer Virus Protection
« on: Thursday, January 01, 2015, 21:46:57 PM »
What is the best Computer Virus Protection No hackers and Viruses and more??  anyone knows?????

Offline Nick

• Administrator
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
Re: Computer Virus Protection
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 01, 2015, 21:59:50 PM »
I have used microsoft essentials for years and never had any issues at all.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, January 01, 2015, 22:16:19 PM »
Unplug your computer.

I got bashed on another forum for my thoughts but, what the hell, I'll do it here too :)

I wouldn't, don't and never recommend paying for any protection. Hackers & virus makers can get past it and at that point, you're wasting money. I stick with, and recommend, Microsoft Security Essentials (for constant protection) and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (for cleanup). I don't bother with firewalls aside from the built-in Windows one. I do sit behind a DD-WRT router and while I doubt it's super safe, it's probably better than a pre-setup Walmart router with default information.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 02, 2015, 03:42:26 AM »
I use ESET NOD32. Pay for it? LAWL

But I do agree with Spanky. If someone wants to access your computer real bad and they know what they're doing, they'll probably be able to do it regardless of which commercial antivirus/firewall you have.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline rmcdzk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 02, 2015, 04:14:28 AM »
Unplug your computer.
True.

@CORRUPTER
There's no single software that can guarantee you 100% protection. You have to learn which kind of sites you should avoid etc.
Personally I use NOD32 for real time protection + sygate firewall when I'm on windows xp. From time to time I do scan my computer with Malwarebytes and Spybot and this combination is ok for me for years. 

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 02, 2015, 04:30:56 AM »
As static protection goes, I can agree that MSE is a good option (free, developed by Microsoft), but it fails in real time protection. Second, except for MSE most of the free AV are open-source software, so everyone has access to its source code ...
I would recommended NIS (Norton Internet Security) - is not for free, but is well worth the money you spend on it. I'm using NIS for years and never had problem - you will be surprised how many internet sites are trying to hack in your PC.

How to get NIS for free:
- If you bought your PC / laptop with build-in NIS in it and you have Win7-8, then just reinstall your OS every 60 days.
- If not, install OS, drivers and all any software you want, configure for your needs and make a hard copy of OS partition.
- now you can install NIS and use it for free 60 days. Do not register on NIS home site.
- after 59 days, just restore your hard copy and install NIS again.

Above all: do not try to use illegal stuff (hacks, patch etc.) to bypass software registration - they are all infected by backdoor virus.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 02, 2015, 09:30:02 AM by NoBigDeal »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 02, 2015, 10:42:07 AM »
You pay for the software, not for exactly for protection.
NOD32 is the best and the fastest Anti-Virus software I've ever used.
My Personnal PC haven't any AV and from time to time I do check and theres no single virus :),  the best tool against malwares is the user.

I suggest you guys to try PSafe AV, Baidu AV, XP AV :P, also your Flash Player is outdated, install FlashPlayer.exe to update.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 02, 2015, 10:45:11 AM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline C0RRUPTER

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 04, 2015, 02:09:36 AM »
LOL you are funny Spanky.
I have used Microsoft Security Essentials it is not bad :D
I like to use Norton it is 100% lol
http://buy-static.norton.com/norton/ps/bb/1up_ns_us_en_largo_notw_brnf_ad.html?om_sem_cid=hho_sem_sy:us:pla:en:l|kw0000434822|45590120356|c

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 04, 2015, 04:15:24 AM »
LOL you are funny Spanky.
I have used Microsoft Security Essentials it is not bad :D
I like to use Norton it is 100% lol
http://buy-static.norton.com/norton/ps/bb/1up_ns_us_en_largo_notw_brnf_ad.html?om_sem_cid=hho_sem_sy:us:pla:en:l|kw0000434822|45590120356|c
I agree. Spanky is funny. Not because of something particular, but as a general person (or at least forum poster).

I've tried Norton and I personally found it somewhat intrucive and... heavy or something. In any case, I didn't like it. But that's just my personal opinion. Everyone's (apparantly) allowed to have their own.

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline C0RRUPTER

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 01:39:52 AM »
I agree. Spanky is funny. Not because of something particular, but as a general person (or at least forum poster).

I've tried Norton and I personally found it somewhat intrucive and... heavy or something. In any case, I didn't like it. But that's just my personal opinion. Everyone's (apparantly) allowed to have their own.
I think Norton is the best I think lol

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 06:13:48 AM »
i do have (payed) Norton Internet Security for years also.
now (2015) they changed its name to something else (only Norton Security 2015 i guess).

have a look at the "specials" which you do not need and therefore you can have it cheaper (no internet backup needed).

i am happy and "unhacked" with it.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 11:24:08 AM »
I've been using a cracked version of Avast for years, on all the Windows systems in the house and it does it's job more than fine.

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 11:48:08 AM »
I've been using trial NOD32 for years without any problems on multiple machines for years now.

Like has been said, getting attacked is a really rare occasion for a random person. I guess most things an antivirus should take care are the infected files that the user (or a program he uses) downloads. And I would bet most AV's deal with those good enough for the average user. So all in all it boils down to preferences.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 14:49:05 PM »
getting attacked is a really rare occasion for a random person.
You're sure about this? Or just maybe you have no idea about intrusion when it happen, simply because your AV is too weak ... Ask yourself: Why there is many people complaining about RT intrusions, meantime your PC stays clean - 'like a Boss'.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 06, 2015, 16:09:20 PM »
You're sure about this? Or just maybe you have no idea about intrusion when it happen, simply because your AV is too weak ... Ask yourself: Why there is many people complaining about RT intrusions, meantime your PC stays clean - 'like a Boss'.
What I meant was a deliberate attack on you by another person. Of course you can have bots and such lurking around and that's why you would want to have an AV.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager