Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: computer support  (Read 2883 times)

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
computer support
« on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 15:47:52 PM »
k updated to new computer specs below, problem I'm having bios only showing 32 gb of ram and only, I'm not to familiar with the ASUS 5 board, nothing like the bios in the rampage 3 board
bios a lot dam different then 3 board too

specs
Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Steel ATX Full Tower
ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition LGA 2011 Intel X79
Intel Core i7-4820K Ivy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.7GHz (Turbo 3.9GHz) LGA 2011, holding steady at 5.0 ghz
5  Delta FFB1212EH-F00 120mm Case cooler
2  Sunbeam 30W Rheosmart 3 Channel Smart Fan Controller
CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-1475M 1475W ATX 12V 2.3 & SSI EPS 12V 2.92 SLI
2  ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5
got a 3rd card but not installing it
CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i High Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 120mm

will be updating to the , just got to figure out how the hell i'm going to mount it in top
CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm

Offline Bart!

Re: computer support
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 16:02:39 PM »
I do not know what causes it, but I must say that it looks amazing :)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 16:06:28 PM »
but so many empty disc bays :D

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 16:09:26 PM »
I do not know what causes it, but I must say that it looks amazing :)

thx bud, but I really don't wanna fuck around until I'm able to resolve this problem, I know 64 is a overkill let alone 32gb, but when u get shit for free mise well take advantage it and get what u can, I haven't fired up assist or aapg yet wanna figure this shit out 1st

and memory only capping out at 1300 MHz when it should be at 1600

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 16:10:53 PM »
but so many empty disc bays :D

looking to get a digital bay for fan controller last 1 wasn't able to hold it fried the controllers, need something over 30 watts per channel for the fans I have

Offline CheeseyTron

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 17:01:01 PM »
Very nice rig Wick... :up:

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 17:08:33 PM »
How did you get 64GB of memory for free? If I got it for free, I'd sell it and get something better. 1600MHz is old news, so is DDR3 as a whole. With an Intel chip, I'd be looking at 2400MHz or higher. You could probably sell that kit and get a nice 16GB kit and run it at much higher clock. The problem with that much capacity is that it puts additional strain on the IMC and motherboard. Sure, maybe in theory they support 64GB but getting it stable and smooth is a whole other beast. That could be your whole problem. Maybe it only does 64GB at 1333MHz or maybe it needs a BIOS update. Get rid of it and get a good 16GB kit unless you like ram disks which are over-rated when fast SSD's are on the market.

As far as the fan controllers, I'd drop them too and do it all on the motherboard. I used to do the whole controller thing but it's much simpler and easier to just have the motherboard monitor temps and speeds for you. Using rheostats puts more heat into your case and wastes energy. If you really want a dedicated fan controller, find one that's PWM (pulse width modulation).

I also think that power supply is way overkill, probably 2x the wattage you actually need and because of that, the quality suffered. I'd sell that and get a nice Corsair AX1200i which is still overkill but is much better built and more efficient.

Aside from that, you could benefit from some serious cable management :)
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 18:25:08 PM »
How did you get 64GB of memory for free? If I got it for free, I'd sell it and get something better. 1600MHz is old news, so is DDR3 as a whole. With an Intel chip, I'd be looking at 2400MHz or higher. You could probably sell that kit and get a nice 16GB kit and run it at much higher clock. The problem with that much capacity is that it puts additional strain on the IMC and motherboard. Sure, maybe in theory they support 64GB but getting it stable and smooth is a whole other beast. That could be your whole problem. Maybe it only does 64GB at 1333MHz or maybe it needs a BIOS update. Get rid of it and get a good 16GB kit unless you like ram disks which are over-rated when fast SSD's are on the market.

As far as the fan controllers, I'd drop them too and do it all on the motherboard. I used to do the whole controller thing but it's much simpler and easier to just have the motherboard monitor temps and speeds for you. Using rheostats puts more heat into your case and wastes energy. If you really want a dedicated fan controller,
I also think that power supply is way overkill, probably 2x the wattage you actually need and because of find one that's PWM (pulse width modulation).
that, the quality suffered. I'd sell that and get a nice Corsair AX1200i which is still overkill but is much better built and more efficient.

Aside from that, you could benefit from some serious cable management :)

only thing I paid for is the the case and processor and corsair h80i,
did the install on spare time, I know it looks sloppy just wanted to get it done
far as power supply was intending to hook up all 3 cards but decided not to
ram I heard too many problems with anything over 1600 and the timing I like on these never had problem with 1600, had the 1800 but went back to 1600

find one that's PWM (pulse width modulation, where at?? drop me a link to look at em

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 18:30:23 PM »
There's no problem with higher memory speed. I've installed DDR3 2400MHz 8 and 16GB kits into lower-end Intel rigs and they benefit greatly from the speed. Especially using a Samsung SSD with RAPID mode enabled. Smokin fast. I've never had to bump up IMC voltage or RAM voltage, just using stock timings & voltages, everything works. We're talking i3's and i5's too. The beefier Intel chips should easily handle high end DDR3 memory.

As for the PWM fan controllers, I don't know of any brands. It's been years since I looked at that stuff. These days, motherboards do a great job and come with oodles of fan plugins. If you don't have enough, get a splitter. This way you can monitor fan speed as well and set up.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, October 19, 2014, 19:17:31 PM »
thx for the info spanky

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 20, 2014, 11:00:28 AM »

specs
Antec Twelve Hundred V3 Black Steel ATX Full Tower
ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition LGA 2011 Intel X79
Intel Core i7-4820K Ivy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.7GHz (Turbo 3.9GHz) LGA 2011, holding steady at 5.0 ghz
5  Delta FFB1212EH-F00 120mm Case cooler
2  Sunbeam 30W Rheosmart 3 Channel Smart Fan Controller
CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-1475M 1475W ATX 12V 2.3 & SSI EPS 12V 2.92 SLI
2  ASUS GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 780 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5
got a 3rd card but not installing it
CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i High Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 120mm

:3 i volunteer to adopt the 3rd card you don't need xD .

Might be interesting to see how that psu copes with an intense load (which i guess requires something even more power thirsty of these cards!).

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 21, 2014, 19:28:34 PM »
:3 i volunteer to adopt the 3rd card you don't need xD .

Might be interesting to see how that psu copes with an intense load (which i guess requires something even more power thirsty of these cards!).

rolled it back to 4.0 not that i had any promblems at 5.0, but like to break it before i go to 5.0
far as 3rd card your out of luck sold it on craigslist for $415.00, ebay sucks too much fees

didn't know u can lock your own topic, love it : )

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager