Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Competition? Ladders, leagues?  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
  • AA: Dav3
Competition? Ladders, leagues?
« on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 14:17:59 PM »
Are there any?

Anymore leagues like twl or anything? If so what are they, and what ones are most popular / active?

JonnyM

Re: Competition? Ladders, leagues?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 14:21:01 PM »
Got an e-mail from this guy the other day, I really need someone to organise it..

Jon:

I may have talked to you before.  My name is Ronald (Ron) Highley and I am the owner of World Wide Internet Gaming LLC  (WWIG).  We have esport competition sites. You can take a look at all of them by going to our porthole site mywwig.com

I would like to do a small single elimination tournament each week for AA 25.  We will be giving out graphic trophies and doing it for fun.  We will supply all the servers to accommodate the teams.  I would like to have a message on the AA assist to introduce the tournament.  I used to run AA tournament under Tournament by ECK back in the day.

Please let me know your thoughts and how we can put something up on the aa assist.

Regards,
Ron
Ronald Highley
Owner WWIG

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 14:23:59 PM »
I'm always in for some little competitions, and help if needed. Did you answer him already?

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 14:24:50 PM »
Def interested in this too.

JonnyM

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 14:37:56 PM »
I just said I was interested and would have one of my Admins get in touch.
So who's up for the job?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 14:56:37 PM »
I'd appreciate it if you could give me his email or something, so I can discuss some things and see what he has in mind ...

JonnyM

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:10:49 PM »
Pm me your email and I will forward it to you.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:15:14 PM »

Offline God

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 15:22:18 PM »
if you guys need servers for the cup let me know and i will glad to help you out. just pm if you want.

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 16:00:26 PM »
Not a fan of the "my wigg" or w.e its called. If I recall they are based on console and other games.

Also, he is really only wanting to "help" for advertisement. Boost his "company".

And single elimination each week? Not a good idea. We should have somewhere to play ongoing ladders, work up a rank and what not. Where you can scheduled a few dates in case some dont work. To assume we will have a large amount of teams available ALL weekend and diff times....mhm.

And maybe a monthly or quarterly or yearly tournament for bragging rights. Invite only for the top 10 clans or w.e

2v2, 4v4, 5 or 6 on 6 as well.

And only on servers they provide? Blah. If they are GOOD servers in ideal central locations and the majority get good ping, sure, if not PASS.

There should also be divisions between euro and NA. Its just not fair playing on a server half way across the world getting 130+ ping, for either side. Unless you specifically signup to play in a diff one.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 18:07:40 PM by Dav3 »

Offline Bart!

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 17:58:22 PM »
What Dav3 said, imo don't do it via them.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 18:03:51 PM »
I sent him a mail, waiting for his reply, see what we can get, but I'll transfer your points, so don't be shy and tell me what you guys think about this. Maybe the can help with the current cup?

Offline Dav3

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, August 07, 2013, 18:08:07 PM »
And maybe a monthly or quarterly or yearly tournament for bragging rights. Invite only for the top 10 clans or w.e

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager