Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Community  (Read 25639 times)

Offline zoxee

Re: Community
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 04:49:09 AM »
there is a fact you can not ignore (and i try to give an example - i hope you will understand it because my english isn't that good):

example 1: a car seller like ford with its new mustangs are telling the consumer after they did buy one of it, that they do have to take all hichhikers with them when one is standing there.

example 2: your landlord are telling you - after you did sign the contract for the rent - that you can not take black ladies with you at your flat, nor a boy at all.

so this is the fact that you can not change something like you wish - just because you think it has to. the one who did buy a mustang will bring it back as soon as possible and the landlord would have an empty flat.

what i would like to say is that i agree that some rules are necessary - everywhere. but to much of them will bring the contrary allways. and i do repeat myself: if you really cut back the admin rights of the server owners, it would bring more troubles then positive effects. there i am sure.

and from an other point of view: as the landlord i can make rules as i like. when one is signing my contract and he is willing to follow it, i can say you should not take boys or black ladies at your flat. so can server owners do what they like to do because YOU decided to join their servers with its good or its bad things. and because he is responsible for whatever he is standing for, he can do what he likes to do.

this is the reality all over the world - and its good like it is, because YOU have to adapt the practise of it when you are a guest somewhere, not the hosts.

Server admins are part of a community that needs organization and rules.
Many countries pay millions to apply to host the olympic games for example,
but once they are nominated, they have to organize the games according to
strict IOC rules or they get penalized.

The same applies here.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 04:52:15 AM »
yes, you are right.
and the rules for aa2 are not done by the IOC, they are done by the America's Army - and they are good, simple and enough at all.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 05:14:09 AM »
The game is dying merlin, stop your noobish freedom fight pls
and compromise if you really love this game.
Once it's afloat again, you will get your mighty powers again..
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 05:27:08 AM »
i dont care about my "power". i can play on almost every server, i dont have problems with other server owners.
but i do care about restrictions at all. hope you understand that.

and as you can see i do not fight anymore, i just do say my point of view. as often as necessary.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 05:40:53 AM »
but when a player get banned from more than 2-3 servers from different owners, there must be a understandable reason. then i would not search for a restriction of admin power, then i would search by myself, right? :)
In most cases I agree with you, I only disagree with banning people because they appear to be hacking, but when some people are just a pain because of their inability to be social, then they should look at themselves only.

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 12:59:53 PM »
In most cases I agree with you, I only disagree with banning people because they appear to be hacking, but when some people are just a pain because of their inability to be social, then they should look at themselves only.

Or them banning people for bugs in the game, or muting players pretty much little kids with a bit a power goes to there little brain

Offline zibi

« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 16:27:48 PM »

true

Offline natoorrussia

« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, May 07, 2014, 18:22:22 PM »
Or them banning people for bugs in the game

Please.

You don't get banned because bugs exist, but because you exploit them (in your case it's the roof/escbld bug in hosp).

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 01:02:18 AM »
Please.

You don't get banned because bugs exist, but because you exploit them (in your case it's the roof/escbld bug in hosp).

I've yet to see one person who knows how to replicate this bug.

I believe it's just a bug with the game. It's not specific to Hospital. I've seen players appear (i.e be invisibe before this) on rooftops on other maps as well.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Alex

« Reply #159 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 02:34:11 AM »

I believe it's just a bug with the game. It's not specific to Hospital. I've seen players appear (i.e be invisibe before this) on rooftops on other maps as well.
You are indeed correct. The "bug" usually occurs when the player is prone in front of a small ledge. The reason being is that in AA you essentially shoot from the very top of your head. There is a very small window where the player can still see over the small ledge while the other player cannot see him at all. This can be replicated in multiple other maps besides Hospital, Urban Assault is also a fairly known one.
It's technically not a bug at all, just how the game works. A flaw in game design is a better term for it.

Offline natoorrussia

« Reply #160 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 13:29:06 PM »

By "replicate" you mean "use it"? If yes, you must be kidding me. There are a few smartasses who exploit it on a daily basis. E.g. Wickid is one of them.

I've watched them many times with ESP on, so I know what I'm talking about.

BTW, the best thing is when you hit them at the exploit point, they instantly start raging, because _they_ _knew_ they were invisible, so how someone dared to hit them. Hehe.

Of course it's a game bug, that's what are we talking about. And you are right, it's not specific to hospital. It's not even specific to roofs. It occurs at corners (west wing entry in hosp is one example). Not all corners, I don't know the exact condition (maybe mappers like Spanky/Eliz/... can tell what is specific at those points).

You are indeed correct. The "bug" usually occurs when the player is prone in front of a small ledge. The reason being is that in AA you essentially shoot from the very top of your head. There is a very small window where the player can still see over the small ledge while the other player cannot see him at all. This can be replicated in multiple other maps besides Hospital, Urban Assault is also a fairly known one.

As I wrote, I believe it's not about ledges but corners. At WW roof it seems to happen not because of the ledge, but because of the vent box.
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 13:33:41 PM by natoorrussia »

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 13:48:13 PM »
Solution to problem: boycott the map hospital, or forceclass away all SF maps to normal M16 and let the new players get the feel of the game, and not get shot by 12 people on the opposing team 203 spamming or sitting crouched/prone zooming on 1 spot for 6 minutes. Hospital has always been a popular map, and is the main reason people don't play other maps, hence letting the new players, if there even are any at this point. Play more fucking maps.

Flame me.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 13:52:08 PM »
Solution to problem: boycott the map hospital, or forceclass away all SF maps to normal M16 and let the new players get the feel of the game, and not get shot by 12 people on the opposing team 203 spamming or sitting crouched/prone zooming on 1 spot for 6 minutes. Hospital has always been a popular map, and is the main reason people don't play other maps, hence letting the new players, if there even are any at this point. Play more fucking maps.

Flame me.
Changing the weapon class is an idea I support. Not only for Hospital. If all maps would get another look at the weapon classes, I think there's a lot to gain there, as I mentioned before.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #163 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 14:16:23 PM »

Flame me.

I tend to think beginners prefer to play with SF, seems pretty logical to me. It is a fact M16 require more "skills", that's why there is more chance beginners will get raped on a long/short distance fight with M16 because they can't really see the enemy or because they don't really know how to aim with it. Give them an SF and they got a big scope with even a grenade launcher, wauw.

Changing weapons won't attract players imo, but it could be fun indeed

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: Thursday, May 08, 2014, 14:19:59 PM »
I tend to think beginners prefer to play with SF, seems pretty logical to me. It is a fact M16 require more "skills", that's why there is more chance beginners will get raped on a long/short distance fight with M16 because they can't really see the enemy or because they don't really know how to aim with it. Give them an SF and they got a big scope with even a grenade launcher, wauw.

Changing weapons won't attract players imo, but it could be fun indeed
Goes both ways, a beginner which has no understanding on how the game works has a better chance against someone using a m16, which is harder to aim with than they would being put up against an experienced player with an SF gun, which takes 0 skill to handle.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager