Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Community  (Read 25638 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Community
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 08:11:36 AM »
the rotation maps are also a part of aa4pg, that's correct. and as you can see, players do leave when changing maps. so it is.

you can see some statistics about monoculture - map playing like mine. 10 different maps in 4 days isn't monoculture right? and I did not really played with myself :D

so we are on the good way to have more maps playable, this is for sure. and I am glad to see this.

Offline zoxee

« Reply #91 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 08:48:46 AM »
the fuck are you talking about merlin, seriously get of the meds.

so why should we change a game philosophy done by the game developer?

Because if not it's gonna die you moron.
You are able to assess the situation as well as we do, the game attendance is obviously
catastrophic and you talk about sticking to "big principles" and "philosophy"...
Open your eyes and stop talkin shit please, my headache pills are running out.

But forcing people to play other maps against their will is a no-go for me.

If from tomorrow on you list only servers running a special map and the next
day the same with an other map ist not forcing people, it's just leaving them less
choice. But you know well what happened in older times as auth went down or
holiday time came . People played any shit available cause they were addicted.
That's the only way to make people play other maps imo.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #92 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 10:02:52 AM »
I didn't even have inspiration to read all these 7 pages until i saw some good ideas from zoxee.

There are people who agree and disagree. People with big picture and people that just don't understand the real situation

I had a grin on my face, because i know that the discussions never succeed, its never done and it always comes up as a pointless approach. We all know that this won't happen not until eliz and most of admins agree with this.

The reason why this game is dying because of the maps played, the behaviour of the admins, the unlimited servers that never being played. I agree and thankful to admins giving me another chance to play but I also agree that hacking and cheating isn't a major problem, it never was. The new client, the new major updates never brought a lot of players, it did but not permanently. Me and spanky used to see player base grow to almost 200 players when the new client came out, over even but as a days went and the players went down.

There are only 2 options i see available.

1. Force people to play different maps. Delete and remove servers and leave 20 official servers.
2. Lets it stay as it is, lets try to ''encourage'' them as we always try to do and see the game die.

''It's so pff, not here to hurt anyone but when we talk about encourage others to play other maps its just not working, have you guys not noticed that yet? we tried to encourage them for years and all we get is lose a lose situation.''

Its true, when you banned on popular server where the most players play its so sad. For a player it leaves one option as to leave the game.

When i was on TS, guys spoke to me as a good ideas i made in the first post, they wondered where the mods gone, there is no more fun left, the situation is critical here, its always been here.

Situation is clear, you approach and succeed or you leave all this as it is and see the game die. Its sad that people dont want changes, they just dont see a bigger picture, they dont understand all the situation. Its so pff, thats why my inspiration and battle to makes changes flies away.

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #93 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 10:25:52 AM »
One of the best times I had on AA2 was at the end when respawn was on most maps. That was good. But you need to let ppl know it still available. I see a few ppl coming in latley that are coming back. I think there is still a large potential for the game. BF3/4 COD3/4 are all crap and there dying off again. AA2 lives forever.
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 12:29:28 PM »
Don't be naive guys, no matter what admins change the amont of players won't increase. As someone said previously you can't impose maps that players don't want to play, so if you ask me i would say to leave things as they are, let the few players left have fun playing maps they like.

As for Pit, it's actually funny he talking about server admins abuse when he deliberately abused his status of Assist admin to ban players without proof just because he though/guessed/belived they were hacking.

The number and significance of those i went after this way, far more outweighs the innocents that got hit by that.

You really don't have any clue about the damage you caused, do you? Doing one thing right don't compensate the shit you pulled to make it.

Offline Bart!

« Reply #95 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 16:54:26 PM »
Guys, please stop the personal attacks here okay?

As far as I've read the suggestions, I must say personally I do agree on what Saltuarius posted with respect to map rotations, but I am still against forcing people on different servers. I do think enabling map rotation possibilities would never hurt.

I do not know though how easy it would be to implement map rotation possibilities for the server admins. I am not involved in coding the game or anything in any way, all I am doing is taking care of anti cheat logs and giving my opinion on stuff. This is why I can't speak about whether it is definitely possible or not.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, May 04, 2014, 18:48:05 PM »
the rotation maps are also a part of aa4pg, that's correct. and as you can see, players do leave when changing maps. so it is.

you can see some statistics about monoculture - map playing like mine. 10 different maps in 4 days isn't monoculture right? and I did not really played with myself :D

Not sure which AAPG servers you play on Merlin, but i don't see so many players leaving when the server switches to another map. Also because the default setting is for a map rotation, and until a few months ago the default match set was made of 9 rounds, so people were used to play different maps in a row because it was obvious to do so, most matches used to last not more than 15-20 mins by average, so it's not like it makes a huge difference (now the default match set is made of 15 but the idea is still valid). There are a few clan servers running with no map rotation, not so many overall tho.

Offline natoorrussia

« Reply #97 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 17:05:18 PM »
Here is a recent shoutbox entry:

"-wA'tNc.troy- 1D [ASSIST]
look i want play on ua, i cant... and its the only one server with ppls online :/ i wont play bridge or hospital !"

It is a _PERFECT_ example of what I was talking about. Assuming this dude hasn't made something gross, he just has been practically eliminated from AA, by a single server admin.

How can you not recognize that this is a serious issue nowadays? Let me repeat: LOCAL ban works like GLOBAL ban, in an AA we have today (handful of active servers, and most of players used to 1 maps).

As for Pit [...] You really don't have any clue about the damage you caused, do you? Doing one thing right don't compensate the shit you pulled to make it.

Unlike you, I know exactly what I did. If you have any concrete examples, please post it. I will just note, that the playerbase did not drop at all during my "damage time"...

Offline zoxee

« Reply #98 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 18:42:10 PM »
I will just note, that the playerbase did not drop at all during my "damage time"...

True.
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #99 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 19:49:58 PM »
How can you not recognize that this is a serious issue nowadays? Let me repeat: LOCAL ban works like GLOBAL ban, in an AA we have today (handful of active servers, and most of players used to 1 maps).

I actually agree with this. It's the reason why I can't play BF2 and BFBC2 anymore. Too much trollololol =\

AA is even worse since the playerbase is smaller. There should be a section of forum where admins of servers are allowed to provide reasonable proof for a ban and if there really is cause for it, it should be a global ban anyway.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #100 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 20:31:04 PM »
I actually agree with this. It's the reason why I can't play BF2 and BFBC2 anymore. Too much trollololol =\

AA is even worse since the playerbase is smaller. There should be a section of forum where admins of servers are allowed to provide reasonable proof for a ban and if there really is cause for it, it should be a global ban anyway.
That's a bad idea. What about kicks and bans for violating certain rules that are not universal on all servers? Like Hospital 203 spam? A global ban would be a bit ridiculous.
Bad server admins may be a problem, but taking all of the power away from them and giving it to us is not a good solution.

Offline natoorrussia

« Reply #101 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 20:41:53 PM »
I actually agree with this. [...]

The dummiest of assist admins finally understood. Now it will be downhill. ;-D

That's a bad idea. What about kicks and bans for violating certain rules that are not universal on all servers? Like Hospital 203 spam? A global ban would be a bit ridiculous.
Bad server admins may be a problem, but taking all of the power away from them and giving it to us is not a good solution.

You are correct, the solution is not easy, and the radical path is definitely not the good one (I already explained that full centralization is _not_ the way to go).

On the other hand: there aren't that many map-specific rules out there, are they? I'm hosp expert (although I started on Sandstorm, the best map eva :-P), so I dunno.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #102 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 20:44:34 PM »

Then you find a way to play, solving the issue or just move on.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline natoorrussia

« Reply #103 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 20:50:08 PM »

You are correct, the solution is not easy, and the radical path is definitely not the good one (I already explained that full centralization is _not_ the way to go).

After an additional minute of thinking, here is the solution I propose. It is simple and solves the most important aspect (server admins having too much power):

Allow server admins only to give temporary bans (e.g. max. 2-weeks). Permanent bans may be given only by assist admins (after appropriate proof is given, etc., using standard complain path).

Of course it's not perfect, but I think it would be quite good first step.

Offline Alex

« Reply #104 on: Monday, May 05, 2014, 20:58:32 PM »
After an additional minute of thinking, here is the solution I propose. It is simple and solves the most important aspect (server admins having too much power):

Allow server admins only to give temporary bans (e.g. max. 2-weeks). Permanent bans may be given only by assist admins (after appropriate proof is given, etc., using standard complain path).

Of course it's not perfect, but I think it would be quite good first step.

Not a bad idea, but the problem I see arising is how exactly will we know how long a server admin has banned a player for? We can't actually prevent them from permanently banning players(at least not that I know of)  so we'd have to trust server admins to follow the rules, and not everybody visits AAO25 either.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager