Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: cant join server  (Read 5834 times)

Offline adidas12

cant join server
« on: Monday, March 10, 2014, 13:21:21 PM »
hey admin, i made a server and i opened the ports when i join it it say no record of this game server on the assist master server ,cannot authorise please try joining a different server
what must i do ,this server is mine,
help me admin
thanx

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: cant join server
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 06:17:23 AM »
open all needed ports (see other threads about that) and use the server manager. do not install server manager and assist in the same folder. try again.
good luck

Offline -{GcC}-Bockmist

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 10:29:32 AM »
i had the same issue.
whats the name of your server? - so I can try to join
whats the name of your router modell?
Fight or join (only german or siwss german speaking) us:

[email protected]

Offline adidas12

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 13:31:19 PM »
my server name is 123456 mu rouer dlink dsl

Offline -{GcC}-Bockmist

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 13:42:13 PM »
I cant see the server. is he still online?
dlink dsl is only a product family - do you have the real product name (like D-LINK DSL-2640B)?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 13:43:55 PM by -{GcC}-Bockmist »

[email protected]

Offline adidas12

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 14:32:28 PM »
its online
my roter is dsl 2652-u
i haev opened the ports adn my freind and all players can join the server but i cant help me plz

Offline -{GcC}-Bockmist

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 15:12:55 PM »
i dont find something about your router, but it seems that your router doesnt support active natloopback. Look for this settings and google about it. If there is no possibility to turn this feature on, you have to look for a device which support this. Maybe other users know more about this router.

[email protected]

Offline adidas12

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 15:39:12 PM »
sorry my server is dsl-2640u not 2650u try it and tell me what u find

Offline -{GcC}-Bockmist

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, March 12, 2014, 16:26:41 PM »
i dont find something in the first few hits. Google yourself for this. if its not supportet, look for another router or maybe your router hardware supports other router Software (par example openwrt).
good luck

[email protected]

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 08:54:45 AM »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 08:59:09 AM »
go applications rules and set new rule like
aa2-2716

incoming ports - start UDP 2716 end: UDP 2718
outgoing ports - start UDP 2716 end: UDP 2718

change/apply

be sure your server is running on ports 2716-2718 (see ini.file or server manager for that)

Offline adidas12

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 12:48:13 PM »
i cant join i run the server with port 2716 -2718 and i cant join help plz :(

Offline -{GcC}-Dinouso

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 13, 2014, 16:44:39 PM »
Your problem is not the port forwarding. Because your mates can connect and play on your Server your port forwarding seems fine.

Like Bockmist said before: Your problem is that you want to connect your server on your own WAN IP, given by your ISP (Provider) but you need to ensure that you connect to your internal IP of the server because your gameserver is in the same network as your computer.

When you try to join your server you connect to, lets say 212.212.212.212. Your router (Dlink dsl-2640-u) receives those packages and doesn?t know what to do with them because they are sent to his own WAN IP on the LAN interface and he can?t route them. So he will drop them.

To solve this you need to enable NAT Loopback mode or do a reverse NAT in your NAT configuration. Some Routers do this NAT Loopback themselves, some have a switch to enable it and others need a separate configured NAT with the reverse configuration from the NAT you configured to forward your gameserver to the wan.

Now the router receives the packets with destination 212.212.212.212 and translates them to the internal ip of your server (e.g. 192.168.1.100). With this translation the router knows now where to send your packets and you can connect to your gameserver.

This behavior is a problem in every network with servers behind NATs. This also happens if you set up a webserver, which is located behind a NAT in your network.

It seems that your router does not support NAT Loopback. So you have to buy an other one.
In the following link are some routers listed who support NAT Loopback:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/NAT_Loopback_Routers

It is also possible to add a firewall (like Zyxell USG or Cisco ASA) after your Router. These firewalls support NAT Loopback.

More about NAT and NAT Loopback on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation#SNAT

I hope this Information will help you and all others who have the same problems.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 14, 2014, 04:47:13 AM »
did you apply the rule i did write above?

Offline adidas12

« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 14, 2014, 09:08:26 AM »
on the firewall or in the router

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager