Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: ban list  (Read 3838 times)

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
Re: ban list
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 00:15:02 AM »
How about a built in feature inside assist that checks your graphic cards id. So if you ban him you can ban his graphic card id and he cannot login on the computer running with the same graphic card. If that is even possible. Just thinking out loud...
I'm pretty sure they already ban by HW ID, or am I wrong?

I know that once they're banned they can't play on the same PC with other accounts right away (unless they do certain changes to it).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 00:32:49 AM »
I'm pretty sure they already ban by HW ID, or am I wrong?

Yup. Assist makes a unique hardware ID but it's not overly difficult to bypass it.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 04:59:01 AM »
yes. it always the same. if you know how, it's easy :D

Offline pit-23

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 05:32:21 AM »
The ban list used to be public but when Pit took over he made it private for some stupid reason.

Ya, he prolly made it so that he could ban innocent players without anyone noticing. He was stupid and evil, but hopefully he is gone.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 07:08:29 AM »
Ya, he prolly made it so that he could ban innocent players without anyone noticing. He was stupid and evil, but hopefully he is gone.
Oh you can surely bet he is still lurking in the shadows.   :D
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 12:55:40 PM »
I think the list became private early last year, a few other reports lists/alerts reports became private but only a few people around here (and the players triggering alerts or whatnot) would have been interested, so it become private for a reason...

Silly 3rd person talking :P

Offline Alex

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, March 06, 2013, 00:56:26 AM »
I wouldn't put it like that but you're probably correct about why the banlist was made private. Us admins at the time never got an explanation (at least not that I remember) as to why it was done. All it did was add an extra annoyance to checking the alerts. Although at that point I pretty much gave up on the game.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager