Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Auth System Sucks  (Read 5038 times)

Offline tcsgenphoenix

Auth System Sucks
« on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 06:31:25 AM »
okay, so the auth system really sucks... everytime i try to login now, I get this:

This happens EVERY time... It will not allow me to login anymore. Are you telling me I've been banned from playing the game now? WTF?!?!

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

Re: Auth System Sucks
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 06:32:34 AM »
Don't cut your veins. Authorization is down.

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 06:52:23 AM »
Authorization was up when this problem started. This started happening at 12:00 AM Eastern Standard Time. It worked for all of about an hour, then now I can't login at all. And if Auth is down, why exactly is my server still online? It's not running for no auth, it states right now that Auth is up. But I STILL cannot login. Same error. Logged in somewhere else, and this is the only computer I have ever used assist from, not counting my server. But I never logged in there.

Offline Killjoy

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 06:53:42 AM »
Auth is very sucky atm.  :down:

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 06:55:29 AM »
That's not to mention, according to the top of this page, it states that auth is online... Someone can't do their job right. Auth is always sucky when you put it on a crappy half-assed server that ain't worth the 3 pennies in my pocket. Hell, even my VPS runs better than this auth server.

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 06:58:12 AM »
Well at least it was online a few minutes ago when I typed that message. This is lame... Y'all need a team of people watching the auth full time if you're going to have this many problems. Y'all had this running long enough... Ain't it time to get rid of this "little" "sucky" bug you got where your auth system can't stay online? Seriously... Somethings gotta give for those of us who are actually serious about this game.

Offline Orange

« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:00:06 AM »
i hate that to=)

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:03:48 AM »
yeah for real. After I have already invested nearly $200 a month in server hosting and website hosting to get back into this great game, I get screwed in the ass by some people who think they're smart enough to setup something, only to end in EPIC failure. Go freaking figure...

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:08:49 AM »
Riddle me this:

If auth was or is down, how is it that my screen says Auth is UP, but I STILL AM LOGGED IN ELSEWHERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Can you guys figure out how to use a computer? For real this is completely retarded

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:15:50 AM »
Other that creating a support ticket at the Hosting service, there is not much "management" can do about the immediate problems.

Sure, a decision about moving the auth system to another Hosting service would be possible, but the move would take a few days at best.

Let the Hosting Provider fix the problem on their end.

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:23:29 AM »
A few days at best? That'd be a miracle. Sorry ELiZ, but right now this whole venture into making AA 2.5 come back to life has turned into an EPIC failure. I'm running an AA server, a runescape private server, and 4 other servers (one with its own AUTH system running at the same time) All at the same time.

My VPS runs on 50 Gigs of space, 512 MB ram, and a 1.6 ghz processor, and yet the lag on all of them rarely hits over 75. If I can pull this off, surely it ain't that hard. After all, I am just a redneck from Tennessee. So if a Redneck from Tennessee can pull it off to run all that on a small server, surely of all people the 25Assist teams could figure it out. Or are they all AWOL? Probably...

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:28:12 AM »
Yes support tickets are helpful. But if the guys that purchased the server had half a mind to do it right, they would've gone for a FULLY managed DEDICATED server, NOT A NON-DEDICATED SELF-MANAGED server. That is ultimately the problem... Brains... well, the lack of brains is the problem. The guys that did the actual programming were just a little short of that.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:35:44 AM »
Riddle me this:

If auth was or is down, how is it that my screen says Auth is UP, but I STILL AM LOGGED IN ELSEWHERE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Can you guys figure out how to use a computer? For real this is completely retarded
For me logging in with a different account usually helps if it says I'm already logged in. Then I just wait a couple of minutes and try to log in again with the original account and eventually it usually lets me.

But then again that's just something I do and that has worked for me (not necessarily in the same situation, too).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:48:05 AM »
read the messages about having trouble at the auth system guys - the ones ELiZ posted a view hours ago. they are searching and doing its job, not everytime and everything is a small problem. give them time, they will fix it. if not, then realy think about changing the provider.

on other thing again: if you are in focus with distributed denial of service (ddos), then you can do NOTHING against, except cut the service which is the target. thats all.

and one thing for tcsgenphoenix: give me your committment in here, that i can attack your computer and you will see, you can not anymore work for the time i would like to. i guess i do not need even your ip address (if you had ever played on one of my server).

what i would like to say: just wait another day, maybe two, and the problem will be hopefully not anymore around - maybe because the fixed a problem or they have a work around about a possible ddos attack
« Last Edit: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:51:38 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 08:26:09 AM »
If its a ddos probably because all the servers and users are hitting it at the same time because on the Updates.  Tell me is the update server the same as the Auth server?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager