Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Auth Server is down  (Read 4027 times)

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
Re: Auth Server is down
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 08:34:56 AM »
and btw i think that u shud make some respawn maps thats the only thing aao is missing and its what beginers well if there ll be some would love.

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 08:38:50 AM »
People play the game for free and only complaining whole time. Hit your heads, be thankfull and shut up please. Go to work, go outside with your dog, whatever, just stop complaining.
I'm not complaining and this game is not free.  Cost me $20 tonight as I purchased more bandwidth just to play and then couldn't.  Also the servers most people run normally cost between $100 - $350 a month to host.

Also I wouldn't be here posting if I wasn't interested in helping and as I said in the shout box if there is a way to run a mirror I would like to host one In Australia this would cover the Asia-pacific area and take load of the USA.

I have also run over a dozen servers in the past with FPS and 100+ players with no lag which is more load than AA25 is currently experiencing so I may know a thing or two to help.

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 08:42:38 AM »
and btw i think that u shud make some respawn maps thats the only thing aao is missing and its what beginers well if there ll be some would love.
Its not COD but like how you think and I already do use a pistol in my left hand for noobs.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 09:43:18 AM »
I'm not complaining and this game is not free.  Cost me $20 tonight as I purchased more bandwidth just to play and then couldn't.  Also the servers most people run normally cost between $100 - $350 a month to host.
I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but why would you pay so much for a server? You can get a 26 slot server for 26€/month. I know that probably wont have the best performance, but paying 10 times more doesn't seem reasonable to me.

Again, I don't know much (if anything at all) about this, but $350 a month really seems like a waste to me.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 09:47:16 AM »
ppl are paying for their servers....many of them like 30 eu/month....so they have right to complain......aao is down already 5 days since monday i think......so no wonder ppl are angry.U guys need some hot chick to do public realations stuff and calm down the angry addicts:-)

we played a match on a tournament yesterday, and not one problem at all. it was 20.00 -21.10 CET.
seems like there is not only one problem to fix. so let them time to do so please.

Offline ]-KTA-[Helldiver

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 09:50:44 AM »
Auth wasnt down yesterday and it wasnt down the last days.

Offline Blur

« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:06:05 AM »
I'm sorry if I'm mistaken, but why would you pay so much for a server? You can get a 26 slot server for 26€/month

That would be the cost of racking a physical server up in a DC (or leasing a dedicated box from a dc). Over in Aus these things are unfortunetly pretty expensive.

Give the poor guys a go remember they are doing this for free....

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 10:09:03 AM »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager