Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Auth Server is down  (Read 4022 times)

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
Auth Server is down
« on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 06:02:43 AM »
We all just got kicked is the Auth server down again?

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
Re: Auth Server is down
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 06:03:08 AM »
^ top left side. auth currently offline
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 06:10:59 AM »
Hey, according to my assist, Auth is Online. Only trouble is, when I try to login, every single time it tells me that I'm logged in somewhere else. What gives? This won't stop. I was logged in just fine. I restarted my server, so that it would kick me, then now it won't lemme login. Maybe the Auth Server needs to be moved to a fully dedicated server that has about 8 gigs of RAM and maybe some tweaks to keep it online? I mean seriously, I can run a game server on my VPS running 512 Megs of burstable ram, and MINIMAL cpu usage. But this is kinda lame. I realize the Auth is controlling a great number of connections, but isn't that where the Admins put a little more money into a Decent server to run Auth from? Cause it don't look like it's working out too well for you guys.

Offline soupcakes

• no soup for 4 U!
    • View Profile
  • AA: soul
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 06:56:46 AM »
well, if you cant login on YOUR assist, i would recommend you check the website for a reliable answer... says weather auth is off or on in top left of this website.

and you say 'admins (should) put down more money into a decent server '..... well, the cool thing is, you dont have to be admin to put money into this! they have a donate button right above where it says weather or not the auth is workin.

ps: i blame you for this next cig imma bout to smoke.
You gotta have a nuclear soul
To melt down all your sorrowful load
And you gotta have a mercury soul
To weigh down any glimmer of gold

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:01:51 AM »
well, if you cant login on YOUR assist, i would recommend you check the website for a reliable answer... says weather auth is off or on in top left of this website.

and you say 'admins (should) put down more money into a decent server '..... well, the cool thing is, you dont have to be admin to put money into this! they have a donate button right above where it says weather or not the auth is workin.

ps: i blame you for this next cig imma bout to smoke.

You know what the beauty of that whole bs is? I put all of my time and money into a decent server to run my dedicated server from, after changing it 5 times to something that can support it. So why would I donate to something that the creators and management can't even fix or even setup right to where this WON'T happen????? Think about it...

Oh, and blame away on that cig. Cause I smoke, and I rightly don't care. It's your choice to light it, and it doesn't make it my fault that you chose to flick the bic.

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:22:24 AM »
I blame it on all the changes ie flash time which didnt need changing in the first place.  Great upload maps but dont change the code.  I know the Assist guys are or think they are doing this for the good of the game but some people would rather just be playing it as is rather than not playing at all or constantly getting kicked or having these types of problems.

It almost looks as it the Auth server ISP has capped the connection maybe there quota is up after all the downloads for the updates.

Offline tcsgenphoenix

« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:26:24 AM »
There probably is a Bandwidth cap. But if you're going to run an AUTH server, the cap should never be below 1 terrabyte for security reasons. That way you know you won't run outta bandwidth. I run 2 terrabytes of bandwidth for that exact purpose.

Maybe Assist guys need to learn to Assist themselves and stop changing things that were more than likely set at the limit they were originally at FOR A REASON!! As of now, this is my last post on here. Until 25Assist teams get their act together, -tCs- The Corrupt Snipers are no longer members of the AA Family.

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:36:59 AM »
The current issues has NOTHING to do with adding content to the game or modifying the flash time, are you kidding me?

The issue is a problem on the Server Hosting's end.

Offline Calevey

• View Profile
    • SASF Clan
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:41:26 AM »
No no no ELiZ, you don't have any idea what is going on. You have ruined everything... The whole Assist crew has destroyed our lives and broke our families.
- Getting old, cold and slow -

Offline Petrol

« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:42:38 AM »
And kiled my cat...

Offline Ilmari

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 07:45:51 AM »
 :rtfm: :makemyday: Can i play offline guys????? some training needed

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 08:07:49 AM »
If there is some problem on provider side u shud keep ppl informed...it shud be ont he main side in news or pop up in assist....now ppl dont know why they cant play and ofc they blame update since the kicks started the same day as the update was released......

i realy apreciate work u guys putting in aao but some of the changes are not needed....like adding shadows to old maps like pipe or ua???cmone eliz imagine they add some new shadows to bc......its only annoing

and all md5 kicks started after the first update......before i had no problem with it.....cant be a coicidence

Offline Go_Cat75

• Hospital GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 08:20:09 AM »
The current issues has NOTHING to do with adding content to the game or modifying the flash time, are you kidding me?

The issue is a problem on the Server Hosting's end.
Thanks for clarifying, I did stick that in as a big of a rant and wanted to see a response that's why I kept it separate from the BW / ISP response.  Must just be a coincidence then that this has happened now both times after the last 2 updates. 

I usually go with logic as it make sense.

Offline [Majestic]tidididi

« Reply #13 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 08:20:50 AM »
People play the game for free and only complaining whole time. Hit your heads, be thankfull and shut up please. Go to work, go outside with your dog, whatever, just stop complaining.

Offline 1m50ry

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday, January 25, 2013, 08:27:23 AM »
ppl are paying for their servers....many of them like 30 eu/month....so they have right to complain......aao is down already 5 days since monday i think......so no wonder ppl are angry.U guys need some hot chick to do public realations stuff and calm down the angry addicts:-)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager