Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Assist server browser  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Mixk

Assist server browser
« on: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 11:17:27 AM »
For some reason the server browser is slower than molasses in Alaska in January. I was blaming it on my internet and computer but was asked by another player about it to.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Assist server browser
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 13:17:45 PM »
Works fine for me now, was just the server browser or the authentication aswell? When did it happen?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 13:26:36 PM »
I never said anything before but for me, on the main startup page of Assist, it pings the auth server. Most always for me it has to ping it twice resulting in a 3000-4000ms (course, now I just started Assist 3 times and it was all under 600ms). Even with this, I wouldn't describe the server browser as slow to me. It's a lot of data to handle. Look at the server list I coded at the top of this page. When there's 200+ players, it takes a good 6-7 seconds for a super-fast web server to handle that data. Granted, my code probably isn't optimized but still, handling data takes time.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 13:34:23 PM »
I never said anything before but for me, on the main startup page of Assist, it pings the auth server. Most always for me it has to ping it twice resulting in a 3000-4000ms
The same exact thing happens to me every time.

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 14:10:51 PM »
same for me about the auth ping, early I thought it was my 3g internet, but its not lol :_)
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 14:19:36 PM »
i get 125ms  :D

Offline Mixk

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 15:09:18 PM »
I'm not talking about authorization, mine usually in the 90-300 ms range. I am talking about when you get to the deployment page with the servers. Everything loads fine up till I actually click on a server and then I wait and wait and wait for it to highlight the server and then its another wait for it to  start loading the game. It just started doing this today and is showing pings as high as 42,000. Once I join a server everything is fine. I haven't changed any settings or added or removed and software. I have a gremlin in my pc.

Still no idea why or what happened, but I gave up and did a reset and repair. Currently all is back to normal for me.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 15:53:47 PM by Mixk »
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 16:05:54 PM »
Well out of curiosity i've tried joining a couple servers right now, and it keeps on going timeout at the 3rd point (claims a timeout while trying to connect to the authorization server). I've tried only a few servers, on some of those it times out 7/10 (e.g. FMJ public one - of course i've tried only European hosting based ones).

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 16:26:56 PM »
That would be an issue querying the server then.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, December 23, 2012, 19:02:54 PM »
yes, auth ping is very high, but after pass, everything is normal to me.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 24, 2012, 04:21:47 AM »
Well out of curiosity i've tried joining a couple servers right now, and it keeps on going timeout at the 3rd point (claims a timeout while trying to connect to the authorization server). I've tried only a few servers, on some of those it times out 7/10 (e.g. FMJ public one - of course i've tried only European hosting based ones).

Yup I also get timeout 90% of the time

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager