Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: after 100 words per day ...  (Read 3765 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

after 100 words per day ...
« on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 19:48:03 PM »
hey
what about that:
after 100 words per day writing to shoutbox, you are banned for 2 days on it.
ok, maybe 200 words  :idea:

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: after 100 words per day ...
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 20:12:36 PM »
Good idea, but only when it's a not proper english.

Guess I'll be banned a lot for not proper english lmmfao

Offline Ganja

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 21, 2015, 20:20:35 PM »
I have to agree that one person should have a max amount of letters/day in order not to have useless conversations in the shoutbox, because we all know they never get anywhere

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 02:38:24 AM »
That would be great, its short enough to start accusing someone about something while knowing you dont have to respond back anymore.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 02:43:18 AM »
I do get that people are using the shoutbox (instead of the forum, or other platforms) to discuss the usual drama /ingame issues/etc. It's there because people asked for a place to chat while ingame, an IRC channel was discussed but the shoutbox was created instead. If you look at the whole wall of shouts you will notice that its limits are mostly due to the amount of people (both the forum users and the players) that can post shouts on it.

On the other hand, i just took a look at the shoutbox and i can still see shouts posted 8 hours ago. That is quite a fairly decent amount of time, even with the discussion that went on during the night.

hey
what about that:

200 words would roughly mean...not more than 7 or 8 posts by average, unless you make 5 to 10 words shouts, honestly barely enough for a statement.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 02:45:20 AM by Koden »

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 03:05:34 AM »
Irc channel would be great imo.

200 words is only suitable for people who loves to criticize others without knowing facts. I know this thread is stated straight to me btw :up:

Next time who ever has similar personal hate against me, if you don't like it to be discussed at shoutbox or threads then pm me, but keep your facts straight.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 05:16:45 AM »
IRC is so 10 years ago...

To be honest, I don't see most people logging in to IRC for a chat.
Then again, haven't dealt with IRC for 10 years or so so it might  be that it's web based nowadays or something like that.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 06:35:13 AM »
Good idea, but only when it's a not proper english.

Than leds write all dutch !  : https://translate.google.nl/

Offline ronski

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 06:36:26 AM »
IRC is so 10 years ago...

To be honest, I don't see most people logging in to IRC for a chat.
Then again, haven't dealt with IRC for 10 years or so so it might  be that it's web based nowadays or something like that.
I used to irc something like 10-15 years a ago with mIRC. It works still with similar clients, I use putty on windows and terminal on mac when I jump in to my former employers irc-server.

IRC would be too nerdy of course, it wouldn't work in community like this :)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 06:58:43 AM »
An easy and really straightforward thing to use would be Steam. Having a Steam group chat on the official AAO25 Assist Steam group (which already exists). I'm also aware that probably nearly no one here - except for the few playing AAPG - uses Steam, which is a bit sad (it helps tracking your Steam games stats, keeps your Steam games updated, lets you chat with friends no matter what the game you're playing, makes taking and uploading screenshots easy, etc).

Of course the Steam chat (including the group chat) can't be moderated (you can kick or maybe ban users), but it's still a free sort of "community feature" that comes with Steam.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 07:01:26 AM by Koden »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 07:55:05 AM »
hey
what about that:
I can live with this so that a little group  will not fill up the space  and push them self constandly to the front to make them "inportant".
with endless talks were 99% of the community is totaly is not intrested.
We had the exemple in the past that IGC was taking over the website and finaly assist after long time that understude that this is not the way.
I  see only a little problem and that is Friends politiek!     :down:

Offline =IHF=^Napalm

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 08:01:39 AM »
I have to agree that one person should have a max amount of letters/day in order not to have useless conversations in the shoutbox...

ok lets start with Sniper, Supr3me and Bernard Kr....mmmuuuhhhaaaaaaaaaa

Offline ronski

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 08:39:10 AM »
I can live with this so that a little group  will not fill up the space  and push them self constandly to the front to make them "inportant".
We had the exemple in the past that IGC was taking over the website and finaly assist after long time that understude that this is not the way.
Again, this one is stated straight to me. I can discuss as much as you want of desicions I've made as serveradmin. I think I already explained the situation very clearly but if it's still unclear for you, dont hesitate to ask what happened.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 08:52:37 AM by ronski »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 08:59:39 AM »

I hardly see anyone "pushing" theirselves on a shoutbox where the latest post is usually visible in a timespan between 12 and 18 hours (or maybe 24 hours if there's not much life in it). So you can tell which is the personal upfront importance of such a thing... It's a chatbox with limited functions and with a few limits.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, November 22, 2015, 10:39:46 AM »
I hardly see anyone "pushing" theirselves on a shoutbox where the latest post is usually visible in a timespan between 12 and 18 hours (or maybe 24 hours if there's not much life in it). So you can tell which is the personal upfront importance of such a thing... It's a chatbox with limited functions and with a few limits.
when i see people here almost 24/7 in website reacting on all people than you have to gif them there live back by protect them to reduse this with a tool ore a rule

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager