Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Accidently banned  (Read 1701 times)

Offline TemplarXii

Accidently banned
« on: Saturday, June 30, 2012, 00:26:35 AM »
When I say accident, it was purely from fucking about.
I'm not a hacker and I don't like hackers but I was messing around with the weapon choses on the game and I selected one called "NADE" as someone suggested it in game (I blame ishootfriendlies for this lol) and he said you get 50 of each grenades and this didn't work in the end but I was messing around with them and suddenly it gives me 255 smoke grenades and then sends me to jail and bans me from the server :L

I thought it was funny until I saw I was banned... from my division server too... rofl

Is there a way to get rid of my damaged reputation from this? because I don't want this on my record?
Soldier: "Sir! We are are surrounded!"
Officer: "Excellent, now we can attack them in any direction"

Offline eKC0mm

Re: Accidently banned
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 30, 2012, 00:37:40 AM »
I was playing with this guy earlier. He's chill. Additionally, not a hacker.

I don't understand why people feel the need to change their game files. So many dumb bans for this stuff. Unless you know what it is your changing don't change it.
eKComm - Team Non-Sense

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 30, 2012, 07:08:31 AM »
Was with that account? Probably was just a times hackhunter ban, you should be able to play again. But hope it did teach you a lesson, don't mess with files, next time you may get a ban for messing around other files.

"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline Killing

• View Profile
  • AA: Ghost
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 30, 2012, 11:30:12 AM »
Would be nice if assist would have 2 different ban rules. 1 permanent for the real hacks like poke, shadowbot, etc and other temporary for this kind of things.
 For example if someone would be banned for only typing editobj on the chat he would have 1 temporary ban (ban during some days to he remember to never more do the same provoking false positives...and if he would do it again the next ban time would be more aggressive)
 Depending of the bannable "tweaks" or cheats or "third part programs" you should increase or decrease the number of the ban days (or keep them permanent).

Offline BiG_SerGiO

• Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • "I got soul but i'm not a soldier..."
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese Warriors
  • AA: [PTwars]b!6
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 30, 2012, 12:08:33 PM »
All Assist bans are manually inserted by admins. We can ban for the time we want. So we have been banning every time someone gets caught and when isn't that serious we allow them to come here and explain what really happen so we can lift ban. Anyway, we always try to explain them the consequences. Don't recall anyone being banned definitely for something light...
"Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth"?
Hmm?

https://vortexservers.com/clients/aff.php?aff=406

Offline ishootfriendlies

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 30, 2012, 18:00:28 PM »
I was messing around with the weapon choses on the game and I selected one called "NADE" as someone suggested it in game (I blame ishootfriendlies for this lol) and he said you get 50 of each grenades and this didn't work in the end

Wait, wait, wait.   Wait just a minute.  That was on the 82nd "Pick your own weapon" server.  You do it by typing "mod nade" instead of "mod rpk" or whatever.  That is all I did.  That give you fifty of each.  I have no idea about this 255 deal.

My vote is...PERMABAN!  HAHAHAHAHA!  LET HIM ROT! HAHAHAHAHA (do the "hahaha" with an evil laugh)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager