Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Abusing Glitches  (Read 1004 times)

Offline shadowflynt

Abusing Glitches
« on: Friday, September 07, 2012, 13:16:25 PM »
I don't remember when I started playing AA but it was pre 2007.  I have seen cheaters come and go over the years but have never seen as many as I see now.  I was considering donating to help keep the game going but after being called a noob because I will not abuse glitches in the game I decided that there is no point.

I put up with the mod servers though I don't like them, spamming grenades since nobody cares along with people that are obviously using aim bot (or whatever they call it now) and glitches on hosp where you can snipe from a location that makes you invisible but this was the final straw.  The server I was on had a server admin on who watched a player call me a noob for not abusing glitches.  Nobody cares anymore about everyone abusing the glitch that allows you to have a C in the sniper slot.  It ruins the game as much as any other cheat and should be punished the same but the server admins allow it to continue.  It truly is sad that this great game has turned into nothing but a waste of time and energy where anyone can do whatever they want and admins do not even enforce their own server rules (nurse camping not allowed) because it is their own clan that does it.

This is the end of my complaints since these glitches have been around for awhile and have not been fixed.  I will not continue to play a game that is becoming known as a free place for cheaters to play.

Goodbye to all the real AA players who enjoy playing the game the way it should be and goodbye to all the cheaters and hackers that SUCK at the game so much that they need to cheat rather than work at getting better.

Thanks go to the people who run this site and got the game running again, it is just too bad the cheaters are destroying the game for everyone.  Wish the best of luck to the real players and hope someday the cheaters get removed from the game.
It is a sign of intelligence to be able to argue any point from either and both sides

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Abusing Glitches
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 07, 2012, 13:54:44 PM »
The roof issue is known already and was fixed in a new SF Hospital map version that was going to be released in the latest Assist update. About the M4 rifle exploit, that slot could be easily fixed to be either a true sniper playerstart or either anything else, but that would last as long as an admin start to forceclassing the player using that slot, assigning him a different weapon (e.g. precisely the M4). So it can be fixed but it would be useful up to that extent.

I agree with you about server admins not willing to enforce rules, and especially not being respectful at all.

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 07, 2012, 14:45:03 PM »
The roof issue is known already and was fixed in a new SF Hospital map version that was going to be released in the latest Assist update. About the M4 rifle exploit, that slot could be easily fixed to be either a true sniper playerstart or either anything else, but that would last as long as an admin start to forceclassing the player using that slot, assigning him a different weapon (e.g. precisely the M4). So it can be fixed but it would be useful up to that extent.

I agree with you about server admins not willing to enforce rules, and especially not being respectful at all.

if theres no rules on servers whats there to enforce??

every 1 whinning about wwr exploit, pfff plz open ur eyes, no 1 ever complains about 3rd fl table bug, or noobs jumpn and crouchn down real fast or quick swap of weapon, i use to hate that but i adpated to shootn noobs that use that

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, September 08, 2012, 01:21:54 AM »
The 18B to 18C thing is kind of built in the game... You can disable snipers in parental control and there you go, m4 instead of spr. I don't really understand how not being able to use a sniper would be better for kids (parents choosing not to give their kids the ability to us sniper), but that's just the way the game is built.

And if you switched the slot to be an M24, you would probably just get an M16 instead of it with the same parental control, maybe even some frag grenades with it, too...
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager