Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: AAPG Master Servers  (Read 2487 times)

Offline 12ampage

AAPG Master Servers
« on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 15:57:41 PM »
I know this isn't an AAPG community.  But I also know a lot of smart people hang around here.  My goal is to get a list of registered servers from steam. Does anyone know how to find the connection information (ip address, port, and registered game name) for the AAPG Steam Master Servers?

I've attempted to use wire shark while the aa loader populates the server table but I can't seem to narrow that down to a specific call to the master server.  Looking through the various UDP requests/responses it would seem that AAPG is using a source master server because I see a lot of "Source Engine Query" in the response packets.  I am able to query specific servers for information, this is specifically about getting a list of servers.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: AAPG Master Servers
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 16:05:39 PM »
I can offer up the query code that I have for UE2 games but it's probably not what you need. Maybe look and see what people do for AA3 and then take a look at what people do for source games?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Lord.aNoobis

Re: AAPG Master Servers
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 09, 2013, 16:06:32 PM »
If they are smart the server list will be encrypted as it was in AA2. We used gamespy back then and they had a webpage we could get the list from.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager