Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: try all coops  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
try all coops
« on: Wednesday, July 09, 2014, 21:25:43 PM »
its possible to creat 1 coop game in little time , it happend  whit bunker crisis .  is it not possible to try all 540 maps to change and see if map is working in assist, Eliz tell me is it easy to do it ore is it taking experians and time to creat it.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 09, 2014, 21:42:57 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Alex

Re: try all coops
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, July 09, 2014, 22:19:09 PM »
What exactly are you asking? To try to convert all of the co-op maps to see if any work? None will. The version of UnrealEd that we use does not have the AI capabilities of the 2.8.5 one. It's not map dependent, the editor simply doesn't have those functions in it.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 04:59:54 AM »
ELIZ did bunker crisis after I had gif him  a movie of it
and   that was a coop (.aao) and that one works.
Maybe a lot coop (.aao) maps out of the starting periot are build whit the 2.5 UnrealEd converter.
and thats way bunker crisis did work. 
Only ELIZ can gif the anser becose he did it. and if he say it was luck ,than ther must be more.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 13:10:46 PM »
The issues behind the 2.5 AI affect both the server performance and the ingame AI behavior (which is next to useless). I recall Spanky once tested a version of Interdiction (the one you can play on 2.5) with some bots, after a few minutes the server log file was spam-filled with gigabytes worthy of error messages caused by the missing or not completely working AI code. That leads to server slowdown within a short timelapse and eventually the server might crash and restart.   
« Last Edit: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 13:13:11 PM by Koden »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 13:46:01 PM »
Vanoke, I don't think you realize what we are saying. The maps CAN be converted but they will not have any AI. A lot of those maps were designed around AI and removing it would make the map pretty crappy.

The problem with your 450 AI maps is that not all of them are good. Nobody here wants to go through them and find out which ones are good and which aren't. Especially when official AA3 and AA2.8.5 maps are rarely played and a lot of effort was put into those.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 14:31:34 PM »
ELIZ did bunker crisis after I had gif him  a movie of it
and   that was a coop (.aao) and that one works.
Maybe a lot coop (.aao) maps out of the starting periot are build whit the 2.5 UnrealEd converter.
and thats way bunker crisis did work. 
Only ELIZ can gif the anser becose he did it. and if he say it was luck ,than ther must be more.
Then I misunderstood your original post. You just want to convert the co-op maps into playable maps in 2.5 without the co-op, correct? That's entirely possible, but not likely see as how we already have a shit ton of maps that nobody plays.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 16:23:34 PM »
I think ther are maps that are must more better than we have here, and we  must  select befor you good guys must work on it . than we wil  bring assist on a higher level in first person shoot game land .

A good selection is important and sum guy s that has experians can gif ther advice about  a map we  can select first 10  and later more maps  that are worthy to bring to assist.

selection must be:   high playable,adventure,grafics
I alredy have 2.8.5 installed and whit the commands to look insite we can make a desision.

I believe sum guy`s have already a favorit were we can look to ,to bring in.

Bring the list of maps in here for A memory refresh and open a 1/10 selection
People can already see a view here:   http://aao25.com/forum/games-programming/coop-games-in-movie-and-document/

and if we select adder maps  i will make a movie about it to bring the top 10 here. (its for after my hollyday)  people have sum time to look.

« Last Edit: Thursday, July 10, 2014, 16:39:52 PM by Vanoke »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager