Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Medal of Honor comes back in Fall 2010  (Read 3478 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Medal of Honor comes back in Fall 2010
« on: Friday, December 04, 2009, 23:23:15 PM »
http://www.medalofhonor.com/en_US

EALA and DICE collaborating on long-rumored reboot of classic series, which will follow modern-day special ops commandos in Afghanistan.

The past week has seen several major news stories centered on Afghanistan, culminating in last night's announcement by President Obama that is he is dispatching 30,000 more troops to the war-torn nation. Today, Afghanistan figured prominently in the game world, when Electronic Arts announced it would be the setting for the long-rumored reboot of its Medal of Honor franchise, titled simply "Medal of Honor."

The new face of Medal of Honor.

Due out in fall 2010 for the PC, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3, Medal of Honor will be the first installment in the once-top-selling series to not be set during World War II. The first-person shooter will instead focus on a member of the most elite group inside the modern-day US Special Operations Command, the shadowy Tier 1 Operators. EA says its Los Angeles studio has been working closely with actual members of the group, whose real-life experiences will provide the basis for the game's story.

In a statement, executive producer Greg Goodrich said EALA is emphasizing realism in the game. "When we first set out to reinvent Medal of Honor, we wanted to stay true to its roots of authenticity and respect for the soldier but bring it into today's war," he said. The most popular military shooter to date, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, took some criticism from reviewers for having a highly implausible storyline. Its developer, Infinity Ward, was created by former Medal of Honor developers who left EA in 2002.

While EALA will focus on Medal of Honor's single-player campaign, another internal studio, EA DICE, will be handling the multiplayer mode. The Swedish studio, formerly known as Digital Illusions CE, is renowned for the multiplayer modes of its Battlefield series, which will continue next March with Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

EA did not announce any further details on the game other than its cover art. However, the game's official Web site shows its setting will be in eastern Afghanistan, just southwest of the mountain stronghold of Tora Bora where Tier 1 Special Forces almost captured Osama Bin Laden in 2001. Last fall, that battle was recounted by a member of the unit involved on 60 Minutes on CBS, GameSpot's parent company. The video is viewable below:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5153449n&tag=api
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

Re: Medal of Honor comes back in Fall 2010
« Reply #1 on: Friday, December 04, 2009, 23:31:37 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this, I fear that they are going to try to make a game like MW2 to gain money and not actually put effort into making an amazing game like they can.

The good news is that DICE is handling the multiplayer so we know that is going to be an instant win.
« Last Edit: Friday, December 04, 2009, 23:37:05 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #2 on: Friday, December 04, 2009, 23:44:37 PM »
I also have mixed feelings but I gotta lean towards the fact that it will be an awesome game. Remember, Infinity Ward is a bunch of people that got P.O.'d at EA for some reason and thought they could do better. They've done good but I don't think they have the authenticity that MOH brings. MOH is like AA except with a bigger budget. EA already has the storyline, concept graphics and probably loads more done. Hell, they've probably started work on the actual game with coding and modeling and it's still a year out. I don't see them as trying to rush it to compete with Call of Duty. It more looks like they waited until MW2 was out to announce this game which in my opinion was a smart move. I will be getting the game and I'm sure many hairs will stand straight up while playing it.

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Friday, December 04, 2009, 23:58:59 PM »
I also have mixed feelings but I gotta lean towards the fact that it will be an awesome game. Remember, Infinity Ward is a bunch of people that got P.O.'d at EA for some reason and thought they could do better. They've done good but I don't think they have the authenticity that MOH brings. MOH is like AA except with a bigger budget. EA already has the storyline, concept graphics and probably loads more done. Hell, they've probably started work on the actual game with coding and modeling and it's still a year out. I don't see them as trying to rush it to compete with Call of Duty. It more looks like they waited until MW2 was out to announce this game which in my opinion was a smart move. I will be getting the game and I'm sure many hairs will stand straight up while playing it.

As long as the story is more than 6 hours long(MW2) I will probably buy it.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 01:12:27 AM »
I thought I would look this game up again and found something interesting:

Engine:
Unreal Engine 3 (singleplayer)
Frostbite Engine (multiplayer)

UE3 has multiplayer... that's obvious. I wonder what makes DICE's engine so great for multiplayer but not single player.

Also, there's a video:

Offline Alex

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 01:19:35 AM »
I thought I would look this game up again and found something interesting:

Engine:
Unreal Engine 3 (singleplayer)
Frostbite Engine (multiplayer)

UE3 has multiplayer... that's obvious. I wonder what makes DICE's engine so great for multiplayer but not single player.

Also, there's a video:

I'm guessing that DICE wanted to use their own engine because they are more comfortable with it and know all of its capabilities. I don't think it is that the Frostbite engine is bad for single player, I think that it is because the two developers use the engines they prefer. Although this is the first time I have ever seen a dual engine game before and I am not entirely sure how it would work.

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 22:44:37 PM »
Dual engines? wtf. As long as they can efficiently make a fun experience without the engine switch being obvious then why not. Doesnt UE3 support like 256 players on a server now . . . ? Weird....

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 08, 2010, 20:47:06 PM »
On the EA site they have the PC pre-order listed as $60. >:( If true, the chances of me getting this game are getting slim.

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 06:53:53 AM »

Offline [Nifty]-mister

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 11, 2010, 13:48:26 PM »
BlueBlaster: Dann called him a vertically-​challenged nigger.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager