Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Bungie anniversary video  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Bungie anniversary video
« on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 04:59:04 AM »
Bungie is celebrating their 20th anniversary and they posted a video on the homepage, its a little long but i think theres some cool/interesting stuff in there. They talk about their story since the very beginning and especially when they were acquired by Microsoft to develop Halo.

Some technical facts but also plenty of fun facts from the devs.

They called it "O Brave New World"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr0Q5CMcNt0[/youtube]

Quote from: http://www.bungie.net/Inside/content.aspx?link=HistoryOfBungie_p2
Logistical problems abounded however, not least of were the countless building code violations that made this new space a deathtrap "Yeah, we used to trip the breaker switches all the time. Everything would go out and we'd have to power things up one at a time just so the switch didn't trip again," says Jones.

Jones also recalls the time that AT&T arrived to fix the company's malfunctioning T1 line. "Nobody knew where it was actually located, so we just wandered around looking – we ended up finding this locked door to the basement. The AT&T guy was ready to give up, but we needed our internet connection pretty desperately. So I broke the door down."

It got worse. "I guess the building used to be some kind of weird religious school, and the basement was filled with these tiny desks, you know – the ones with the seat built-in and there was a near-empty swimming pool with about six inches of sludge at the bottom. The T1 line was actually hooked up in an abandoned boiler room covered in about forty years of corrosion." If it sounds like a level from Resident Evil, then you're successfully picturing the scene. But swimming pool of death aside, Bungie was a real company, with real employees and a real creepy basement. But amazingly, very early work on what was to become Halo actually started there.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 27, 2012, 05:14:22 AM by Koden »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Bungie anniversary video
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 27, 2012, 13:57:00 PM »
Haha amazing. I enjoyed.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager