Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The 203 disabled on hospital.  (Read 74905 times)

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
  • AA: epic!
Re: The 203 disabled on hospital.
« Reply #300 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:36:20 PM »
what about your post is facts and truth?

In this case, that changing original map like this is just pure idiocy.

You don't even play the game anymore.

That's what you think.

Why are you putting in all this time to stir shit up? Just for fun?

I repeat: in this case it is not trolling, just argumentation. Which you apparently can not stand.

Offline Alex

« Reply #301 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:41:02 PM »
In this case, that changing original map like this is just pure idiocy.
That's an opinion, not a fact. A lot of people disagree with you, get over it.

Also, you still didn't answer my question, but I give up on that.

Again, I would like to emphasize that this was a COMMUNITY VOTE. The amount of hate is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:44:01 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:47:42 PM »
Also, you still didn't answer my question, but I give up on that.

What question? Why I spend time contributing to forum? Because I care.

Again, I would like to emphasize that this was a COMMUNITY VOTE.

You still don't get it. If the community has voted that there should be only pistols, would you implemented it?
I repeated it many times: voting and "democracy" are most often not the good way to judge things.

Offline Alex

« Reply #303 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:51:21 PM »
You still don't get it. If the community has voted that there should be only pistols, would you implemented it?
I repeated it many times: voting and "democracy" are most often not the good way to judge things.

That's a valid point. However, we've had a ton of people ask for this, so we made a vote and it won. Nobody has come to us saying they want pistols only. Not a single person. We don't create votes just for the hell of it, it has to be clear that a lot of people want the change.

Like I said, I don't like removing weapons from an original map either, but I respect what the community wants.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #304 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 19:59:54 PM »
However, we've had a ton of people ask for this
Oh really? Weird, I never heard their opinions on the servers. And trust me, I played Hospital a lot. Maybe it was just a ton of people in the admin channel on ts.

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:01:38 PM »
That's a valid point. However, we've had a ton of people ask for this, so we made a vote and it won. Nobody has come to us saying they want pistols only. Not a single person. We don't create votes just for the hell of it, it has to be clear that a lot of people want the change.

Tons of people? Really? I only see Wickid, Bollie and maybe 2-3 others here.
Besides, if you were to do a vote, why not do it with a brain? Why not ask only people actually playing hosp? Like Kari suggested somewhere else.

Like I said, I don't like removing weapons from an original map either, but I respect what the community wants.

I am really glad you wrote. I just proves to me that you are 1) smart but 2) you fell into a trap of "political correctness" and following what mob says.

Offline Alex

« Reply #306 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:06:51 PM »
Oh really? Weird, I never heard their opinions on the servers. And trust me, I played Hospital a lot. Maybe it was just a ton of people in the admin channel on ts.
If you think it was just the admins explain the outcome of the vote... People wanted this, whether you want to admit it or not. Your attempt also fails because I already said I don't like the change. Also, just because nobody has told you that they didn't like the 203 doesn't mean nobody told us. After all, EliZ has the power to change the game, not you, so why would they tell you instead of us?

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #307 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:11:31 PM »
Weird that when I asked players on the hospital server today if they like the change. The majority was against the decision and only a handful approved it. Looks like an awful lot of bridge players voted on this... And Bollie with 16 accounts :D

Offline Alex

« Reply #308 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:17:38 PM »
Weird that when I asked players on the hospital server today if they like the change. The majority was against the decision and only a handful approved it. Looks like an awful lot of bridge players voted on this... And Bollie with 16 accounts :D
That's a valid point. Perhaps those that played mostly Hospital liked the 203s. However, we don't make votes just for people that play certain maps. Maybe more people that didn't like hospital before because of the 203 will now start playing it? I don't know. Look, we simply just did what the majority wanted. Your anger is a bit misguided. Are you really going to get mad at us for simply acting on a vote? The vote wasn't even close either...

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:38:52 PM »
After all, EliZ has the power to change the game, not you

This summarizes the problem very well. Eliz became a dictator, who changes maps because he can.
Ofc, there are votes before that, but that votes are meaningless.

Offline KARI-30

« Reply #310 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 20:43:41 PM »
This summarizes the problem very well. Eliz became a dictator, who changes maps because he can.
Ofc, there are votes before that, but that votes are meaningless.
Same like comunism. Have you ever seen votings (elections) in comunism? :D

Offline widow

« Reply #311 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:19:17 PM »
150 ppl wanted that the map stay in original mode.. they were for the 203. whats with them?
anyway. i stop playing on hospital. i dont want to play on a stunted map. i play a bit longer on some other maps then i think about stoping to play AAO again. maybe u win some new players, but u also will loos some old players. u earn what u seed.. the next step is a vote against rpg in CSAR, or a other changing. only pistols.. no medics... dont know where they wanna go with such a extreme act. for me it became lesser interesting. AND for me spaming is not interesting. i used it, cause i had it. i also killed a lot with a IF gun. i dont need a C gun to kill. sometimes i used sniper or i also like RPK. so spaming is not the point. i used it against the hardcore camper. and they shoot out of the earth like mashrooms now. they start to play with C gun in singlemode. cause they dont need burst anymore, when there are 3 buguser on roof camping. they use pibod with singleshot. thats not the sense of this map. u can go to mountainpass or recon... anyway..for me the days on AAO are counted.CU

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:37:36 PM »
150 ppl wanted that the map stay in original mode.. they were for the 203. whats with them?

Good question. The answer is that admins do not care. Or maybe most of them care, but Eliz does not.

Eliz made a vote, Eliz implemented a change, and it is done. You get it?

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #313 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:47:29 PM »
widow, that's great that you don't like spamming. I wish many more players were like you. The sad fact is, many players do spam to get cheap kills without any skill. That is the problem we are trying to address. The simplest way to do that is to remove the weapon that can be spammed. That is a solution, and the one being used right now but it's not the best solution. Personally, I would like to see global spam settings that prevent grenade/203 spam for 15-20 seconds at round start (maybe longer, we have to test).

We're not trying to dumb down the game or ignore people and do what we want. We're trying to make the game better. You don't do that by sitting still, that's how things die. Just like in life, you learn and improve. We're trying to fix issues inherent in the game that the original devs did not bother with due to time/budget constraints. These ARE problems, we just need to find an elegant way to solve them to keep everybody happy.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline MrEpicGoat

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: Saturday, October 18, 2014, 21:53:04 PM »
We're not trying to dumb down the game or ignore people and do what we want. We're trying to make the game better.

I really believe you have good intentions Spanky. But the outcome is telling different story.

Just look at this thread. You said some explanations. Killaman even admitted he is against it. You are good admins who can talk, discuss, and even admit to errors.

But the problem is Eliz. His mentality is "vote, then change". He is like a bot.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager