Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 23110 times)

Offline Saltuarius

Re: Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 14:26:46 PM »
ok so cheaters dont get a second chance, but what about unfair tweakers. for money a second chance?

another aspect i read here is the money earning itself. i think all money, which comes in, should be reinvested into the community. noone should earn any money...
the major aim should be to boost the community.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 14:34:57 PM »

Not sure if i'm understanding you correctly, but if it is what I think, like BF heroes style, where u can pay to customize yr guy, i don't feel like its a good idea

I don't see it as paying to costumise your character, I think Eliz means it as a little extra you get once you donate, you don't pay the money for the costumisation.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #62 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 14:36:01 PM »
ok so cheaters dont get a second chance, but what about unfair tweakers. for money a second chance?

another aspect i read here is the money earning itself. i think all money, which comes in, should be reinvested into the community. noone should earn any money...

To ''boost'' community isn't really easy. With specific aspects it would. The point is, I can't really see more disadvantages than advantages for letting everyone play (giving second chance) expect pit-23 and polllini. I mean, it might make people unhapppy but isn't this what we are looking for? the solution, the point, the try. Is it going to be so so so harmful if we actually tried. Would it be the ''World End''? The point is, no one is willing to give it, everyone has their own aspects and opinions. They can't be bothered listening and trying.

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 14:37:52 PM »

I agree with you, but if one took out like 5 bucks out of the common 'moneyjar' you wouldn't hear me complaining, as they put a lot of time, work and effort into this fantastic project.

Offline Alex

« Reply #64 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 14:47:38 PM »

All donations are put towards the server costs. Nobody is actually earning money off of Assist.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #65 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 14:49:28 PM »
I am very curious who hasn't hacked any kind of game or wanted to hack it for fun or to gain advantage. I would like to use this word a lot here.
Never hacked and never will. I play to have fun and do a little socializing with people met over the years. I am far from being a great or even very good player and I could care less. I am here to have some enjoyment. 
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 14:50:24 PM »
I like the number of zeroes after the dollar sign. Tell me more about where I can get in on this.
:sign_x2:
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 16:16:57 PM »
All donations are put towards the server costs. Nobody is actually earning money off of Assist.
Unfortunately, this is 100% true.

I will also say that hack coders ARE earning money off of destroying the game. Make much sense?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 16:17:55 PM »
Never hacked and never will. I play to have fun and do a little socializing with people met over the years. I am far from being a great or even very good player and I could care less. I am here to have some enjoyment.

Amen to that,

Forgot to say play to get away from the old ladie,why some women don't understand we use this game to get  relief from stress and have fun  :D:makemyday:

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 16:28:09 PM »
I don't see it as paying to costumise your character, I think Eliz means it as a little extra you get once you donate, you don't pay the money for the costumisation.
It's not donation anymore - it's a payment...

To ''boost'' community isn't really easy. With specific aspects it would. The point is, I can't really see more disadvantages than advantages for letting everyone play (giving second chance) expect pit-23 and polllini. I mean, it might make people unhapppy but isn't this what we are looking for? the solution, the point, the try. Is it going to be so so so harmful if we actually tried. Would it be the ''World End''? ...
... of course not, but most probably End of the Assist. For now, AA does not pay attention to what's happening with their game (to Assist, to what is doing this community...), but situation will change when - in one way or another - their game will be used to make money.

I will also say that hack coders ARE earning money off of destroying the game. Make much sense?
Once again: all hacks are for free. You can download from everywhere, you can compile yourself even they can teach you how to do it - all of this is for free.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline SASF-DarkShooter

• Respected Members
  • Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 16:47:41 PM »
It's not donation anymore - it's a payment...
... of course not, but most probably End of the Assist. For now, AA does not pay attention to what's happening with their game (to Assist, to what is doing this community...), but situation will change when - in one way or another - their game will be used to make money.
Once again: all hacks are for free. You can download from everywhere, you can compile yourself even they can teach you how to do it - all of this is for free.
You're wrong about the free hacks, there are several hacks, like Shadowbot which had a private version. I know for a fact that -{DG}-Crusade earned money of those, also the creater of ultimatemod btw.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 19:24:02 PM »
You're wrong about the free hacks, there are several hacks, like Shadowbot which had a private version. I know for a fact that -{DG}-Crusade earned money of those, also the creater of ultimatemod btw.

Yep and then the UnrealBot subscription is a monthly fee I believe. There's plenty of others as well. Yes there are some tutorials but AA isn't very popular and most of the public tutorials and example scripts are detected.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Dialects

« Reply #72 on: Thursday, November 14, 2013, 23:59:21 PM »
Personally, I would much rather see the whole community coming together before taking any money in. For instance, any one of our current fórum members could have suggested hosting a server through Assist (local host) and make his a community-server just as it is has been discussed before. Clans that own two or more servers could have done the same. In fact, even clans that own one sole server could easily turn it into a "Community Server" by giving respectable members the ability to monitor the server and add-in a higher level of map/gameplay dynamism to them.

This is what would make the most sense to me. To see that the community has drive and is self-initiative. Only then, would I consider money to be a logical follow-up towards reviving the game and growing a larger userbase. Additionally, it is not like we're (the Devs/Admins) professionals that are giving up incredible amount of their time freely. Most of us are either taking this project and learning along with it, building their own portfolio or simply keeping curiosity at bay --at least this is how I see it.

Lastly, I have no intention of neglecting any suggestion that comes my way, especially the ones from the community. If anything, I try to discuss them further to a point where I'm confortable with the integrity and level of polishment of the idea itself. It may take longer, it may bring more headaches but it will also grow in maturity and integrity.

/Dan
« Last Edit: Friday, November 15, 2013, 00:01:36 AM by Mikawe »
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline Ganja

« Reply #73 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 08:05:39 AM »
Personally, I would much rather see the whole community coming together before taking any money in. For instance, any one of our current fórum members could have suggested hosting a server through Assist (local host) and make his a community-server just as it is has been discussed before. Clans that own two or more servers could have done the same. In fact, even clans that own one sole server could easily turn it into a "Community Server" by giving respectable members the ability to monitor the server and add-in a higher level of map/gameplay dynamism to them.

This is what would make the most sense to me. To see that the community has drive and is self-initiative. Only then, would I consider money to be a logical follow-up towards reviving the game and growing a larger userbase. Additionally, it is not like we're (the Devs/Admins) professionals that are giving up incredible amount of their time freely. Most of us are either taking this project and learning along with it, building their own portfolio or simply keeping curiosity at bay --at least this is how I see it.

+1 !

I tried to put a SS but seems like I failed. On the SS you see 50 players ingame. 1 Hospital server (Bangers club) is full. There are admins there but they are very friendly, and never seen them kick anyone for bs reason. And then you had 1 Ht player on Ht hospital, 1 ATAS on ATAS hospital and 1 hun on Hun hospital. That's what the community still looks like, kinda sad, just wanted to share this

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #74 on: Friday, November 15, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »
Eh, out of words to be honest. Someone else could try something because I have an empty head. I think I have put all my suggestions and options for the course to be accomplished. I don't agree with more cause than good. I think it's pretty clear that the suggestion with giving second chance is just an option of ''trying'' and running servers with assist is actually even a better idea than making other companies earn money and make their business even more entitled than it is now. But I can't say anything and I can't decide anything, its up to Assist team.

I think it's pretty clear that, let's say ''Majority of Forum Users'' don't agree with it. I have nothing to say in this topic anymore unless I think of anything else. I am proud of giving some suggestions and making forum active by discussing the importance of the assist and its team.

I sum everything up from admins point of view, so it's clear:

I have made suggestions towards helping assist. I have agreed with options 1 and 2.
3 is kinda hard and I understand that but all together it is thinkable of something in the future.
Option 4, 5 and 6 is not for agreement within assist. For couple things, because it has apparently more ''disadvantages'' than ''advantages'', it will not improve player base, banned or people who broke a rule will no be willing to pay, it will make unhappy atmosphere in the forum and in the game which will make players leave the game, the Tag option is not agreed because it will attract more second chance users which would be a ''disaster'' in making other clean players leave. Okay.

I sum everything up from my point of view, so it's clear:

I agree on 1,2,3 but disagree with options 4,5 and 6.

Well because there are really no more ''disadvantages'' than ''advantages''. It will improve the player base by at least 20+, just look at the banned players, count them up and sum how many players could come back with second chance of being a nice and fair people. What would happen if they are not nice..., well the second chance is taken from them forever and they stay banned forever. Banned people will be willing to pay if it was even an $100. Do you know why? Because there are  quite a lot of banned users following this game and to play this game they love they would. It won't make unhappy atmosphere if you keep everything privacy, if you hate keeping privacy from forum users then please why you have admins section where you guys talk about anything, discussing anything and so on. We barely know whats happening there, how many private stuff you keeping from us right now? If it would make unhappy, well they would just keep playing if they love this game, I am not saying to suicide but a ''TRY'' would not harm anyone. I offered Tag and probably have to agree with admins there, not worth doing it. You can't be sure of anything, I can't be sure of everything if no one is willing to try.

So, you guys want to boost community and make community together. Well that's not impossible but it may be success someday..., do you know why its not impossible right now?, because we all have different personalities and we're going to find something untolerated that we will hate. If you don't give a second chance on the forum, then there is no hope. Lets not even talk about forgiveness and lets not talk about second chance, because on this forum and this game there is none of it. I see on this forum, selfishness, licking asses, scared to do a mistake, scared to say something bad because there is no self opinion, all I see is agreeing, staff agreeing with each other, there is no self opinion because you all support your team members or your ''internet'' friends. I loved ''Kilaman's'' reply. He has told another ''staff member'' to be more quiet in other sense, he explained and teached MIKAWE and supported me for helping assist. He agreed with my opinion on MIKAWE's smart language, which I must say and pull my head down for him typing simple language, it is much better and for himself I think it's better too. I think most users are just reading comments and seeing more support on one thing, which makes them decide over everything. Admins (ELIZ) etc gives no second chance because ''Hackers pay cheats not them'' which I gave solution before, because they work for free for keeping the game alive where hackers destroying it...wait what?, so why moan when you ''DO'' this for free? why just not make this game payable to play;), and in other words there are no second chances for them. They see one chance which is not even humanistic. With that I will finish saying, the best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up and a ''try'' is all i am asking for.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 15, 2013, 12:03:38 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager