Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 22991 times)

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

Suggestions
« on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 15:55:58 PM »
1.Insert polls into assist and make sure players can vote even using BT account.

2.Make sure the final decisions are made with the full ''Majority'' of voters.

3.Delete and remove multiple accounts on the forum. (including permanent banned accounts.)

4.Charge a fee of cash for cheaters/hackers or other kind of distribution action players for their second chance, this way you would get wanted donations.

5.Watch list them, keep eye on them so they don't brake any kind of rule of advantage.

6.People do make mistakes and I think they should be punished. But they should be forgiven and given the opportunity for a second chance. We are human beings.

Oh well, I take criticism.

Offline alechko1

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 16:17:20 PM »

4.Charge a fee of cash for cheaters/hackers or other kind of distribution action players for their second chance, this way you would get wanted donations.

5.Watch list them, keep eye on them so they don't brake any kind of rule of advantage.

6.People do make mistakes and I think they should be punished. But they should be forgiven and given the opportunity for a second chance. We are human beings.

Oh well, I take criticism.

This is isn't a freaking church here. They can go confess there. Here, there should be no forgivness. It was discussed so many times, so just leave it.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 16:24:57 PM »

:

Again this bs?

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #3 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 16:50:52 PM »
This is isn't a freaking church here. They can go confess there. Here, there should be no forgivness. It was discussed so many times, so just leave it.

I am just helping you to understand that you're a human being.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #4 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 16:59:22 PM »
I am just helping you to understand that you're a human being.

It's not as if a perma ban would end their life ... they can live without a 2nd chance

Offline Carmy

• Gurls
    • View Profile
  • AA: C@rmy
« Reply #5 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 17:05:32 PM »
Just ban there ass and delete there account! End it there!!!

Offline Dialects

« Reply #6 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 17:23:22 PM »
1.Insert polls into assist and make sure players can vote even using BT account.

3.Delete and remove multiple accounts on the forum. (including permanent banned accounts.)

Point 1 & 2 are being addressed in the upcoming release/update of Assist - AST8. This release will be major in many ways and it will include several changes to the current version. New maps will be added, a new skin will be implemented and several other features such as headlines, news, polls as well as further added functionality will be included.

Point 3 is slightly harder to deal with. Multiple accounts are hard to trace with SMF. If there were an option to simply look for accounts sharing the same IP, it'd make keeping the userbase clean a lot easier. I will be looking at this, though.

Point 4, 5 & 6 are, as much as relativeness of the subject allows, heavily permit on one's own opinion and perspective on the matter of hacking and the consequences therein implicit. It is a tedious concept to grasp in terms of actual viable consequences to the community and to our current userbase as it is distinctively dubious if a humanitarian perspective is to be taken. I enjoy that people are willing to give this subject a chance for debate though I am faced with the need to emphasise that such discussion must take a greater level of depth and mature vision from its participants or else it will remain just a battle of self-generated opinions.

/Dan
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 17:32:53 PM »

1. Agree, but don't try to force people - remember, free will...
4. Maybe public works..? (:D) Seriously: I don't think this forum is able to accept something like this - here is zero tolerance...

7. More stricter forum rules (no swearing, respect etc.).

To help abide by the rules, should be implemented something like 'Warnings':
- second offense = expulsion for a specified time.
- third offense = ban forever.

Maybe then the members of this forum will behave like adults.
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Offline ~=W!CK!D=~

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 17:50:21 PM »
Assist has went through great lengths keeping kiddie noob cheaters out, no dam way they should be given a second chance here

Case closed

Offline Dialects

« Reply #9 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 18:03:52 PM »
Free will is just another way of enforcement. A middle ground between the two is ideal: Install a poll system and make it noticeable but allow players to ignore it. This will force them to know and be aware of the ongoings of Assist and AAO but not force them to take initiative and/or be involved with it at all.

4. Maybe public works..? ( :D ) Seriously: I don't think this forum is able to accept something like this - here is zero tolerance...
If you take the time to look back you'll find that we've grown considerably from a zero-tolerance policy. If you bring valid arguments and construct your posts to represent fully in accordance with your thoughts, we'll always be considerate of what's presented in it and take it up to discussion.

I am of the opinion implementing such rigid rules will, quite on the contrary, make us out to be some sort of zero-tolerance nazi-oriented Administrators/Mods. The members of this forum needn't rules to behave like adults. They simply need to want to behave like adults.

/Dan
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 18:08:43 PM »
4. Maybe public works..? (:D) Seriously: I don't think this forum is able to accept something like this - here is zero tolerance...

Maybe then the members of this forum will behave like adults.

No swearing cause adults don't use swear words?

We are all adults here...

Offline Bart!

« Reply #11 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 18:26:32 PM »
I agree with Mikawe, I think stricter rules will not help. What I usually do is remove unrelated and unnecesary posts from topics and lock topics only if I think keeping them open will just cause people to repeat the same things over and over again, which is a waste of time.

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #12 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 18:33:30 PM »
Since admins complain about no donations for the project i thought it is a great idea to take them from hackers or cheaters OR rule breakers as they get a second chance and as they wouldn't pay for cheats but pay for the assist to play, they would also have fresh start. I mean if a fee is high and a person pays that fee, he is adorably going to be fair and not waste bucks to try and cheat since he paid money to play. It would be a suicide, like throwing money in the bin.

1-2 It fells good when the discussion is taken and it is on the update. We need to see if it will work or not, and of course the poll should be visible to everyone. Of course, no forcing but just to let them choose a faster and easier option on voting. I mean most of the users here don't play the game or plays sometimes. They should have easier access like assist poll.

3 What about if the forum names is connected to assist. I mean it could be the same BT name to forum name, connected, i think this way you would also know the needed information to deal with the current issues on how to track multiple users. Just an idea but of course I know it is hard in this situation.

4,5,6 I don't know how to express in greater level of constructive build up. There are good things about it and bad things. It seems that nobody really wants to go into discussion, I don't see much from admins on this. What I just offered was a donation money they could possibly earn. Since you guys do it for free and people can play it for free, you think people will donate? I don't see why there is a donation button when only admins pay from their own money to pay for domain and so on. You would give Cons for both sides.

1. You earn money. It would give more ideas of developing into a richer project.
2. Rule breakers have second chance, better player base and maybe I don't know a Tag lets say. Even tho people with the previous history tag playing in the server, server admins should obey the same rules as to the normal player unless server admin sees proof of him/her hacking or cheating.

And about swearing, we know we won't fix that. It's impossible and we shouldn't even speak about it, we all swear either if it was outside internet or inside internet.

Offline Mixk

« Reply #13 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 18:33:42 PM »

That's right all adults and as a general rule of thumb there are certain words used here that if used in a business or gatherings or whatever would get you swiftly removed from said places and used in wrong way or context could wind your butt up in front of a judge.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Offline NoBigDeal

• Loyal Member
  • Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday, November 11, 2013, 18:37:21 PM »
Free will is just another way of enforcement. A middle ground between the two is ideal: Install a poll system and make it noticeable but allow players to ignore it. This will force them to know and be aware of the ongoings of Assist and AAO but not force them to take initiative and/or be involved with it at all.
'Sorry' - didn't know, that further explanations are necessary...

If you take the time to look back you'll find that we've grown considerably from a zero-tolerance policy. If you bring valid arguments and construct your posts to represent fully in accordance with your thoughts, we'll always be considerate of what's presented in it and take it up to discussion.
:poorguy: Yeah, sure... What else..? People here are deaf to the arguments.

I am of the opinion implementing such rigid rules will, quite on the contrary, make us out to be some sort of zero-tolerance nazi-oriented Administrators/Mods. The members of this forum needn't rules to behave like adults. They simply need to want to behave like adults.
'need to want' ..? What is this? Anarchist theory..? Look around you, everything is based on the rules. This is a basic feature of society based on law. If you can't understand that, then I can't help you - nobody can...
As for tolerance, in quote above you've said, that you're already zero-tolerance nazi-oriented - so, these two opinions are contradictory...

...especially you...

I agree with Mikawe, I think stricter rules will not help. What I usually do is remove unrelated and unnecesary posts from topics and lock topics only if I think keeping them open will just cause people to repeat the same things over and over again, which is a waste of time.
Yeah, I saw that - after twenty off topic posts. You need to work more on this... Two more Admins and situation didn't change.
« Last Edit: Monday, November 11, 2013, 18:40:49 PM by NoBigDeal »
What if you could change the world by changing your perspective of it?
Would you?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager