Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Spawn points Monkey Island  (Read 7870 times)

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
Spawn points Monkey Island
« on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 13:21:43 PM »
Is it possible to random chance spawn point Monkey Island its now constantly  spawn North for assault east.
West is oke they start in the middle, I wood be great if west don know were ennemy is starting from. :up:

the other south site really not used and is just as truly just as attractive as north.

Best wood be 2 randon spawn points  N/S  and W/E :up:
Also this map is best playeble in random all sniper weapons  m24,m82,spr,mos,svd,V. mode.
And possible sum objects in middle from map to hide!

« Last Edit: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 13:55:04 PM by Vanoke »

Offline Ares

• View Profile
Re: Spawn points Monkey Island
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 13:57:48 PM »
Any map with snipers is a campfest, especially this one. Requires 0 skill to snipe on longrange maps and it will be so fucking boring on this map, it's a good map, would be better with m16 tho.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 14:09:34 PM »
That 1 meaning !  leds  try agan read 1 quote to make this map fun and more tensity THX!

Offline Alex

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 14:38:43 PM »
An interesting idea. Random spawns would definitely be doable and cool on Monkey Island, as well as other fixes. It would be a bit like Ranch, one team spawns in the middle and the other team has multiple places to spawn. I like that idea.  I'll look into this tonight.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 14:47:43 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 15:07:09 PM »
look also if you can to the line in the sky

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 15:28:33 PM »
look also if you can to the line in the sky

I've tried to fix that oodles of times. It's a problem with the skybox which makes it very pretty but adds crap like that. The sky is the inside of a box that's painted with images. You can see the same thing on mAAp Pipeline but just barely as I used some fog to cover it up.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 15:52:10 PM »
and also any chance to get honor points there, would be good.

Offline Southofheaven

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 17:01:59 PM »
and one obj should be great in thoose tents in the midlle.. i dont now if its possible..

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 22:17:48 PM »
I've tried to fix that oodles of times. It's a problem with the skybox which makes it very pretty but adds crap like that. The sky is the inside of a box that's painted with images. You can see the same thing on mAAp Pipeline but just barely as I used some fog to cover it up.
Same here. Might just add some clouds to the sky.

and one obj should be great in thoose tents in the midlle.. i dont now if its possible..
I'm probably going to rework the entire map, new objectives and everything. Terrain will stay the same though as I suck at dealing with terrain. :P

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 23:36:20 PM »
I'm probably going to rework the entire map, new objectives and everything. Terrain will stay the same though as I suck at dealing with terrain. :P

At least delete the grass. That stuff is so shitty. I think that was the first grass I ever made. It was like shoulder-height.

Offline Alex

« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 23:41:33 PM »
At least delete the grass. That stuff is so shitty. I think that was the first grass I ever made. It was like shoulder-height.
I actually kinda like the grass. It is definitely too tall though, but I'm not exactly familiar with the way you implemented it. I realize it's through the terrain decorations, but is there any way to scale back the mesh?

If you want to make some better grass for the map (preferably tall enough to cover while prone) that would be awesome. :P

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 23:45:32 PM »
I actually kinda like the grass. It is definitely too tall though, but I'm not exactly familiar with the way you implemented it. I realize it's through the terrain decorations, but is there any way to scale back the mesh?

If you want to make some better grass for the map (preferably tall enough to cover while prone) that would be awesome. :P
You can do it. I have confidence in you. It's a decolayer (there's probably 2 at least, 1 for the trees which should be deleted as I think you can walk through them... or did I already delete them?).

Just select it, do the usual F4, TerrainInfo, DecoLayer and choose (0) or (1) and there's scale options in there:

A lot of the options are self-explanatory. What you want is ScaleMultiplier. Have fun :)

Offline Alex

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 27, 2014, 23:50:28 PM »
You can do it. I have confidence in you. It's a decolayer (there's probably 2 at least, 1 for the trees which should be deleted as I think you can walk through them... or did I already delete them?).

Just select it, do the usual F4, TerrainInfo, DecoLayer and choose (0) or (1) and there's scale options in there:

A lot of the options are self-explanatory. What you want is ScaleMultiplier. Have fun :)
Thanks. As for the trees, yeah they're still there and walk through-able. I'm going to replace them with actual static meshes. The only thing I'm worried about would be the FPS hit on such a large map with no distance fog.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #13 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 01:25:23 AM »
The only thing I'm worried about would be the FPS hit on such a large map with no distance fog.

That's already an issue. Reason I don't like it. I think it's the map where my FPS get the lowest

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #14 on: Monday, April 28, 2014, 01:30:40 AM »
Ganja, it wouldn't be a problem if your pineapple of a computer could run MS-DOS and not shit itself.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager