Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Playermodels ruined  (Read 9557 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Playermodels ruined
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 13:43:55 PM »
its like asking: hey guys, do u want something new instead of old? of course...

People on AA tend to be conservatists, so i'd say of course not :D

Offline Alex

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 14:01:05 PM »
i dont think people realize, whats about in the poll.
its like asking: hey guys, do u want something new instead of old? of course...
How can people not realize what the poll is about? The poll is extremely straight forward. Do you think we should keep the new uniforms or not? That's about as straight forward as you can get.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 18:23:06 PM »
there are a lot of aspects in this matter, otherwise we wouldnt discuss it again. only ur straight forward question wont help ppl to make a fair vote. i think a bit more information should be provided and a link to the discussion.
otherwise it could be some of ganja's conservative populism going on.  :style:
sry i'm from switzerland, we have direct democracy. i'm an expert in voting...  :D

Offline Alex

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, April 06, 2014, 21:30:21 PM »
there are a lot of aspects in this matter, otherwise we wouldnt discuss it again. only ur straight forward question wont help ppl to make a fair vote. i think a bit more information should be provided
Like what? The topic is simple. Do they want to keep the new uniforms that were put in the game or not What other aspects do they need? Do you just want to try to convince them to not like the uniforms?
They're playing the game with the uniforms, they know everything there is to know about how they work right now (sometimes disappearing and stuff) what more do they need to know?

Offline Ganja

« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 04:19:34 AM »
what more do they need to know?

Into what it might change if there are enough votes?

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 05:25:16 AM »
Result of poll

Should we keep the ''New'' ACU uniforms?

Yes      214 (85.9%)   
No      35  (14.1%)

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 06:12:47 AM »
Thats a easy winner for yes with 85%

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 06:32:33 AM »
I actually voted No myself, but will respect the vote.

Offline Saltuarius

« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 07, 2014, 13:15:16 PM »
Like what? The topic is simple. Do they want to keep the new uniforms that were put in the game or not What other aspects do they need? Do you just want to try to convince them to not like the uniforms?
They're playing the game with the uniforms, they know everything there is to know about how they work right now (sometimes disappearing and stuff) what more do they need to know?

i think that only a few come here to these forums and read background information. there are also ppl that are new to the game. so u could provide it together with the poll to make people think and balance reasons before they vote.

for example why u even made the change, the history behind it. mapspecific pictures how it was before and how it looks now, with the critical aspects of snow maps, which was discussed here. u could mention the bugs, which came with.

information provides a fair vote, otherwise i assume u just want one kind of answers.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 08, 2014, 07:47:49 AM »
Wouldnt be the first time the US army sanctioned the wrong camo gear to it's troops. Or any army for that matter. It doesn't really matter tbh, it's easier to spot friendlies with this camo but im with Eliz on this one.

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 18:14:52 PM »
I actually voted No myself, but will respect the vote.

Do the option then. It's far too much of a chewing gum solution to be left as it is, if it can't be at least improved then an option is a must.

And of course there is the fact that many players would like the authentic 2.5 experience just like it was, if it is possible to make why the hell not give the option for us?
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 09, 2014, 18:17:54 PM by Leopardi »

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 01:35:44 AM »
While some people might want the 'authentic 2.5 experiene', it is probably not the majority. There have been numerous polls asking whether people want a change (such as shorter flash times for example) and the devs here have gone with the majority. Therefore the majority has wanted a change towards 2.8.5 style gameplay instead of the "authentic 2.5 experience".
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Leopardi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 06:05:29 AM »
While some people might want the 'authentic 2.5 experiene', it is probably not the majority. There have been numerous polls asking whether people want a change (such as shorter flash times for example) and the devs here have gone with the majority. Therefore the majority has wanted a change towards 2.8.5 style gameplay instead of the "authentic 2.5 experience".
Even if its not the majority. why not just add the option if its possible? And if people want 2.8.5, why are the flashes still nuclear flashes from 2.5?

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 07:09:01 AM »
They're not. Flash times are twice as short as they were in the original 2.5 (don't quote me on the exact amount, it's somewhere in these here forums, I can't be bothered to look for them though).
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Ganja

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 10, 2014, 07:54:49 AM »
Even if its not the majority. why not just add the option if its possible? And if people want 2.8.5, why are the flashes still nuclear flashes from 2.5?

Turn your back to a flash and it won't even affect you more than 2 seconds

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager