Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: MODS  (Read 14796 times)

Offline mamerize

• View Profile
Re: MODS
« Reply #45 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »
4th support here... like 20% of population now? :D.
Its been more than half year now... the numbers increased a little or still the same.
Open your eyes & wake up!..

Offline ELiZ

« Reply #46 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 10:19:28 AM »
I did not started this thread, its just what i think about that all....
and as i did say i will look at the logs, and i am sure that someting has changed, cause i didn't. and both of that kind of server stoped at the same time. this is not possible, truly not!

and as you do say the mods are still playable, please send me the link for a running ultimate mod.

thank you very much in advance - but dont say then there is no ultimate mod runnable .....

That was the author of the Mod that built in a callback(to his site), that had nothing to do with us.
When the author decided not to renew his domain, the mod stopped working.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #47 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 12:08:54 PM »
ok, thank you.
and the mod weapon picker is running again. I don't know why - I did NOT changed anything at my side, really not - promise.

but this thread is not about my error, right?  ;)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #48 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 12:10:37 PM »
What about a double tracker? Since assist is on his way to his own tracker, we could have one for normal gameplay and one for mods ==> everyone happy

Offline [.BB.]HigH-Time$

« Reply #49 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 14:54:10 PM »
thanks a lot ELIZ, didnt know your da man who made so much possibil.
i can imagin how much work it tookd to make aa25 playable as we want  it.
and you still working, without gettin payed. Thanks bro

maybe there is a way to put mods for downloading on aa25.
talking about somthing like official mods , no kindergardenstuff like fly or high jump. but that would be also ok to me cause if people want it and moding theyr server with , lets say HigH-JumP, then there can be just two things happening: people gonna play on the server "or" they dont play. but i cant imagin that somonw will stop playing the game cause some kids have fun on theyr server, i mean Guys, dont you try to tell me that all the thousends of players  stopd playing the game cause of modservers n stuff and now they will come back?!? so maybe the thousends of players where modplayers and now they dont come back cause there are no mods anymore...
nonsense,  the reason is there are better games and with modern gameplay and they are also free. i could post a long list of this games but you wont find aa25 in there, cause noone knows that we are still here, again, and free from MBS. ...hmm...i think i felt more free on MBS-times as i do now.  but the problem still is that we dont are listed on those lsts and forums. i can register on some sites and make some advertising, and so can we all. this is just one of many ways to bring people to the game. but some guys think that its better to bring the old players back(however this will look) as to get new And old players back to the game.
and IF a new player comes and plays at the moment he will have like 100  oldscoolplayers who  have years of practice and screeming NOOOOB  to them, lol, atleast not all are this way. some are realy supportiv to new players(if they would get an chance).

the long timeout killd the game and the missing adverts after the comeback dosnt make things better...
and after the comeback players found an downgradet game and lost the fun on playing. after a few weeks the game got more and more like the latest version (285) but without some little things, tiny little things, and after the radar was back i felt at home again. thanks again to ELIZ at this point.

With or without mods, the game will not grow without us making some advertising. and the people dont have to play on a moddet server if they dont want it anyway, but some noobadmins had no idea how to use mods and as they lost theyr players on an other server or clan, they started crying. now if the other had mods on the server, then the mods has to be the reason, says the noobadmin :) aaaha
so if im burgerking, and there is an macD next to me wich makes better burgers and the people buy them more as mine, then i burn down the macD . this will help. but i should have waited till all the customers left the macD cause now i have no enemy, but also no customers...

right?

:banned:

« Last Edit: Monday, March 24, 2014, 15:01:40 PM by [.BB.]HigH-Time$ »

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

« Reply #50 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 15:52:24 PM »
I admit that the game will get bored eventually if AAO developers don't bring any fun, no matter how much you love this game but everything being normal all the time is not fun, regular and often used gameplay is getting bored. Like i said many times, same maps, new maps...(never get played) and same strategy will get bored, especially for old players. For new players it would be just beginning but once they going to get used to it, they will get bored, not going to say anything anymore on this thread:) I don't support to bring back mods, but I think the game should have another half of the side of being fun and normal.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 24, 2014, 16:00:14 PM by ArmyAntiCheat »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #51 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 17:13:50 PM »
Like i said many times, same maps, new maps...(never get played) and same strategy will get bored, especially for old players.

Sadly this is not true. Old players have 5000 hours on one map and keep whoring it nowadays, they just dont care about the rest

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #52 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 17:15:52 PM »
I don't support to bring back mods ... :D
come on, do say the truth moron :)

@hightimes: do not step back

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #53 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 17:16:38 PM »
Sadly this is not true. Old players have 5000 hours on one map and keep whoring it nowadays, they just dont care about the rest

come on ganja, not true - and this you know :D

Offline Alex

« Reply #54 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 18:05:17 PM »
mods are not .exe files dumbo :)
ultimate.u
pickermain.u
..... and so on..
lol. I've seen a lot of people get kicked for mod .exe files in their game folders (i.e. weaponPicker.exe, ultimate.exe) stuff like that. I know next to nothing about unreal mods, which is why I started my last post with "I think." :P

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #55 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 18:22:16 PM »
lol. I've seen a lot of people get kicked for mod .exe files in their game folders (i.e. weaponPicker.exe, ultimate.exe) stuff like that. I know next to nothing about unreal mods, which is why I started my last post with "I think." :P

:)
then good they got a kick/ban.

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #56 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 19:15:21 PM »
Follow this link it gifs you a little fun in game, and it works honor to!!
http://aao25.com/forum/general-chat-90/random-gameplay-is-possible-in-forceclass/msg66738/#msg66738
ONe Wish Easy one.
And is spanky here !!   Noo Eliz make jump on border to 500 its now 450 its makes game in border better, Prone warning will warn players that try to shoot when jumping bunny style, we know that. thats good.

I vote on that.

AND   [.BB.]HigH-Time$   nice spoken  respect!!! :up:

thanks a lot ELIZ, didnt know your da man who made so much possibil.
i can imagin how much work it tookd to make aa25 playable as we want  it.
and you still working, without gettin payed. Thanks bro

maybe there is a way to put mods for downloading on aa25.
talking about somthing like official mods , no kindergardenstuff like fly or high jump. but that would be also ok to me cause if people want it and moding theyr server with , lets say HigH-JumP, then there can be just two things happening: people gonna play on the server "or" they dont play. but i cant imagin that somonw will stop playing the game cause some kids have fun on theyr server, i mean Guys, dont you try to tell me that all the thousends of players  stopd playing the game cause of modservers n stuff and now they will come back?!? so maybe the thousends of players where modplayers and now they dont come back cause there are no mods anymore...
nonsense,  the reason is there are better games and with modern gameplay and they are also free. i could post a long list of this games but you wont find aa25 in there, cause noone knows that we are still here, again, and free from MBS. ...hmm...i think i felt more free on MBS-times as i do now.  but the problem still is that we dont are listed on those lsts and forums. i can register on some sites and make some advertising, and so can we all. this is just one of many ways to bring people to the game. but some guys think that its better to bring the old players back(however this will look) as to get new And old players back to the game.
and IF a new player comes and plays at the moment he will have like 100  oldscoolplayers who  have years of practice and screeming NOOOOB  to them, lol, atleast not all are this way. some are realy supportiv to new players(if they would get an chance).

the long timeout killd the game and the missing adverts after the comeback dosnt make things better...
and after the comeback players found an downgradet game and lost the fun on playing. after a few weeks the game got more and more like the latest version (285) but without some little things, tiny little things, and after the radar was back i felt at home again. thanks again to ELIZ at this point.

With or without mods, the game will not grow without us making some advertising. and the people dont have to play on a moddet server if they dont want it anyway, but some noobadmins had no idea how to use mods and as they lost theyr players on an other server or clan, they started crying. now if the other had mods on the server, then the mods has to be the reason, says the noobadmin :) aaaha
so if im burgerking, and there is an macD next to me wich makes better burgers and the people buy them more as mine, then i burn down the macD . this will help. but i should have waited till all the customers left the macD cause now i have no enemy, but also no customers...

right?

:banned:

« Last Edit: Monday, March 24, 2014, 19:46:57 PM by Vanoke »

Offline [.BB.]HigH-Time$

« Reply #57 on: Monday, March 24, 2014, 19:58:10 PM »
 :cool:
thanks for your support Vanoke, and also to anyone else.

i already tested this exec tool 3days ago.

Report:
useless, cause it will work for just like 1 or 2 times, then Assist will kick you from the server, or totaly crashes the server. emptyed my full server.
then, after restarting assist the tool.exe will be autodeleted from army.systemfolder.
the downloaded scripts are 4000lines to long and lagg like 5 sec on low connections.
"................"

We talking about MODS, they come uploadet to the server.
but this tool is like an forceklasstool and its not even working.

also, an Admin has to push a butten evry round and if he leavs the party will end.

not what we looking for

btw, Spanky . we always used 460 as jumphight, works perfect on all maps and its realistik. it will give new possibilitis to the gameplay and will offer ways for new tatiks.
500 is too mutch, trust me bro ;)
Hooah.  :)
« Last Edit: Monday, March 24, 2014, 20:17:43 PM by [.BB.]HigH-Time$ »

Offline 82nd_DXO_COL=Shad

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 01:24:11 AM »
As the person that modified weaponpicker, I can confirm that as of right now it works - without honor of course.  My suspicion is that people (admins) voted out mods because they were tired of seeing people populate those servers vs coming to a regular (their) server.  Players, 'pro' or not, can always choose where they want to play.  Mods were not forced upon 'pro' players at all.  82nd's pipeline with weaponpicker was extremely popular.  We also ran regular servers.  Our only agenda was about seeing what players liked and had nothing to do with cheating the honor system.  I can see some truth in that 'pro' players were 'disappointed' with the mod players, and I think a bias exists here but really,  I think the 'pro' players were not willing to sit in a server and get it populated with other 'pro' players to keep their own servers populated.  Of course the players that liked the modded servers never got on here and voted on it, and so now you have this community, not a majority of players.  Which is fine I guess, since they're the ones actively keeping the game alive.  In the end, game/server popularity won't come from allowing or banning mods.  It comes down to having active, enjoyable admins manning the servers, which is why I think your idea of using a mod forceclassing for players isn't the best solution.  The best solution is to have admins in the server actively playing and doing this, and not all the time. 

Offline Alex

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 01:55:53 AM »
As the person that modified weaponpicker, I can confirm that as of right now it works - without honor of course.  My suspicion is that people (admins) voted out mods because they were tired of seeing people populate those servers vs coming to a regular (their) server.  Players, 'pro' or not, can always choose where they want to play.  Mods were not forced upon 'pro' players at all.  82nd's pipeline with weaponpicker was extremely popular.  We also ran regular servers.  Our only agenda was about seeing what players liked and had nothing to do with cheating the honor system.  I can see some truth in that 'pro' players were 'disappointed' with the mod players, and I think a bias exists here but really,  I think the 'pro' players were not willing to sit in a server and get it populated with other 'pro' players to keep their own servers populated.  Of course the players that liked the modded servers never got on here and voted on it, and so now you have this community, not a majority of players.  Which is fine I guess, since they're the ones actively keeping the game alive.  In the end, game/server popularity won't come from allowing or banning mods.  It comes down to having active, enjoyable admins manning the servers, which is why I think your idea of using a mod forceclassing for players isn't the best solution.  The best solution is to have admins in the server actively playing and doing this, and not all the time. 
Disabling tracking for modded servers wasn't about server population as much as it was about how you can easily use a mod to abuse the stat system. While it's true that some people were frustrated with the popularity of the ridiculous "pick a weapon" servers (including myself), the decision was ultimately done to protect the integrity of the stats system.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager