Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Just wanted to say thanks!  (Read 6170 times)

Offline The Mentalist

Just wanted to say thanks!
« on: Friday, April 03, 2015, 11:17:32 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks to all the Assist admins and all the server-admins that do there best to keep this game alive for as long as possible.  :up:

Hooah!  :style:

It doesn't all have to be complaints and whining!  ;)

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
Re: Just wanted to say thanks!
« Reply #1 on: Friday, April 03, 2015, 13:38:54 PM »
Someone is grateful  :D
Me too actually - I still wanna play this when I am 70  :shock:
At the moment I got the feeling the community is declining

Lord-of-War  :makemyday:

"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Friday, April 03, 2015, 23:21:16 PM »
Thanks for playing the game.  :up:

Offline voras

• View Profile
  • AA: voras
« Reply #3 on: Friday, April 03, 2015, 23:47:04 PM »
I want say too thx to admins, but i have sugestion to remove chat box from assist..too much bad discusions there, who want chat can always go to aa25.com. and nabody whoo open assist  can goin to game,  don't see this bads chats. We can make pool about it

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 01:36:36 AM »
Im also really thankfull that assist kept AA alive :)
At the moment im really busy irl so sadly no playtime for me lately...

And yes i vote for cancelling the shoutbox, way to much bs and bad things beeing "discussed" it makes the community look bad and maybe chase away new guys.

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 01:45:44 AM »
Ty Bolie you writte better about remove. My english not very good, so your message will understand better:D

Offline The Mentalist

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 03:14:49 AM »
I'm not a fan of removing the shoutbox. But it would help if it gets moderated. Basicly, every negative message => delete.

Offline Alex

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 03:17:47 AM »
I'm not a fan of removing the shoutbox. But it would help if it gets moderated. Basicly, every negative message => delete.
The problem with that is that there isn't an admin here all the time. We have real life stuff to do we can't watch the SB all the time.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 04:20:24 AM »
It doesn't all have to be complaints and whining!  ;)
NOOOO!! :D
The problem with that is that there isn't an admin here all the time. We have real life stuff to do we can't watch the SB all the time.
And to be honest there's usually so man shouts I cba to scroll down to check 'em all...
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 07:12:29 AM »
Were all greatfull all the assault men and all the campers. :)
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Offline Nip!

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 11:16:52 AM »
NOOOO!! :DAnd to be honest there's usually so man shouts I cba to scroll down to check 'em all...

"I cba to scroll down to check 'em all" then someone clearly needs to replace you who is willing to do such a job mate, shows that you give 0 fucks.

on-topic, Thx guys ;)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 13:20:57 PM »
but I am wondering a bit now. you did say you make a server to play on other maps....
and now I see your server on hospital most of the time :) - welcome to the club :D

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 13:26:33 PM »
"I cba to scroll down to check 'em all" then someone clearly needs to replace you who is willing to do such a job mate, shows that you give 0 fucks.

on-topic, Thx guys ;)

I can understand why you feel that is wrong, but ive used to be a moderator here (quite long ago) and i can tell you it's not easy, deleting messages is often counter-effective (it's frustrating for the mods and for the people that gets their messages deleted) and , theorically speaking and convincing the people which are mostly known and active for misbehaving and disrespecting should be the way, but some are so stubborn that they can't be helped and have to be kept away from the forum, both for their and everyone else's good, so they have some time to think and eventually learn to act somewhat better (maybe this could explain why i might have seemed so "harsh" to push the evidence of misbehavior against some people - as ArmyAntiCheat). I don't take parts, ive even banned Spanky for a week in the past :P check the forums user bans thread.

Offline Alex

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 15:56:48 PM »

on-topic, Thx guys ;)
We're not here to babysit the shoutbox. That's not why admins are selected and that's not our primary jobs. Suggesting that he should be replaced because he doesn't want to comb through hundreds of stupid shouts is a bit ridiculous. I know Eliz "gives 0 fucks" about the SB, do you think he should be replaced as well?

Offline voras

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 04, 2015, 16:04:52 PM »
yeah it must be removed... this dont have control.. and not necesary, make a lot of ppl enemys... in old times no was sb and all was happy... we admins on our servers can mute or ban for something bad.. so no need this

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager