Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Poll

Would you like to see AA3 maps in Assist?

Yes, I am ok with downloading 250MB+
1668 (83.7%)
No
325 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: AA3 Maps Discussion  (Read 19462 times)

Offline noobslayer

Re: AA3 Maps Discussion
« Reply #60 on: Sunday, October 06, 2013, 15:58:33 PM »
i want Call of Duty:Ghosts maps in AA2.5, that possible? thxxx duuud i roxx @cod!

Everybody, one day will die, and be forgetten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun, fuck a mundane predictable life working monday to friday with something you derive no pleasure from; just living life out till you grow old and wither away. Find a passion, form relationships, dont be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks, trust me its alot more fun that way.

Dont ever pay people out or put people down. Instead just put yourself up and let the haters do their thing. Id rather be a person thats hated on, than a person that does the hating. A wise man one said...

Offline zombax

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, October 09, 2013, 17:50:27 PM »
I think it will bring some action in the game, some new maps will be played during a month maybe less...
Then most people will go back to hospital and classic pipeline. So I voted YES. About AAO25 visibility, could'nt some more be done? Like facebook ads or some shit to attract new players. I think its a serious subject if you want the game to survive longer. Good communication (and its cost?) with persuasive message like its a light, free program, could help alot.

Offline Darthviox

• Don't forget to reload.
    • View Profile
  • AA: Darthviox
« Reply #62 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 06:42:17 AM »
Alright so basically if adding the new maps into 2.8.5, 2.8.5 will still have its feel, yes? Everything will still be the same? Only difference will be the equipment, gear, maps, etc? By doing so though, will this slow down players like myself who do not have the greatest PC around?

-Darth
« Last Edit: Friday, November 29, 2013, 06:47:45 AM by Darthviox »
Hate the sin, love the sinner.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #63 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 06:50:41 AM »
The only thing they're doing is adding the maps from AA3, to this version (which is 2.5 btw), without any new weapons or equipment.

There will be no new engine coming with these maps, nor any considerable new graphics (maybe some little elements, but nothing major).

It won't slow down anyone's game as the admins here are working hard to keep the maps as light as they possibly can for the computer to handle.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #64 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 11:21:37 AM »
Teddy knows. The AA3 maps aren't really that demanding. The engine makes a big difference, on AA3 there's per-pixel lighting everywhere and advanced particles and features that had to be removed from the maps in order to convert them. I have a 5 year old GPU and I'm satisfied with the FPS on the maps.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Darthviox

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 14:45:49 PM »
The only thing they're doing is adding the maps from AA3, to this version (which is 2.5 btw), without any new weapons or equipment.

There will be no new engine coming with these maps, nor any considerable new graphics (maybe some little elements, but nothing major).

It won't slow down anyone's game as the admins here are working hard to keep the maps as light as they possibly can for the computer to handle.

Well that's good, just making sure. :D

Teddy knows. The AA3 maps aren't really that demanding. The engine makes a big difference, on AA3 there's per-pixel lighting everywhere and advanced particles and features that had to be removed from the maps in order to convert them. I have a 5 year old GPU and I'm satisfied with the FPS on the maps.

Oh really? Yeah, when I try to play AA3 on my laptop its impossible lol. I can run it on the lowest settings pretty much but its hard to play that one.

-Darth

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #66 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 15:03:53 PM »
Oh really? Yeah, when I try to play AA3 on my laptop its impossible lol. I can run it on the lowest settings pretty much but its hard to play that one.

-Darth

I'll upload a video for you. I just played 3 maps at 1680x1050 with full settings on a 9500GT WHILE recording full-scale FRAPS and got around 30FPS on the maps. There's probably more optimization to do but I think it's good enough for a test.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #67 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 17:15:14 PM »
Here's the video:

Be sure to play it at the highest quality and take a look at the FPS counter.

Offline Darthviox

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 17:38:30 PM »
I'll upload a video for you. I just played 3 maps at 1680x1050 with full settings on a 9500GT WHILE recording full-scale FRAPS and got around 30FPS on the maps. There's probably more optimization to do but I think it's good enough for a test.

Oh yeah man! That looks good still. Without FRAPS you're probably running around 50fps?

-Darth

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #69 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 17:43:34 PM »
Oh yeah man! That looks good still. Without FRAPS you're probably running around 50fps?

-Darth

I honestly didn't check without FRAPS, I started recording as soon as the game started and stopped when I closed it.

Offline Darthviox

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Friday, November 29, 2013, 17:45:13 PM »
I honestly didn't check without FRAPS, I started recording as soon as the game started and stopped when I closed it.

Lol. Yeah but with your graphics card you shouldn't ever have any problems.  :up:

Offline Ganja

« Reply #71 on: Saturday, November 30, 2013, 06:06:02 AM »
Here's the video:

It's a little bit off topic, but I always wondered why the sounds were so high on this game.
If you look at 1:01 of your video, this sounds like there's an elephant walking there, there's no way you can hear someone so loud in real life. I guess I won't complain about that, or I will be even more hated by the community :)

Offline Sherrif

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 11:16:05 AM »
Will the airfield map that was added to aao3 be included in this because i would be interested in seeing that put in it would be awesome.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 11:20:16 AM »
Will the airfield map that was added to aao3 be included in this because i would be interested in seeing that put in it would be awesome.

Yes, Eliz is working on it ;)

Offline Bart!

« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 12:23:06 PM »
It will be as close to that map as possible

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager