Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: a new Revolution (dicussion about SF forceclass)  (Read 33706 times)

Offline ArmyAntiCheat

Re: a new Revolution
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:16:04 PM »
Lets just say he made a poll, result is 60%says no to tracked mods and 40%says yes ....so no mods tracked, but wouldnt that still unfair to the other 40%??

Of course it would be, that's another discussion, best is simply to see the results :)

Offline Ganja

« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:17:49 PM »
The reason i & maybe the more played BF beacuse we can choose any option of guns.

And that's the very reason this game isn't called Battlefield or Call Of Duty. Each game has his characteristics, and I'm sorry to say but high jumps, rocket ammo etc sound more as Call Of Duty to me. AA doesn't have the reputation to be such a game, so why change it now?

Offline [K][K].187

« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:18:01 PM »

And btw for those who remember, the game became also very boring when the weaponpicker was around on every populated servers ...

I think i played 2.8.5 the last 6 months it was active and recall more then weapon pick.   Always many to choose from cuz i hated pick weapon to  because every noob picked rpg or gp ,  well any way .   

Offline darksoul__

• The most powerful weapon on earth is the HumanSoul
    • View Profile
  • AA: [K][K].Soul
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:18:20 PM »
Yes I remember very well, but you understand me wrong. I could still have the same fun from time to time on modded servers and still don't need them to be tracked. All I hear from you guys is "fun, fun, fun" but what it really sounds like is "stats, stats, stats".

if you think I do this for the stats thAn you know me so little, you of all people should know that i dont Give a rats ass about stats lol...i want them to be tracked so that people have a fair chance of chosing their Server, and having mods tracked, looks like a fair deal...

Offline Alex

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:22:29 PM »
Then we will have a happy family, where no side loses anything.
Everybody loses a legitimate tracker.
You keep talking about choice, but you can still play on modded servers. The choice is still there. It wasn't taken away.

Offline darksoul__

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:25:18 PM »
Everybody loses a legitimate tracker.
You keep talking about choice, but you can still play on modded servers. The choice is still there. It wasn't taken away.
oh yes it was, you know when? When u guys track normal and dont track mods...why cant You understand this?

Offline Alex

« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:27:24 PM »
oh yes it was, you know when? When u guys track normal and dont track mods...how cant understand this?
I don't think you understand. You can still run a modded server and it still shows up in the Assist server browser. Players can still play on it with you. Therefore you can still choose to play on a modded server or not.
This isn't about choice. It's about you wanting modded stats to count towards your tracker.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:29:34 PM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:27:47 PM »
I think i played 2.8.5 the last 6 months it was active and recall more then weapon pick.   Always many to choose from cuz i hated pick weapon to  because every noob picked rpg or gp ,  well any way .   

I was talking far after that, when 2.8.5 was long gone. Weapon Pick servers on Assist were fking horrible, and it was all there was at some point, which really made some players quit.

Now I've said all I wanted to say, hope u will understand at least some of my arguments

Offline [K][K].187

« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:30:23 PM »
Having a tracked mod server is about bringing the FUN AND PLAYERS back .
Theres nothing negative to come to have a server modded tracked . 

Some mention stats will show wrong or wont be right etc , but this is 1 thing we do not care about .
BASICALLY only way i can say it is , we are not looking for a modded server to be tracked so we can raise honor or raise kills or points , BUT to have tracked server so MORE PLAYERS COME BACK and even the players now stay on FC servers because they are tracked now ,  just so hard to explain with out repeating what others have said already .
Yes some players play for fair game for stats only well , they can choose to play on others servers just like mod players are being forced to do now. 
I think these guys are trying to have servers tracked again for the fun of game and the chance that modded or FC players come back to play assist.

More players the better .      We lost mods   then we lost players    simple knowledge

Offline darksoul__

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:35:53 PM »

We lost mods   then we lost players    simple knowledge
this is exactly What happened, people got bored of the game and left, i was one of them...lol ask everyone on AA bridge about me...they always say Why u leave after a short time...now they all know Why, because its Boring as F..

Offline darksoul__

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:38:04 PM »
this is exactly What happened, people got bored of the game and left, i was one of them...lol ask everyone on AA bridge about me...they always say Why u leave after a short time...now they all know Why, because its Boring as F..(Im talking about now, only reason i play, is for the love of the game, for my clanmates and friends)

Offline [K][K].187

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:38:40 PM »
I don't think you understand. You can still run a modded server and it still shows up in the Assist server browser. Players can still play on it with you. Therefore you can still choose to play on a modded server or not.
This isn't about choice. It's about you wanting modded stats to count towards your tracker.
This is the only thing you can come up with is changing our words or putting words in our mouth .
No where does it say we want tracked for the better of US ,  its so the players that play now will actually play kn ghe server  just because it shows up online doesnt fix the problem, the ones who care about kills points etc  wont play or stay cuz its not tracked.  Its simple to understand
tracked mods for fun and also lets stat players play the servers and have fun at same time.
also having modded servers will bring some players back once they know they exist and are tracked .

Its all about the fun of the game and being able to play with other weapons at the same time allowing stat people to play with the non stat people and everyone is happy.

Not that it matters now about server chose cuz someone killed the game .       

Now can it be fixed
Hope my last 2 posts were explained well   plus im mobile

Offline HANG_JEBAT

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 21:59:52 PM »
The facts, lots of modded lovers like to be tracked same as normal lovers. When tracking was removed, they left they game. For them its a reward when playing the games, like others game too. Lets say, we removed tracking on normal, normal players will left the games. It's vice versa. Keep the both we gains. Or Just remove that's trackers normal & modded.. I bet K/D ratio whores will cries. Lets face the world.. u like it.. the others don't. U said BMW car was awesome, others think its ugly. Well.. they can choose what they want. In community should be a win-win situation which doesn't happen here. Admin should try to propose something if they don't like mods. Example: We allowed mods.. kills allowed (for K/D whores). But no point for honor gains. or only a few mods allowed such as weapon pick, random, etc. We not allowed extreme mods: High Jump, m9 rpg bullets, etc. Lets get to the same page that make everyone enjoy the games.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 02:07:41 AM »
First of all, since I read 4 pages of this thread, some of the things I'll be saying will reference posts many pages back and I'm sorry for that, buy I like to sleep at night rather than read all the drama on the forums.

@AAC, you're saying you didn't see anyone complaining on FC/modded servers when they were allowed. Well then you must have been blind. I saw it constantly.

@Soul, you said the majority of people likes mods, how can you possibly know that? Have you run a poll within players? I seriously doubt that. This is just your subjective opinion.

When you guys are talking about "allowing mod x and not allowing mod y", I don't think you understand that it doesn't work that way. If we were to allow a mod, it will most likely have all the possibilities, including 100 points for kills and so forth.
Besides, even if we were to only allow FC mods to be fully counted, the next thing that would be asked would be some other weird thing that was never supposed to be in the game. Where does it end?
We need to draw a line somewhere and we have done so.

All in all what really baffels me is the fact that everyone throws around the word "fun" when talking about modded servers, yet they still think it needs to be tracked. If people played just for fun, they wouldn't care about their tracker. And if they don't care about tracker, there should be no problem playing on modded servers right now.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline -Vegeta-

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Vegeta
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, February 12, 2015, 04:37:59 AM »
Like I said already no one read the OP properly and quoyed what he said. Eliz misquoted sSoul twice and never responded yet. Why? The ones who dont agree with soul are also adding in tthings soul never said. And the ones who agree with Soul are also adding in stuff Soul never said. Then the ones who dont agree are quoting what soul never said again. What a shamles of a dicussion.
His question is really simple. It breacks down to this. He wants modded servers tracked because He and I and many others no . There are a  players want to play modded servers but dont becaue they are not tracked. Every time I went into DO Not and Friends it ended up full. There would be more of this type of server getting filled if they were tracked. That is what Soul is saying. The biggest losers would be normal weapon server admins. That are useully full because the 1 like bridge and 2 want traked. And these are exactly the reason you changed it back to please two or three server admin. Give them the vote Spankeys awfull quite?
Words are great possed but the tune is crap. A condeming fear strikes down
Things they cannot understand. An excuse to cover up weaknesses that lie within Lies
Laying your guilt and pain. On people that had no part in the molding of a life
That creates its destruction. Lies. Right before your very eyes
A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny. Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment
Reaching into the minds of those that created. The depression in which they
In which they drowned their flesh and blood. Lies. So easy to blame the
Everlasting fear on a pathetic attempt. To justify the ending of life. Lies
Right before your very eyes. A reflection of the mistakes. To the end you will deny
Your part in the demise of a life
Lack of comprehension. Thriving on your cliche. Compelled by self-resentment

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager