Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: PB Logs ignoreing MD5  (Read 4129 times)

Jonnym

PB Logs ignoreing MD5
« on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 04:22:30 AM »
Hi guys,
take a look at the pb violation logs...
http://auth.aa25.org/PBLog/

Why are there so many Ignoring MD5 tool querys? why does this happen, what does it mean and can we fix it?

Jonnym

Re: PB Logs ignoreing MD5
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 04:25:18 AM »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 05:17:53 AM »
I used to see a lot of those, even when the official authorization was on, i think it's just due to the way Punkbuster works. However in the specific case (Scumina) sometimes it happens due to a file being corrupted. 9013 error related kicks instead happens when the PunkBuster server attempts to query the client, but receives no response.

Btw i think ACI has a whole list of the Punkbuster violations with the whole degrees of violation severity described, if i'll the link i'll post it.

A MD5 tool mismatch is raised when the MD5 (message digest 5) hash of a file on the clients computer does not match a preset MD5 hash for the file, specified by the server's administrator. If the MD5 hash of the file matches a hash of a known cheat file, the account will be banned.Example:
[MM.DD.YYYY HH:MM:SS] VIOLATION (MD5TOOL) #9002: NAME (slot #X) MD5Tool Mismatch: * (len=*) [GUID(-) PL.AY.ER.IP:PORT]
Sometimes Bannable

here it is: http://history.anticheatinc.com/aa2/punkbuster.php
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 05:23:55 AM by Koden »

Jonnym

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 07:20:14 AM »
is there anything we can do to make pb server give clients more time to respond or give them a second chance, people getting kicked for this is just stupid.

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 07:26:41 AM »
is there anything we can do to make pb server give clients more time to respond or give them a second chance, people getting kicked for this is just stupid.

Lolz, it has happened for years :) giving more time might help, but note that if the communication between the player client and the server is flawed for any reason (e.g. a poor connection on the client side, or server having hiccups, or any other reason) the player might end up getting kicked the same. Players that get 9002 MD5 errors sometime also have a critical error crashing their client. Punkbuster is quite picky about communications.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 13:53:24 PM »
With Hackhunter and Antipoke, I would be tempted to say just disable Punkbuster and all it's lag. But I do realize it provides beneficial anti-hacking so... *shrug*
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jonnym

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 14, 2012, 13:59:37 PM »
The auth system requires PB to work i'm afraid.

Offline guily6669

• Sound Engineer
  • What the heck?
    • View Profile
  • AA: guily6669
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 14:42:07 PM »
Well When PB first started this check, lot of hacks got crazy with it.

It used to mean specially that the MD5 hash on some file doesn't correspond to the MD5 PB has saved if I remember well...

It happend for example when people used to hack the game for example using map loading technique, but then they erased the map.... However after this check PB verified that it had something loaded with different md5 hash...

It's happening a lot, it happend to me and my friend, and I have seen ppl kicked by it. Can it be because of the files you modified because of the new 25assist tracking system?

Ps: I don't know anything about this either, but couldn't you try to contact PB to see how you can bypass the md5 crapt checks (If we had the good old hackers on our side... They used to bypass it pretty well after some time).
Keep Cool
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 14:44:55 PM by guily6669 »

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 14:48:19 PM »
Well When PB first started this check, lot of hacks got crazy with it.

It used to mean specially that the MD5 hash on some file doesn't correspond to the MD5 PB has saved if I remember well...

It happend for example when people used to hack the game for example using map loading technique, but then they erased the map.... However after this check PB verified that it had something loaded with different md5 hash...

It's happening a lot, it happend to me and my friend, and I have seen ppl kicked by it. Can it be because of the files you modified because of the new 25assist tracking system?

Ps: I don't know anything about this either, but couldn't you try to contact PB to see how you can bypass the md5 crapt checks (If we had the good old hackers on our side... They used to bypass it pretty well after some time).
Keep Cool

Couldn't you for once offer a point of view that isn't related to hacks, glitches and whatnot? Anyway i don't think Jonny is willing to leave MD5 checks. Oh, and btw that map loading tecnique is the one used by ShadowBot.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 14:51:02 PM by Koden »

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 16:31:19 PM »

All the files in our 2.5Assist system is perfectly contained. Everything is checked and accounted for including telling PB to stfu from time to time.

Although there can be some instances when PB falls arse over tit, that's when we need people to report to us fully what was happening so we can fix it.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 18:21:03 PM »
I believe ignoring MD5 requests means that the client won't return MD5 hashes for files. Either someone got creative and made a hack that says PB to GTFO (which would be stupid as you get kicked anyway) or, more sensibly, it's someone with a bad internet connection or someone that froze or got a critical error.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Jonnym

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 02:38:34 AM »
More research revealed that is due mainly to 2 things,
packet loss, client does not recieve request, gets lost on the network, stop using wireless.
client crashes so players actor is orphaned in the server and does not respond to requests, this happens when you minimize and join another server from assist, it kills the client without sending a proper disconnect message first.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager