Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Hi guys Critical Error..  (Read 1330 times)

Offline ukyouth

Hi guys Critical Error..
« on: Tuesday, August 14, 2012, 22:53:06 PM »
I can't play  due to a critical error whenever I try to load a map; this is the error: Build AmericasArmy_Build_[2004-06-01_02.01.01]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2796 MHz with 2038MB RAM
Video: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (4543)

General protection fault!

History: UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Bridge Crossing <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 706D7564 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

I don't believe it's a fault in my graphics because when I load any of the training missions, or I play a private server on 2.8.5 the game works fine. My direct X is up to date, apparently the punkbuster is fine as i've uninstalled it, re-installed it, fixed it (with the 2.5assist) and still no good. I've re-installed the whole game already, deleted the armyops.ini(armyops file is back now as it was just so none of you mention it as a solution) so it would replace it and still no good. Does anyone have any ideas I've been away from the game too long and I need to play. 2 years now.. ?_?

Offline i9.ntt

Re: Hi guys Critical Error..
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 07:11:29 AM »
lol sick graphics card dude. try and update video drivers from intel ? thats all i gotta say.

Offline xreyuk

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, August 15, 2012, 09:35:34 AM »
It could be your video card, the difference on a training mission and a private server is the amount of bodies. I keep getting a critical error on mine, but when a server is quiet, there are no issues, but it's when I'm in a full 20 slot server I start getting the error.

Offline ukyouth

« Reply #3 on: Friday, August 17, 2012, 15:01:28 PM »
Got it to work, for anyone in future reading this a complete re-install worked. It was probably a corrupt driver that caused the problem, I wish you luck in fixing yours.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager