Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Brightness & Gamma  (Read 14042 times)

Offline no.0b

Brightness & Gamma
« on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 04:10:20 AM »
Ever since the latest patch of assist 7.32

My Gamma and brightness defaulted back to the original and I have not been able to change my gamma or brightness. It acknowledges that I have changed them but the screen remains the same. This makes it incredibly hard to play in to the point where I cant even see enemies in front of me and sometimes in dark places my gun is hardly visible.

Any idea whats going on?

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
Re: Brightness & Gamma
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 04:20:54 AM »
25Assist->Settings tab
change your settings there.

or in-game type on console, Gamma 1.5, Brightness 7, Contrast 7 ( you can try lower values)

max gamma is 1.5, max brightness and contrats is 9 if I remember.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline no.0b

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 04:25:50 AM »
25Assist->Settings tab
change your settings there.

or in-game type on console, Gamma 1.5, Brightness 7, Contrast 7 ( you can try lower values)

max gamma is 1.5, max brightness and contrats is 9 if I remember.

doesnt work, it says in the console that its changed, but I do not see any changes on screen. It's still dark.

Another thing I have noticed that is now an issue, is when I try to take a screenshot using f9 it gives me an instant critical error.

I even did a system restore, I repaired and also even tried a complete reinstall of the game. I'm on windows 8 Is that an issue?

I tried changing it through both methods you have suggested. No luck. This was only a problem after a small patch that happened today.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 04:31:04 AM by no.0b »

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 05:08:15 AM »
I don't know but I had a critical error 2 times yesterday too... the problem occurred yesterday when one of IGC servers were shut or something idk....same to me im on windows 8 too and sometimes my gamma and brightens doesn't always change.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 05:22:59 AM »
Few days ago I got kicked from a server because my gamma was 1.51, no idea how this is possible

Offline Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 05:26:34 AM »
max = 1.500000 if you put a 1 or w/e instead of the zeros, you get kicked :D
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

JonnyM

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 05:52:41 AM »
Its a windows 8 'Feature' not a lot can be done. maybe it can be change in your driver settings.

Offline no.0b

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 05:55:02 AM »
Its a windows 8 'Feature' not a lot can be done. maybe it can be change in your driver settings.

Like I said, this only happened after the small update that happened earlier yesterday.

My drivers havn't changed nothing is different other than the patch that happened on Assist.

Actually I retract that, there was a windows update. However I believe it was working fine before the assist update
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 05:57:52 AM by no.0b »

JonnyM

« Reply #8 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 05:57:21 AM »
To fix some serious issues with win8 we have had to change some settings and this is the side effect.

Offline no.0b

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 05:59:33 AM »
To fix some serious issues with win8 we have had to change some settings and this is the side effect.

So are you saying there is no fix for this at the moment?

Also, I forgot to mention that I've been getting kicked from servers for Authorization Slot closed. Maybe in a server for about 2 minutes then I get kicked. Once again I never had this happen until the latest update on Assist.

I'm not sure what the patch changed, but whatever it was broke windows 8 more than whatever it was that had to be "fixed".
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 06:05:49 AM by no.0b »

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 06:08:43 AM »
its for mostly everbody idk whats the problem, 2 min in the server and im getting kicked

Offline no.0b

« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 06:12:12 AM »
its for mostly everbody idk whats the problem, 2 min in the server and im getting kicked

Ah I thought it was a windows 8 problem, my buddy is playing right now on windows 7 and he's been able to play for hours without getting kicked.

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 06:12:46 AM »
could be only for win 8 cuz we special ^^

Offline no.0b

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 06:15:54 AM »
could be only for win 8 cuz we special ^^

Well they should just revert back to the previous patch, everything worked fine for windows 8.

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, July 14, 2013, 06:17:05 AM »
Yes i know, that's what i mean i don't know if its avg fault because it was fine until the latest update.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager