Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Brightness & Gamma  (Read 14038 times)

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Brightness & Gamma
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 05:37:25 AM »
search for new grafic drivers. i am sure the problem will be found there

Offline no.0b

« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 05:39:11 AM »
I can see your gun quiet well actually :)

Well thats cool, I cant. You probably have your Gamma and brightness adjusted via your monitor.

I'm glad im not the only person having this issue, I believe Billy in 82nd has the same issue he just makes the compromise to change his monitor settings to play. I can understand doing that but seriously, this is not something you should even have to do.

search for new grafic drivers. i am sure the problem will be found there

Just updated my drivers, Still doesn't work. I'm almost positive the problem lays within the newest patch from Assist. In trying to fix something for windows 8 they somehow broke the in game method of changing brightness and Gamma. I just wish an admin or Dev, could give me some serious insight about whether or not this is going to get fixed or if its something they decided to do on purpose.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 15, 2013, 06:04:08 AM by no.0b »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 07:14:46 AM »
I haven't change aything to monitor, but I admit I often change gamma and brightness when im switching from bridge to insurgent

Offline no.0b

« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 07:53:30 AM »
I haven't change aything to monitor, but I admit I often change gamma and brightness when im switching from bridge to insurgent

Yea, everyone does it there are maps that are not designed for night vision goggles and I have to use them all the time.

I haven't really played the past few days because of this. Whatever they did this last patch has really messed everyone's game play up. Be it this issues stated in this post or the slot authorization closed problem.

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

« Reply #34 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 08:48:03 AM »
I had the same problem. I went into my armyops.ini and found the brightness, gamma, contrast and noticed that they were all set to 7, 7, 1.0. I believe those are the default settings. I changed them to 9, 9, 1.5 and seems to look better. Hope that helps!

Only thing is is that you still cant adjust setting in-game.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 15, 2013, 08:50:14 AM by -Diesel.iNv- »

Offline no.0b

« Reply #35 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 10:39:44 AM »
I had the same problem. I went into my armyops.ini and found the brightness, gamma, contrast and noticed that they were all set to 7, 7, 1.0. I believe those are the default settings. I changed them to 9, 9, 1.5 and seems to look better. Hope that helps!

Only thing is is that you still cant adjust setting in-game.

I tried this, when I click save it just automatically puts my brightness down to 0.000000.

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

« Reply #36 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
Ive loaded BF3, CS, COD and I can adjust my brightness on all of those games. It has to do something with the new update.

Offline sarin1886

« Reply #37 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:35:27 PM »
I tried playing last night and it almost makes the game unplayable. I join a WC server and spend 10 minutes minimizing/maximizing my game adjusting my monitor settings so everything looks normal in game, but anything outside of the game looks terrible. When the server swapped over to Urban, I had to spend another 10 minutes readjusting my monitor because urban it was too bright. Having to recalibrate your monitor every time you join a new map is almost certainly NOT what the original developers had in mind. Being able to change these settings on the fly has always been available and SHOULD always be available.

Offline -Diesel.iNv-

« Reply #38 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »
its 100% the update.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #39 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 13:00:52 PM »
no.0b, I'm talking in general. I'm not accusing you of unfairly adjusting your settings to gain an advantage. All I'm saying is that often times, that's what they are used for. Nobody should legitimately have to change those settings if their monitor is calibrated. Some people will whine and say "well they're in the game, they must have meant for us to change them!". That's simply untrue. They're there from the engine. There's a few useless menu options in AA as well as left-over code and broken things. The devs weren't exactly tidy.

Also, Breakout is a horrible example. It's not an official map, it was never tested for balance, gameplay, bugs, or lighting and in fact, it's still a beta map that is many years old. I should have been clear, my statements go for the official maps that were created in a dev studio, not the ones made by us fans. I can't see much anything on Breakout (is that a good excuse for my 0.05 k/d?) I think quite a bit of the lighting on that map needs to be changed to be realistic.

I know all monitors will display different and some can be calibrated more than others but I still stand by my statement. If your monitor is displaying colors as best it can then you are getting as close as possible to the way it was intended. Those settings in-game are NOT for you to turn Insurgent Camp into a daytime map.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline no.0b

« Reply #40 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 14:49:25 PM »
no.0b, I'm talking in general. I'm not accusing you of unfairly adjusting your settings to gain an advantage. All I'm saying is that often times, that's what they are used for. Nobody should legitimately have to change those settings if their monitor is calibrated. Some people will whine and say "well they're in the game, they must have meant for us to change them!". That's simply untrue. They're there from the engine. There's a few useless menu options in AA as well as left-over code and broken things. The devs weren't exactly tidy.

Also, Breakout is a horrible example. It's not an official map, it was never tested for balance, gameplay, bugs, or lighting and in fact, it's still a beta map that is many years old. I should have been clear, my statements go for the official maps that were created in a dev studio, not the ones made by us fans. I can't see much anything on Breakout (is that a good excuse for my 0.05 k/d?) I think quite a bit of the lighting on that map needs to be changed to be realistic.

I know all monitors will display different and some can be calibrated more than others but I still stand by my statement. If your monitor is displaying colors as best it can then you are getting as close as possible to the way it was intended. Those settings in-game are NOT for you to turn Insurgent Camp into a daytime map.

I don't think you fully understand the dilemma that the windows 8 users are going through. It's completely unfair of you to label anyone who wishes to change the brightness of the game as "people who are trying to get the better edge on others." and use it as a backing for why this isn't fixed. Furthermore you should really try getting on windows 8 and seeing for yourself what people are having to do to actually play. If you don't know what its like then I believe your argument or point isn't very valid. That's just my opinion. Breakout is also a great map, it doesn't seem unbalanced at all and with the right changes in your brightness and contrast etc, it makes that map even more fun. I don't understand why you are so opposed to the idea of having the ability to change your settings, all it does is enable people more flexibility in how they play the game. If the devs truly wanted you to run around in night vision they'd make that the default view that the game is played in.

Excuse me if I sound like im being rude, but this is a very very frustrating problem. I was playing fine like 4 days ago, one patch and now I can hardly even play.

Jonny Msg'd me and it looks like all windows  8 users are out of luck.

from jonny himself:
"Sorry, its just not possible without breaking some really important stuff we've built into assist over the last few versions."
<-------END------->

As much as I hate to say this, but you should really reconsider trying to fix and or reverse the changes that led up to this. Windows 8 is only going to grow in popularity, computers are shipped out with it on the system pre-installed. If you have to reverse a few patches back to try and find an alternate method to whatever it was that was super needed then that's what you should really think about doing. I see a few known players here that play often and are loyal to the the game. It's a shame to see them having to go through this very same problem. I may just have to play on my laptop, which I am not excited about in the least..... at least then I can adjust the colors. Such a huge let down to me to be honest, but I guess we will always find a way to play this beloved game that we've grown to love.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 15, 2013, 15:13:08 PM by no.0b »

Offline Rapture

« Reply #41 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 15:40:56 PM »
-_- how dare u speak of breakout in that way -_-

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #42 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:11:04 PM »
You're not sounding rude, you're actually articulating your points better than a lot of the typical flamers. Again, I'm not doing anything in developing Assist. I'm not saying that the reason it's not fixed is because I hate tweakers. The reason it's not fixed is because Jonny hasn't/won't fix it. My thoughts/opinions do NOT reflect those of the anti-cheat and development team.

I play on Windows 8 and it works fine for me. Yea Breakout is dark but that's just how the map is (plus I have a real shitty 5+ year old monitor). What's the problem with Windows 8? Is it windowed mode? I play fullscreen and it's fine. Maybe because I've not touched my settings?
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Online Possessed

• bWpnRecoil == False;
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • You suffer, but why?!
    • View Profile
  • AA: Possessed
« Reply #43 on: Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:19:05 PM »
actually theres was no screenshot of the issue, just big loads of TEXT TEXT TEXT that I don't even attempt to read.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 15, 2013, 16:25:20 PM by Possessed »
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

Offline no.0b

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, July 16, 2013, 03:09:55 AM »
actually theres was no screenshot of the issue, just big loads of TEXT TEXT TEXT that I don't even attempt to read.

There's a screenshot, that I linked in one of my posts. Although, I dont think it will do much since if you have your monitor settings turned up you wont see the problem as much as I do.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager