Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Ban for ServerMOD using?  (Read 19718 times)

Offline Ganja

Re: Ban for ServerMOD using?
« Reply #60 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 05:59:33 AM »
Conservatists ...

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 06:00:51 AM »
It will be dead again? and the dumb here is you, we say to you that its not about stats, competition, or just coz i want it, its about the whole idea of aa, im ok when admin is forceclassing few rounds, and as i remember, long ago, when admin was FCing, server was going untracked, thats why it became so unpopular, people want easy stats

Offline Ganja

« Reply #62 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 06:13:14 AM »
How can you talk about the spirit, the idea of AA when the game is dead ffs it's incredible

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 06:21:45 AM »
its simple, people that love FC will play it, but not tracked and honored.

Offline [VerteX]$MoNeY$

« Reply #64 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 06:42:00 AM »
Ganja is right at some point. If we remove modded tracking we will loose people anyways. I do not support to be tracked but either not supporting to remove tracking on modded servers. I've been playing for a very long time and reading all the comments on this thread makes a grin smile on my face. [VerteX] clan is old and dead only I left in the clan and as I remember all clan members enjoyed classic servers with normal weapons and was fun and more difficult, now modded servers are easy kills and easy points but we have to stick with what we got. Leave how it is now. I think making a list is great idea. Kids may come and complain but it's not hard to lock the topics, that's part of admins job.
Anyways don't do anything expect making a list, this would solve all the problems caused and yes more points for 1 kills is one of the shetest things i've heard of all AA history I would rather make less points for a kill to make it harder:)

Offline Bart!

« Reply #65 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 06:45:52 AM »
so let me just make this clear for myself.

What the people pro mod say:

They don't like playing on oldschool servers all the time because of the self-called (according to them) pro competitive players with tweaked inis. This annoys them because it gives the tweakers an advantage, According to them that is.

BUT

If it's untracked and their stats wont be there, the game will be dead since they will stop playing.

This means they do care for stats a lot, while as far as I know most competitive players couldnt care about it.

If they only want to play for fun, just to shoot around, then why do they want to be tracker per se? Is it the small ego boost which is needed? Is that why they don't like playing against competitive players and why they think it is because of their ini? Is it because otherwise it would contradict their paradigma of them being good and it might hurt their ego? I wonder this when I read all the posts here. I can't think of any good explanation about why tracker is needed per se when they just play for fun to shoot around a bit, it just doesn't make any logic sense for me.

Note: this post is no offense to anyone, I'm just stating that I can not find any reason why that statement would be true based on the other reasons given.

Honestly, this discussion is just useless in my opinion. I couldn't care less about their stats, nor could I care about my own stats. I'll see how well they play in game, that's a better way to judge someone.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #66 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 06:49:48 AM »
Yes I give alot for my tracker ! I will sell it on ebay later. Don't ruin in with your tweaked ini please !

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #67 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 06:54:21 AM »
Ganja is right at some point. If we remove modded tracking we will loose people anyways. I do not support to be tracked but either not supporting to remove tracking on modded servers. I've been playing for a very long time and reading all the comments on this thread makes a grin smile on my face. [VerteX] clan is old and dead only I left in the clan and as I remember all clan members enjoyed classic servers with normal weapons and was fun and more difficult, now modded servers are easy kills and easy points but we have to stick with what we got. Leave how it is now. I think making a list is great idea. Kids may come and complain but it's not hard to lock the topics, that's part of admins job.
Anyways don't do anything expect making a list, this would solve all the problems caused and yes more points for 1 kills is one of the shetest things i've heard of all AA history I would rather make less points for a kill to make it harder:)

Your (as well as Ganja's) argument is not coherent. If players who prefer modded servers would quit when modded servers get untracked, then they would quit bc they can't fragwhore anymore, or gett kills more easily. So also for them it's about fragrate. But then again we are at the point where modded servers harm the integrity of the game and stats system and the whole idea of AA2. So either these players should quit, if modded servers should get untracked or play just for the fun of it without frag and honor whoring. Do you get the point, finally?

And on a sidenote: what if the player who are not supporting modded server being tracked would threat to quit the game? The game would die also, so the quit argument is pointless in any way.
And trust me, addicted aa2 players won't just quit, they will adapt instead. Players who don't support, don't want to protect the integrity of the game/stats system and the original idea of AA2 should just move to another game, that's a coherent conclusion.

Edit: Bart has been faster to figure that incoherent argument out.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 31, 2012, 07:00:28 AM by B@lestra^ »

Offline [VerteX]$MoNeY$

« Reply #68 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 06:58:57 AM »
I don't understand why would we need to change anything when population started to grow again....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #69 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 07:35:25 AM »
I don't understand why would we need to change anything when population started to grow again....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS. Why change anything now that the game is rising again

Offline B@lestra^

« Reply #70 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 08:11:32 AM »
On the one hand you say 'this game is dead ffs' and on the other hand you say 'that this game is rising again...'

The ignoration of your incoherent argumentation let's me know how absurd and pointless your comments are...it's like your preference in BIG BOOM BANG aa2-gaming.

I won't argue on that anymore with people who can't argue coherently. Let's see what the aa25-admins decide next year.
« Last Edit: Monday, December 31, 2012, 08:20:01 AM by B@lestra^ »

Offline Ganja

« Reply #71 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 08:22:28 AM »
The game is dead, but it's rising slowly .. Not much of a brain you have

Offline Darkjello769

« Reply #72 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 09:04:04 AM »
Only servers that are ever populated for us anyway are modded servers.... gets old as shit. I know a couple people who quit because they are tired of getting rpg'd in the first 10sec of gameplay by a 10 honor scrub that kills himself doing it. Modded servers are bad, and you all should feel bad.

Offline Yahoo

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 10:01:27 AM »
Modded servers shouldn't be tracked because you can gain advantage over normal servers, it's pretty obvious that, for beginners, it's easier to kill with a SF. So don't come with the fun bullshit cause it's all about  being more easy to get score/kills. The game it's meant to be played with the weapons provided by the maps, America's Army it's not about respawns nor sf pipe/urban/bridge guns and players who defende the modded servers are just killing what it's left of the game, new players aren't playing the game the way it is supposed and when you start something wrong from the beginning...

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #74 on: Monday, December 31, 2012, 10:08:15 AM »
[--] now modded servers are easy kills and easy points [--]
Putting aside the mods that give you more kills for 1 kill, I don't understand how it can be easier to kill on a modded server. If you kill, somebody dies, so for him it's not easier, it's harder. The overall average FR is still <1 (including TKs, bleeding to death, falling to death etc)
I know it can make the teams more unbalanced (and usually does), but saying it's straight out easier is just BS IMHO.

Modded servers shouldn't be tracked because you can gain advantage over normal servers, it's pretty obvious that, for beginners, it's easier to kill with a SF. So don't come with the fun bullshit cause it's all about  being more easy to get score/kills. The game it's meant to be played with the weapons provided by the maps, America's Army it's not about respawns nor sf pipe/urban/bridge guns and players who defende the modded servers are just killing what it's left of the game, new players aren't playing the game the way it is supposed and when you start something wrong from the beginning...
If it's easier for new players to play on modded servers, then it should be easier for an experienced player to kill a new player on regular server. Why then are there still experienced players playing on modded servers? I guess it's because a new player there is still easier to kill than an other experienced player on normal server.
From that I think it's clear that the people who want easier kills go to modded servers, whereas those who want a challenge go to the regular servers. I don't see how this would affect either group right now, as people usually don't like to change too much.

Just my thoughts again.(And at all times I'm not counting the "more kills for 1 kill"-servers as modded, they should just be illegal or unauthorized)

Kid? I love how twelve year olds are calling people kids these days.
Now this is is kind of off topic, but your name is iverseKID and KID is in capital letters, so I don't see how you can be upset if people call you by the name that you have (its a part of it, but people are lazy and don't wanna write the whole name a lot of times)
Now I'm not saying he definitely meant it as your name (there's really no way for me too know whether he did or not), but assuming he didn't given the circumstances isn't all that correct IMHO.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager