Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The fix for Pb issues currently bugging Assist  (Read 3483 times)

Offline langy

The fix for Pb issues currently bugging Assist
« on: Saturday, March 08, 2014, 00:11:25 AM »
Of late a lot of people are receiving Pb Slot Closed kicks etc.. to avoid this issue you need to manually update your Punkbuster, so here is the link to all players who are in need of this fix.

http://www.evenbalance.com/?page=pbsetup.php

Offline Alex

Re: The fix for Pb issues currently bugging Assist
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 08, 2014, 00:14:01 AM »
Of late a lot of people are receiving Pb Slot Closed kicks etc.. to avoid this issue you need to manually update your Punkbuster, so here is the link to all players who are in need of this fix.

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to.  What exactly does the kick say? The "Authorization Slot Closed" is an authorization server kick which occurs when Assist is closed with the AA game still running. It has nothing to do with PB. I've never heard of a "PB slot closed kick". Quite a few people get kicked for "PB Restriction" though, so that might be what you're talking about.

Offline langy

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 08, 2014, 00:18:24 AM »
It seems you may have an issue with Pb updating itself when people are logging into Servers and are being kicked frequently, after tinkering around to help most of the Australian Community it was found that when the players updated Pb manually via Pbsetup they dont have the Pb issue anymore and can freely play on servers without being Pb kicked every 5 min..

Offline Wraiths_xplayman

« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 20, 2014, 22:13:40 PM »
Where do you manually update pbsetup? I am running the latest version and it does not include AA2.5. Where are the files for this game so I can update the pbsetup copy in the AA:A files?

---MODIFIED---

I found where AA:A is installed but I still do not see pbsetup in there. I am still getting kicked from servers for "PB RESTRICTION"
« Last Edit: Friday, June 20, 2014, 22:24:17 PM by Wraiths_xplayman »

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 20, 2014, 22:40:56 PM »
PunkBuster hasn't updated PB for AA in a long time. Assist comes with the latest version installed. If there are any problems, the "Fix PB" button in Assist should solve it. Slot Closed is something unrelated and usually to do with Assist and it's authorization server. It just happens that the message is broadcasted by PunkBuster, it's not actually a PunkBuster error. Pretty sure anyway.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Vanoke

• Epic Poster
  • Real war is to a GAME!!
    • View Profile
  • AA: =PUF=Vanoke
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 21, 2014, 07:52:02 AM »

You see the message summtime when players stop playing ore when the game is stil on and they do summthing els on ther computher so. connection is meaby a little disturbed and punkbuster will react.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Monday, June 23, 2014, 06:58:23 AM »
You see the message summtime when players stop playing ore when the game is stil on and they do summthing els on ther computher so. connection is meaby a little disturbed and punkbuster will react.

yes, this could be a reason - i did see that too.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager