Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Punkbuster has kicked me for undefined reason: Slot closed.  (Read 1318 times)

Offline marduk666

Punkbuster has kicked me for undefined reason: Slot closed.
« on: Thursday, June 19, 2014, 20:37:53 PM »
How do I force the slot to stay open? I have tried running as admin. I have tried reinstalling PB and AA both. I am running in compatability mode for windows 2000 (which is the latest option). I now know that PB keeps kicking me because the "slot closed" but how in the hell do I force it to stay open. I need a complex solution, not a simple one. All the simple ones don't work!  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad: :banned:

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

Re: Punkbuster has kicked me for undefined reason: Slot closed.
« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 20, 2014, 10:52:10 AM »
did you try this one - also simple but you should tell us what you did and what not

do reset&repar at assist install tab - run it with admin rights.

come here again and tell the result and what you do mean with simple.
thanks and good luck

Offline marduk666

« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 20, 2014, 11:28:57 AM »
     Merlin, the results are the same, I have tried resetting and reinstalling everything, every option in the "install" tab I have tried. I've even reinstalled the whole game 3 times.

By "not simple" I mean that perhaps there is something in "Edit Armyops.ini" or "Edit User.ini" under the "options" tab that I could tweak or change to fix the problem. Again, thank you so much for your efforts, lately I've just had to settle for playing games in short spurts and constantly getting kicked.

Also a helpful fact is that I suspect the problem may have something to do with map size, because I played the mAAp called "Pool Day" and did not get kicked until the map autoswitched to Urban Assault. I also do know now that the problem is probably the player slot being closed, though I have no idea how to keep it open. I leave 25Assist up and running, without closing it, firewall is not on at all nor blocking Punkbuster, and I'm pretty certain I am running 25Assist (and every other program) as Administrator.

I'm logged onto my computer as the administrator, so I assume that all programs automatically run as admin, because I am not getting the option to "run as" when I right click or shift+right click.

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #3 on: Monday, June 23, 2014, 06:55:42 AM »
i am now not sure, but i guess logged in as an administrator doesn't really mean that an istallation will be done with it's right. to be sure, right click the program you like to execute and select "run as administrator".

can you do the reset&repair again, but start assist as "run as administrator".

just do eliminate that part with the rights - or missing rights.
thank you.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager