Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: PB Issues Lord-of-War  (Read 5329 times)

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
  • AA: Lord-of-War
PB Issues Lord-of-War
« on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 09:44:31 AM »
Having the following PB problem:

Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND
Manually stopping PnkBstrB FAILED - no handle
Removing test PnkBstrB file OK
PnkBstrA.log: Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
[03.21.2016 13:41:46] Attempting unload of pnkbstrb.

[03.21.2016 13:53:35] PnkBstrA v1036 Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
[03.21.2016 13:54:00] Attempting unload of pnkbstrb.

[03.21.2016 13:57:24] PnkBstrA v1036 Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
[03.21.2016 14:00:09] PnkBstrA v1036 Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
[03.21.2016 14:00:35] Attempting unload of pnkbstrb.

PnkBstrB.log: ormation.

----------------------------------
Tests finished.

Earlier error message was like this:

PnkBstrB.log: 11:13:09] ERROR: Copy from [C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Nils\Anwendungsdaten\PnkBstrK.sys] to [C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\PnkBstrK.sys] failed; Load denied. (5)
[03.21.2016 11:13:09] WARNING: CRITICAL ERROR: Failed to Register Service (ffab)
[03.21.2016 11:13:09] PnkBstrB v2.202 (WOLF) Service Attempting Unload. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.

So the fix PB doesn't work for me - reinstalling and fixing aa didn't work and yes I got admin rights on my pc
Thank you for helping

Lord-of-War  :style:
« Last Edit: Monday, March 21, 2016, 09:49:09 AM by Lord-of-War »
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline ronski

Re: PB Issues Lord-of-War
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:10:20 AM »
You said in shoutbox:

operation system: Windows XP
issue: pb started to kick you out, then after re-install pb installation fails
Firewall: turned off

just to make sure, you are playing from very same network you've been playing all the time? same type of connection, same router, same provider?
« Last Edit: Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:25:21 AM by ronski »

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:23:54 AM »
try to run this with admin rights - select aa2.

http://www.evenbalance.com/pbsetup.php

i am almost sure that it will work.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:32:03 AM »
it says select a game from the list - here is only aa proving grounds - no change otherwise
"the world is basically a forced labor camp from which the workers - all innocents - are led forth by lottery, a few each day, to be executed," Cormac McCarthy

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:33:27 AM »
I am at a friends - but it worked here before with same pc and router etc

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:35:05 AM »
the pb installation doesnt fail itself but the fix pb fails when it tries to copy the driver to system32/drivers

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:36:45 AM »
it looks for me like a rights problem..

be sure you run this as admin. it doesnt really looks like you did.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:40:13 AM by [SWISS]Merlin »

Offline ronski

« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:41:53 AM »
the pb installation doesnt fail itself but the fix pb fails when it tries to copy the driver to system32/drivers
If Im not wrong, fix pb doesn't even work :)

You are at your friends house atm, I guess he plays the game as well, so just for troubleshooting - is he able to play with no errors with his pc?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:43:19 AM »
i just did check my system drivers. there is no one PnkBstrK.sys. strange too. if its win7, stop antivirus software and run the pbfix again by starting assist with admin rights,

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 10:46:35 AM »
try to run again and select update.... what message do you get?
http://www.evenbalance.com/pbsetup.php

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 11:03:11 AM »
It is my old pc - I took it to his place - he doesnt play any games lol - too old :D - I am housesitting here
anyway the pb. sys file shows in my sytem32/driver folder but if i want to manually copy it to there it doesn't let me overwrite it - same size of file though - I don't have any antivirus on here no firewall either and ronski said for windows xp you don't need admin rights you have them anyway - if I go update pb on that download you said it says it's all up to date. very strange all that - never happened to me before

Damn i was looking forward to playing aa again - got 2 free weeks now - and now that shyte happens  :(

« Last Edit: Monday, March 21, 2016, 11:08:54 AM by Lord-of-War »

Offline ronski

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 11:09:38 AM »
It is my old pc - I took it to his place - he doesnt play any games lol - too old :D
anyway the pb. sys file shows in my sytem32/driver folder but if i want to manually copy it to there it doesn't let me overwrite it - same size of file though - I don't have any antivirus on here no firewall either and ronski said for windows xp you don't need admin rights you have them anyway - if I go update pb on that download you said it says it's all up to date. very strange all that - never happened to me before

That's not the exact truth, with XP you don't have "run as administrator" option when you right click on file icon. But you can log in to Windows with different user accounts and one of your user accounts is System Administrator account and that has all the rights to do stuff. You may also have another account which you have set to be a Administrator. If your user account doesn't have needed rights, then it might fail because of that.

Offline Lord-of-War

• Loyal Member
  • La vida no vale nada
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 11:15:09 AM »
ok got that - but I got the right account only have 1

Offline ronski

« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 21, 2016, 11:18:45 AM »
did you try what Merlin suggested, turning anti-cheat off?

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager