Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Not possible to get into a server  (Read 6923 times)

Offline kwekkeboomkroket

Not possible to get into a server
« on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 06:56:47 AM »
From today it is not possible for me to enter a gameserver. After selecting "deploy" to go to the server it whows the connecting screen and the small picture. After that nothing happens anymore. I have re-intsalled everything twice but still the same result.
Hopefully somebody can help me with this.

Offline ronski

Re: Not possible to get into a server
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 06:58:20 AM »
You need to add some more details, for example what operation system do you have, when it worked last time, do you get any error messages, does other games work properly etc.

Offline kwekkeboomkroket

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 07:11:49 AM »
I am using windows 10 (64 bits). It was working yesterday without any problem. In between then and now nothing is changed to my system. There are no error messages. The only thing that is visble is the small assist picture.

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 07:17:56 AM »
I am using windows 10 (64 bits). It was working yesterday without any problem. In between then and now nothing is changed to my system. There are no error messages. The only thing that is visble is the small assist picture.
Alright, there have been some issues in connections to Auth server, but you have managed to log in, right?

Have you tried to restart your computer? Would it be possible that your Windows has updated itself automatically after your last visit? Do you have enough available recourses to run the game, for example enough free space at drive C?

Could be also client bug for windows 10, but in that case there would be more users reporting the same issue.

Offline kwekkeboomkroket

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 07:55:44 AM »
Logging in is not a problem. As far as i can see in windows 10 there is no issue with an update. Enough space on the Drive. Restarted several times, re-installed the game as well from scratch. I am suprosed it has stopped. Normally only logging in is the problem. Will try "proving ground" via steam to see if that game works

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 07:57:32 AM »
try that, if it wont work either the issue is deeper in your machine than in one application.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 08:22:57 AM »
Did you try running Assist as an administrator? Sometimes that might help.
Looking at our logs, I see you've logged in around 20 times today (didn't actually count) and most of them have been without a problem, bust a few (the few latest ones) have come with a problem with Antipoke so I suppose there might be a problem somewhere in there.

Another thing you can try is to go to your armyops folder -> system folder and start Armyops.exe alone to see if it will start without Assist.
If it does, you can see if you can start a training mission within Assist.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline kwekkeboomkroket

« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 09:07:30 AM »
When using armyops.exe i have the same issue as before.Traning mission is also not possible. Same thing.

What is this antipoke??? Never heard of iyt.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 09:20:53 AM »
It's something Assist uses to catch people who try to cheat the system. You shouldn't worry about it right now. The error I mentioned was probably just a bug.

So you can't run armyops.exe at all...
I'm not entirely familiar with Windows 10, but I'm assuming it should still be possible to run a program in compatibility mode for either Windows 7 or Windows XP. You could try that.

To be honest, this whole thing is very bizarre. Since everything worked for you yesterday and nothing changed in AA during that time, it shouldn't be acting this way.
Are you checking your processlist (I believe it's something like "Details" on the task manager for Windows 10) - it should show armyops.exe when the splash logo is up, does that process disappear afterwards?
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 09:25:37 AM »
This is a bit of fishing with bare hands but troubleshooting is needed because your issue is weird indeed. When you reinstalled it did you first do complete removal and then download new installer to install it? and when you ran install task, did you run that as administrator?

Offline kwekkeboomkroket

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 09:29:22 AM »
I did not run it as administrator. Will do that now. Will remove everything, restart, re-install as administrator. Try army-ops also in compatibiliy mode and try a training session. Will post the result.

Offline kwekkeboomkroket

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 09:52:31 AM »
Re-installed. No change. After trying a start of a trainingsession and closing assist via the task list Splash screen was not changing), i have started armyops.exe from directoryas administrator. I receive this message: britical error in function: setpanel.
I will now step back with a system restore point.

Offline kwekkeboomkroket

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 12:18:28 PM »
After system restore managed to get it working again. Not sure what happened in between. But at the moment it works.

Offline kwekkeboomkroket

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 12:29:21 PM »
Still getting an error that disc is not inserted. How to get rid of that one??

Offline Scorpy

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 08, 2015, 12:32:23 PM »
put a disk in  :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager