Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Error: Unable to connect to assist server  (Read 4470 times)

Offline ultimator

Error: Unable to connect to assist server
« on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 12:26:28 PM »
Hi all, my friend and me are just trying to install AA2.5 and on my side 25Assist is working fine, downloading/installing AA but my friend has an issue when starting 25Assist he gets the following message:
Unable to connect to assist server, please check you are connected to the internet and assist is not blocked by firewall

We're both using the same system, Ubuntu 12.04 64Bit, got the same libs installed, same updates, same assist program, etc..

We're both entering the internet from the same router, same ISP and we both don't have a firewall installed. We both have our accounts registered/validated and we can log in into assist, but my friend gets the above error message after logging in while with me it is just working fine.

Please note that my friend actually seems to be online despite the error message because the small green light at the bottom close to his name is on and he can see the amount of servers and players being displayed in the assist program.

I'm really and hope you will be able to help us.

Offline ultimator

Re: Error: Unable to connect to assist server
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 13:01:57 PM »
Someone before had this problem already, but unfortunately there are no hints in the thread on how to solve the problem:

http://aao25.com/forum/general-chat-90/whats-up-with-2-5-is-it-up-or-not/msg55645/#msg55645

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 13:28:46 PM »
1. you shoud have a firewall
2. do you like to play next to eachother for better advantage ? or why do you have the same wan ip?

Offline ultimator

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 13:34:51 PM »
1. you shoud have a firewall
2. do you like to play next to eachother for better advantage ? or why do you have the same wan ip?
Thanks for your reply.
1) On Linux in general one doesn't need a firewall because the system by default keeps all unneeded ports closed. This is particularly true for desktop systems, as for servers admins might opt for one due to special circumstances.
2) We're living in the same dormitory and thus that's why were playing together.

I really hope you can help us because I have been searching a solution for this all day and couldn't get it to work...

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 14:11:24 PM »
thanks.
for me it looks like your router is doing NAT (Network Address Translation) only to one of the two computers you like to play on. what kind of router do you use (name and model-nr.). i guess there should be an option to tell your router to give those requests to both of your computers.

Offline ultimator

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 15, 2014, 14:25:03 PM »
Hi,

I don't know what brand/type/model our router is since it is in an another room which I cannot access. This router is used by many people, not just us two.

Do you have any suggestions how to fix our issue?

Offline [SWISS]Merlin

« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 17, 2014, 09:23:57 AM »
oh. can you connect to the router as admin ? you would see the model there.
maybe he is in another network segment. what is your ip and what is his? can you figure that out?
but i do not have a solution about that, but maybe  ... dont loose hope :)

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager