Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Critical Error: aFsTime.Action, help please!  (Read 4309 times)

Offline r4sh1d

• View Profile
  • AA: r4sh1d
Critical Error: aFsTime.Action, help please!
« on: Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 23:33:27 PM »
Hi, I'm having the same error as this thread:
http://aao25.com/forum/assist-support/critical-error-afstime-action/

I tried the suggested solutions but nothing worked.

I tried to reset + repair AA, same error message.

I removed all traces of the game ( 25assist folder under Roaming) along with everything 25assist related from my PC. Then re-downloaded the whole thing, but still getting the same error message.

This happens when I have my SONY bluetooth headset (MDR-ZX770BN) connected to my PC via bluetooth (never had any issues with it playing anything). It's listed as the default device under Sound. If I hook up my headsets through 3.5mm cable, or use my desktop speakers, it works fine; but I want to use the bluetooth headset, and I get no sound in game.

I played with Audio settings under AA & 25assist; but can't get it to work properly.
Please help.

I'm running windows 10 PRO, up to date, GTX 670 running latest Nvidia software.

Offline ronski

Re: Critical Error: aFsTime.Action, help please!
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 00:46:47 AM »
So are you able to play for a moment and then you suddenly get this error message?

Offline r4sh1d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 07:07:11 AM »
The game runs fine, except no sound. Once I click on a map to join; it shows the error message.

Offline ronski

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 07:52:09 AM »
The game runs fine, except no sound. Once I click on a map to join; it shows the error message.
Sorry but I'm a bit confused. So you have no sounds at all? Even though you have internal speakers, or 3,5mm plugged wire? The game works like a charm with these sound sources, but you just don't get any sound? You're not getting that error message when you have other sound source than bluetooth headset? Then when you use your headset via bluetooth you can't connect to any server, it crashes while trying to join and gives you that error message?

Have you tried to run Assist as administrator? Did you remember to extract whole content of .zip package that you downloaded before you started to install the game?

Offline r4sh1d

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 09:17:04 AM »
I downloaded the zip file; extracted it to a new folder, ran "25Assist.exe" and waited till it finished downloading/installing.

If I run the game, while the audio is played through either my pc speakers (presonus 4.5bt) or the same bluetooth headset but connected via a 3.5mm cable; sound works fine, game plays fine.

But, when connecting the headset through BT to my PC, and run the game, once I pick a server and try to join, it shows this error message and I have no sound, I join the server fine, can play with no problem, except no sound coming out of the headset while connected through BT.

This BT headset works fine playing music files, other games, youtube...etc.

Yes I did try to run the 25assist.exe as admin, compatibility win 7, win xp sp3..etc. Uninstalled the game and deleted all traces, then started from scratch, same issue.

win 10 X64 PRO, 3570k, asrock Z77 xtreme 4 , 670GTX latest nvidia drivers.

Offline ronski

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 09:45:00 AM »
I downloaded the zip file; extracted it to a new folder, ran "25Assist.exe" and waited till it finished downloading/installing.

If I run the game, while the audio is played through either my pc speakers (presonus 4.5bt) or the same bluetooth headset but connected via a 3.5mm cable; sound works fine, game plays fine.

But, when connecting the headset through BT to my PC, and run the game, once I pick a server and try to join, it shows this error message and I have no sound, I join the server fine, can play with no problem, except no sound coming out of the headset while connected through BT.

This BT headset works fine playing music files, other games, youtube...etc.

Yes I did try to run the 25assist.exe as admin, compatibility win 7, win xp sp3..etc. Uninstalled the game and deleted all traces, then started from scratch, same issue.

win 10 X64 PRO, 3570k, asrock Z77 xtreme 4 , 670GTX latest nvidia drivers.
Okay, thanks for the explanation. I don't think reinstall would be any solution for this, maybe Assist is just that old game so it might not have any ingame settings for bluetooth output? Just a guess since I'm not familiar with bluetooth headsets nor sound settings anyway. Thought at first that you were not able to play at all because of that error message :) So it's good that it works for you, even if you'd have to use the headset with cable.

Offline teddy_grizzly_bear

• Used to be known as nobody
  • Administrator
  • Epic Poster
  • what are you looking at?
    • View Profile
  • AA: teddy_grizzIy_bear
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 12:30:59 PM »
I suppose ELiZ is really the only one who could know what this is about.
<image removed due to imgur stuff - probably for the best>

"Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true." Bertrand Russell

Offline ronski

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 13:37:15 PM »
Hmm I have Kingston Hyper X Cloud II headset, which has own USB soundcard on it. It's plug-n-play kind of solution through USB, but if I want to setup my sounds a bit I need to use 3,5mm plug and few apps. I am a Mac user, so I use therefore Soundflower application as my sound output device and lead the sound from Soundflower to AU Lab, where I set my sound setup with equalizer and and lead it then to my headset. Im sure there are similar apps in Windows world, so if you are bored some day, then maybe you can give it a try. With few apps you might be able to circumvent sound source issue, if there is nothing else to do for it.

Offline r4sh1d

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 19:05:31 PM »
I did try a PC alternative to Soundflower called "VB-Audio Virtual Cable" just for the hell of it, but still same error message. I followed this:
http://forums.blinkinlabs.com/index.php?p=/discussion/68/windows-soundflower-alternative-vb-audio-virtual-cable

Offline r4sh1d

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 31, 2016, 21:58:47 PM »
I fixed it, in case anyone faces this error message:

Under windows sound, click on Recording, then pick the bt headset, click on properties, click on "Listen",  click on "Listen to this device", pick the bt headset from the drop down menu under "Playback through this device". Then click OK, then disable the BT headset under Recording, make it the default device under playback, then it should work! GL

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager