Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Cooperative missions - Player VS AI  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Mike Mentzer

• don't change old maps!! Give noobs not a chance!!!
    • View Profile
Cooperative missions - Player VS AI
« on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 07:18:38 AM »
(like my little hope about the coops)

belive me coop-maps sux and it isn't a higher level IMO. i played yesterday 2.8.5 several coop maps (singleplayer/multiplayermode) and i got around 8-25 Fps max. with resolution 800/600pixels and every textures details to the lowest values (my videocard is a Nvidia  gforce gtx 660 ti). 1st i was not able to play because of the sideshow effect similar to the [AA3] maps but 10times worster than they. 2nd the AI are so stupid and it not worth the effort. i think DEV's should not go this way to employ this useless coops, keep the game smart and playable without new bugs etc. 
« Last Edit: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 08:56:00 AM by Koden »
Nice some Ass licking around   ((_) :censored: D :P (_o_) :P

Offline Ganja

Re: Re: can not connect to auth.aa25.org - auth down
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 07:32:42 AM »
belive me coop-maps sux and it isn't a higher level IMO. i played yesterday 2.8.5 several coop maps (singleplayer/multiplayermode) and i got around 8-25 Fps max. with resolution 800/600pixels and every textures details to the lowest values (my videocard is a Nvidia  gforce gtx 660 ti). 1st i was not able to play because of the sideshow effect similar to the [AA3] maps but 10times worster than they. 2nd the AI are so stupid and it not worth the effort. i think DEV's should not go this way to employ this useless coops, keep the game smart and playable without new bugs etc. 

I must admit the AI have always been so retarded it's not even funny ... But then again, when you get owned in game I guess it's funnier to kill AI

Offline Koden

• Cogito Ergo Khodohn
  • Global Moderator
  • Epic Poster
  • Hmmm rainbows.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: can not connect to auth.aa25.org - auth down
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 08:27:12 AM »

Which maps did you play? I would bet you played some custom maps. AI needs a good design set up and optimization in order to return good performance AND fun. Typically, you have to take care of AI paths and tasks, if you don't they will look and act stupid, because you haven't taught them what to do. Official maps like Interdiction or Snakeplain work definatly a lot better.
ES2 Border is a different matter because of the amount of bots. Playing on Snakeplain requires someone that knows how to drive the hummer without crushing it or getting in the AI paths.

I must admit the AI have always been so retarded it's not even funny ... But then again, when you get owned in game I guess it's funnier to kill AI

Pffffff....that's not even an argument. Used to play cooperative and loved it.

« Last Edit: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 10:11:50 AM by Koden »

Offline Ganja

Re: Cooperative missions - Player VS AI
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 21, 2015, 12:10:21 PM »
The only time I had fun was when I played with friends. Otherwise I'm not really into this kind of things I suppose. Couldn't take it serious, guess I have no patience for that

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager