Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: War: Israeli's and Afghanistan  (Read 3725 times)

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
  • AA: Not Cwunk
War: Israeli's and Afghanistan
« on: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 00:04:20 AM »
i reckon that squad when shit hits the fan would be a very very good fighting force, i can see very good teamwork and morale in them

I reckon all the squads can bulldoze homes and shoot at women and children.
Hi I'm Archeh I like too have fun online playing shoot-'em-up video games

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 12:04:55 PM »
You're grouping me in with the more ignorant Americans on DRAAT (they're awfully plentiful).

I agree that Hamas is bad but not every Palestinian is a part of it. To me much more important are the countless children killed, the many times the UN has had to interfere and issue a resolution targeting Israel, the upwards-of-20,000 homes destroyed by the Israelis, etc. The Palestinians were happy on their land and it was taken from them, I don't blame them for firing rockets into land that was theirs at one point during their lifetime. Palestinian-controlled land is shrinking and shrinking. I don't give a fuck about the Holocaust, Jews should not have been given their own country. I agree with Helen Thomas wholeheartedly when she said the Jews should "get the hell out of Palestine" and go home to Europe or America.

America really is the root of the problems though with the Israeli aid. Vietnam was in my opinion an unnecessary attempt to buffer Chinese or, to be more blunt,  Communist expansion and the like. I do not support America's current war. I definitely do not support the massacre of Natives and feel that is probably the most shameful act ever carried out by America.

Really, the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is not a pretty one and it never will be so I'm not saying that the Israelis as a whole are bad people or anything like that (just like I'm not saying Hamas is a positive group). It comes down to what I believe:

-Americans should not be aiding Israel or any other country.
-The Palestinians have more right to be there than Israelis.
-I don't care if BP isn't American, it's foolish to go to war for oil and then say WADDA WE DO WADDA WE DO when millions of barrels of oil are being pumped into the Gulf of Mexico.

There's not many wars/conflicts that I support throughout history; the Russian Revolution, the American Revolution, World War II, the Gulf War (definitely not all practices done throughout the war, just the defense of Kuwait). I'm drawing a blank, I'm SURE there's more but I can't really think of any.

tl;dr
Israel and Palestine are both playing dirty, but Palestine has much more right to be doing so. War sucks and stuff. American foreign policy has been pretty fucked up at times throughout history, including now.

Offline Alex

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 12:51:06 PM »
Skrewy, you're as ignorant as they come. First, Afghanistan is a justifiable war that is not over oil. I don't agree that we should still be there but we didn't go in for oil. As for Iraq, it was a stupid war but every country makes mistakes right? I mean at least we did good for the civilians of the country. We brought more food and recreation items then they ever had. I also love how you ignore the fact that the U.S. gives out more money to undeveloped countries than any other country on earth. Our citizens gave out millions of dollars to Haiti when that earthquake hit. The U.S. does plenty good but you just choose to ignore that.You listen to he media way too often and that makes you much more ignorant than any American.

Offline Knight

• Teh Hugeburger
  • Dedicated Poster
  • Human Analog
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/61454245@N05/
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 12:54:44 PM »
War sucks and stuff.

QFT

I'm sick an tired of these ignorant American statements. If you truly believe any one on this website falls into the "ignorant American" category, then you are far more ignorant than the reddest of rednecks in America.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 12:57:44 PM by Knight »
http://s.postquote.us/uKnight.png[/img][/url]
[CleanMe][/url]
[Photography, The least you should know][/url]
http://kodyhungenberg.500px.com[/url]

Offline Archeh

• .[Ak4]. Member
  • Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 14:52:44 PM »
First, Afghanistan is a justifiable war that is not over oil. I don't agree that we should still be there but we didn't go in for oil.

I'm not sure exactly your view cuz that's a little vague but I think I agree with you. I pity the Afghan people because in general they seem very accepting of Western views and they got their shit together pretty quickly, but they still kinda have a shitty country with A LOT of corruption. Karzai is an open-minded, non-fascist leader but the power got to him and he became corrupt. Anywho I don't think we should be there because I don't think it's our place and all that but our intent was good. I also don't really like your use of the word "war" as we're there primarily to help not to fight. Idk it's hard to have an opinion on this because they don't really want us there and I don't really want us there but they deserve a better life than they have. Maybe I'm just being blind to everything though 'cuz the people of many countries deserve more than they have.

INB4 THREAD SPLIT AND MOVED TO DEBATE FORUM

Offline BlueBlaster

• Epic Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 16:35:15 PM »
WTF is this? There's no such thing as war. There's just big stupid kids with big toys that cry when you take them away, that's all.

Offline Alex

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 16:35:30 PM »
The U.S. went in with good intentions but their primary reason for going into Afghanistan was to get Osama Bin Laden. we got rid of the Taliban government and set up a better one but it turned corrupt as hell. The U.S. is trying to help the Afghan people but the Taliban are consantly carrying out attacks and the government is not functioning well which is slowing down the U.S. progress. Not to mention the ROE for the U.S. soldiers is way too strict making fighting the Taliban even harder. I do believe it is a war against the Taliban. It's a war that we will not win for a very long time, if at all.

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: War: Israeli's and Afghanistan
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, July 18, 2010, 17:33:48 PM »
Topic split and moved.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Alex

« Reply #8 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 11:04:34 AM »
Skrewy, you're as ignorant as they come. First, Afghanistan is a justifiable war that is not over oil.

before i read through the other comments let me simply say, i was never refering to the war on the afganies... not a single line of my post was directed at it i just thought you could deduce it from what i said, its like saying all blue cars suck and you say FUCK YOU DUMMAS RED CARS ARE THE FUCKEN BEST HOW DARE U SAY RED CARS SUCK

You never specified a war, it was up in the air. We're in two you know.
until they go to war with another country because that country has oil i dont think any dumass yank can judge
as if we the American people chose to go to war.  ::)

whose worse, the Hamas who ONLY target civilians, or the Israelis who try to avoid them but make mistakes while trying to flush out and kill Hamas while they hide amongst civilians?
 No one ever said Hamas was good or better than Israel. We just simply pointed out how Israel is persecuting the Palestinians and taking their land.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 19, 2010, 11:07:40 AM by KiLLaMaN »

Offline Alex

« Reply #9 on: Monday, July 19, 2010, 16:00:37 PM »
I also love how you ignore the fact that the U.S. gives out more money to undeveloped countries than any other country on earth.

your putting a price on all the people you have killed, all the familys you have destroyed by giving money to corrupt African pollies and war lords?

your not the only country helping others, sure you can send more cos your country is happy ignoring its debt and is able donate more

maybe if your country adopts Israeli ROE they would do better :D

but i told crunk this you cant find a rebel band of terriost with an organised army, its not how it works, if an aussie was able to turn suspected terriost and meet bin laden why couldnt an american agent or someone do it? less collateral damage

you train your guys for direct fire missions, and pit them against masters of improvised indirect weapons and tactics?

americas hoping a big show of tanks and firepower will win it for them trying to fight an enemy that sees death as a blessing

if the jews had done this a centery or more ago, but been harsher, meanier and deadlier about it the whole event would be a little footnote in history, but now a days... ohh noo

and as much as  u hate what there doing u need them to help vs the terriost, seeing as they used to use the same tactics they can handle them pretty well

also me and mans a rapping duo

The money doesn't go to the governments most of the time. There are relief areas where civilians go to get food and supplies. The U.S. is not trying to win with big tanks and fire power, the soldiers are barely able to fire on an insurgent the ROE is so strict. It's called counter insurgency, trying to win over the people of Afghanistan instead of just going through and destroying the country, which could have already been done. And how do you know how the U.S. trains their soldiers? Were you ever in training? Or did you just watch something on the history channel?

Just tell me this one last thing, why do you hate the U.S.? What is it that makes you talk bad about the country and its citizens? The last time I checked the U.S. and Australia were allies yet you seem hellbent on making fun of America using generalizations that are just not true, what is your purpose for it?

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2010, 03:59:46 AM »
sorry if i am mistaken killa but does your army teach your men how to become a unified fighting force, or a bunch of rebel backyard warriors?

From what I could understand on your previous posts, I mostly agreed with you. Except for this quoted bit above. The one man army rebel thing is (I hope) fake Hollywood crap. There's a lot of unified fighting or teamwork in the US armed forces.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2010, 05:33:55 AM »
*quietly backs out of conversation*

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager