Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: Netgear router problemo..  (Read 3252 times)

Offline kinetiks

Netgear router problemo..
« on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 07:40:38 AM »
Does someone have experience of Netgear router which uses that "Netgear Genie" setting site.. i've opened every port as i think?  :oops: Here's a image from port forwarding site LINK Any help would be appreciated  :)

Offline kinetiks

Re: Netgear router problemo..
« Reply #1 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 08:36:31 AM »
Now i have a problem when i run the server i have all ports opened what needed, but with my desktop comp where im running the server i cant join (it says Offline) and same with my laptop so whats the problem?  :shock:

Offline kMx

« Reply #2 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 11:15:19 AM »
make sure you have the disable port testing to external ip option off
also on your server.ini check this entry

[Andromeda.Andromeda]
GameServerIP=0.0.0.0

change 0.0.0.0 to your external ip
and test

Offline kinetiks

« Reply #3 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 12:44:50 PM »
Do i change the ip from router or comp? if comp there's no reason why to do that o.o and yes i have disabled it

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 13:15:21 PM »
What netgear model number do u have, I to use netgear router, its easy to set up the port forwarding, f u wanna jump on TS I can walk u through it, very simple set up

Offline kinetiks

« Reply #5 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 13:28:01 PM »
I have WNR612v3 but i already have opened my ports :) there's only now the problem that it shows for me Offline and ping is X but other people see it online  :o

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 18:15:47 PM »
u sure u placed the right info for opening ports?? u open the forwarding ports??  netgear is weird

i only used 1716 through 1719 and shows ports open

u also do these steps for ur firewall if ur using 1, i had to allow traffic in order to play as well

Offline kinetiks

« Reply #7 on: Friday, September 21, 2012, 18:36:57 PM »
Yea all the ports are for sure open what is needed in router settings and in windows firewall and all the traffic is allowed.. i have tried all the things what i can imagine but still not working so all the help is needed. It must be so freaking weird option in router or in assist/army some setting is fucked up, dunno.. :down:

Offline kMx

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, September 22, 2012, 07:35:19 AM »
Do i change the ip from router or comp? if comp there's no reason why to do that o.o and yes i have disabled it

no you dont have to change no ip , just change that line in your server.ini , 0.0.0.0 is the default value

find external ip here
http://www.whatismyip.com/

Offline kinetiks

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, September 22, 2012, 11:30:29 AM »
Well changing the ip didnt change anything :s

Offline kinetiks

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, September 22, 2012, 13:12:10 PM »
Now i maybe found out whats wrong.. i googled some " 25Assist serverlist not working" and found out this really old Topic where someone had similar problem and it was because of nat loopback.. but there's now the problem what i was afraid of.. i did google search on Netgear WNR612v3 NAT Loopback and didnt find anything :S so wickid do you have experience of this with netgear router?
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 22, 2012, 13:14:01 PM by kinetiks »

Offline wickid

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, September 22, 2012, 16:16:23 PM »
Now i maybe found out whats wrong.. i googled some " 25Assist serverlist not working" and found out this really old Topic where someone had similar problem and it was because of nat loopback.. but there's now the problem what i was afraid of.. i did google search on Netgear WNR612v3 NAT Loopback and didnt find anything :S so wickid do you have experience of this with netgear router?

All I did is open the ports and used the port forwarding function made one for aa2 and haven't had no problem since, much easier to solve this problem ur having on TS instead of forums

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager