Forum

ASSIST, AMERICA'S ARMY COMMUNITY - RELIVE THE GLORY DAYS OF AMERICA'S ARMY 2.5

Author Topic: The holidays are coming  (Read 8198 times)

Offline Spanky

• <?php echo $opinion .' is better.'; ?>
  • Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
  • AA: tigobitties
Re: The holidays are coming
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 20:16:10 PM »
I'd be willing to wager that there's free language classes on YouTube and if not, Rosetta Stone is cheaper than an airplane ticket.

As for food, Google also crawls recipe sites.
It's like shaving your pubes to make your junk look bigger.
Might look bigger, but it aint.....

Offline Ganja

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 20:21:45 PM »
I'm not sure if you react like that to be contradictive or not :o I can't understand your point of view actually, it's such an indifirence (french word) for the rest of the world. Learn new cultures, new languages, see new landscapes, meet new people, that's life dude.

Let's compare your life, to my gameplay.
I used to play only bridge crossing during 5 years, I thought "why try new maps as Im happy with this one"
And one day I tried maps, I knew more and more maps and I was happy to have the possibility to play them all.

I don't know if you already traveled to another country, or continent but I believe it's one of the greatest things in my life, without exagerating

Offline IGC Wolf^

• Banned
    • View Profile
  • AA: Banned
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 20:47:18 PM »
When you get old you really going to think - what did I do in my life, what did I learn? questions not be answered. Of course spanky its up to you, you are responsible for yourself but look around you, every day you see the same room but if you go out you see lots of things, people, food, culture. It gives you experience of the worldwide. And you will be able to tell your exxperience to next generation, I think travelling is very useful for yourself, to fresh your mind and from all surroundings. From what I've read Spanky - you tell us that you have a life at your house. How can it be that you don't want to learn anything from somewhere where you might be only once etc.

Offline bollie

• Dedicated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 20:50:23 PM »
Im happy that we have all kind of different people on this world. if everybody was thinking and doing the same... it would be a boring world!

I can understand both parties.

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 20:55:00 PM »
Being stressed to learn a new language in a country you're unfamiliar with just to live doesn't seem like a fun thing. Meeting people you'll never see again, can't see the point in that either.

I guess my biggest problem is the people. Whether it's a vacation spot you're going where a bunch of other people are running around like rats to try and enjoy a little break from their shit lives or you're going somewhere (especially another country) where you HAVE to interact with people to survive. I wouldn't mind roaming (if I had the means) around a state or two to see some wilderness but I could take it or leave it. I don't care enough to bother thinking about doing something like that.

I laugh when I see so many RV's on the road around the holidays. Everybody racing around to get a little enjoyment in their lives.

I won't go much into my personal life but I've learned a lot in the past few years and the progression has been satisfying and enjoyable. To see what I've done, what I've built is great and creates a proud feeling. I don't see how the same could be said for "yea, I went to germany one year". What does that accomplish in life? I mean, climbing mountains has more purpose than traveling... You go somewhere and either you enjoy it or you don't. If you don't, it's a waste of time and if you do, it makes you second-guess your home.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 21:04:34 PM »
Being stressed to learn a new language in a country you're unfamiliar with just to live doesn't seem like a fun thing. Meeting people you'll never see again, can't see the point in that either.

Why would you be stressed. It's so interesting to learn a new language, and what if it's too difficult for you? Well no stress, that's not a problem, you won't be punished or anything. There are some people you'll see again, and some you don't, but it's also about all the time you've spend with those people during your trip (talking about a 1 or 2 month trip), it's a massive experience you might never forget. Ofcourse I'm not talking about going to the beach or going to a vacationclub or something, I'm talking about trips into the wild, in africa or south america ..
Whether it's a vacation spot you're going where a bunch of other people are running around like rats to try and enjoy a little break from their shit lives.

Cliché n°1

Everybody racing around to get a little enjoyment in their lives.

Cliché n°2

I won't go much into my personal life but I've learned a lot in the past few years and the progression has been satisfying and enjoyable. To see what I've done, what I've built is great and creates a proud feeling. I don't see how the same could be said for "yea, I went to germany one year". What does that accomplish in life?

Who said they were not compatible? :O

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 21:09:34 PM »
The only thing I really have to say to that is you're just sounding like those people that always go "yea dude it's so much fun you gotta try it!". I still haven't heard WHY.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 21:24:18 PM »
Well you don't have to try it if you don't want to haha I don't care it's your life, you choose what to do with it.
Traveling changes my view on the society and on the people, it bring me experience and stories to tell :) Just a few examples. But I guess it's personal, as it doesn't seem to bring you anything but stress ;)

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 22:19:52 PM »
What can I say? At the age of 23, I am a bitter old man.

Offline Ganja

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, July 09, 2013, 22:54:55 PM »
Guess people have to "DEAL WITH IT"" :)

Offline zoxee

« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 02:38:48 AM »
What can I say? At the age of 23, I am a bitter old man.

Get out of that Mormon church of yours and open yourself to a new Era  :D
First time hot knifing hash oil, sent me to the moon, zombified. Not a whole lot of fun.

Offline bRU$seLs.2004-

• waNna sOmethiNg?
    • View Profile
  • AA: .
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:09:24 PM »
Meh, I don't think it's bullshit, that's why I said it. Lotta overhyped places and expensive traveling. I don't really give a crap about other cultures (hell, I don't even give a crap about America's culture...) and as far as scenery, I got nice scenery and there's plenty of other people that have been to places before and taken pictures. I've not been on an airplane and have no desire to be on one. I'd only leave the country if things get to a point where the country as a whole is fucked (not far off). I really have no desire to try and rush to enjoy a week or two somewhere just to spend thousands of dollars and enjoy something temporarily when I can walk a few minutes and end up with the same result. If I did ever travel, I'd go out of my way to avoid major cities. You won't catch me alive in California or New York, that's for sure.

"spending thousands of dollars"

for some people its no problem..

spanky stfu
poor wanna be ghedDo kiD

you talk like a wife, all that posts what you made, what time you already spend on it...
btw, you dont must give thousands of dollars for a nice holiday...

Offline krIz+

• Loyal Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:17:18 PM »
"spending thousands of dollars"

for some people its no problem..

spanky stfu
poor wanna be ghedDo kiD

you talk like a wife, all that posts what you made, what time you already spend on it...
btw, you dont must give thousands of dollars for a nice holiday...
papa didnt paid for your english lessons? and not everyone have rich parents, jfyi

Offline bRU$seLs.2004-

• waNna sOmethiNg?
    • View Profile
  • AA: .
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 14:40:06 PM »
i dont care about my english, people around the world understand me if i talk with them thats enough for me, writing ok it sucks...
I have a great job too.. fkn idiot

and btw thats why i said..
you dont must give thousands of dollars for a nice holiday..
for people who have not much money...

Offline Spanky

• Administrator
  • Posts like a Spanky!
    • View Profile
    • NatesComp.com
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 10, 2013, 15:07:44 PM »
poor wanna be ghedDo kiD

Yep, you know tons about me.

Download Assist

Download Game Client

Important: Battletracker no longer exists. However, old Battletracker accounts may still work. You can create a new 25Assist account here

Download Server Manager